Login

russian armor

DLC pricing. #Milking (Ranting and Suggestions)

14 Nov 2013, 06:30 AM

I hope you dont' take offence since you've seem to have realised the folly of your ways. But, a huge problem is people like you though.. I have played the game since the beta. Bought the game after it came out and I've yet to buy any DLC yet out of pure principle. I'd love to get my hands on FHQ, Osttruppen, ASSgrens etc but will I budge own morals to get them? No. And neither should anyone else. If no one had bought the first DLC p2w commanders, they would have been forced to change their business model very rapidly but that wasn't the case was it. I blame both those who support the system with their purchases and those who decided p2w was a good model for a RTS that claims to be competitive.
Now a few people who does buy the DLC p2w commanders doesn't seem to realize that their decisions of accepting and supporting the P2W model and overpriced DLC are those who enabled this to happen.

i did know this i supported p2w business because i brought the product, because i wanted to try new commanders, new skills and then i realized those new commanders don't fit my play style much i still using the two soviet commander i brought but completely don't use my 2 german commanders, therefore the money of those two commanders is wasted. that is why i said i am kind of give up and will stop investing in this game. and prob leave this game soon as more and more p2w commanders showing up it felts it become those cheap browser base mmo.
14 Nov 2013, 07:06 AM

A good and common general rule in these microtransaction type (3,99€?) games is to either make everything achievable through other means without having to spend real money or give actual game changing content free and only sell cosmetic items for money.

Neither is the case here.
+1
14 Nov 2013, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 07:06 AMMadok
+1

Even that model is only used in f2p games really though, we should expect better than that since this was presented as a $60 full price, fully featured, title.
14 Nov 2013, 07:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:14 PMInverse
If nobody bought them, maybe they would rethink their strategy.

+1
14 Nov 2013, 07:28 AM
Donator 22

Greed of possesion is what is ruining you.

Who said you have to have every single commander?

Buy the one or two you need. Screw the rest.

Well summarized.
I do not get it otherwise. I will keep playing and having fun. The fact that there are some more commanders and skins out there will not really bother me. So I do not care about the pricing. Some will buy, some not. Fine. So be it. Nothing to be upset about.
unless: balancing is fucked up
unless: greed of possession

14 Nov 2013, 08:06 AM

Well summarized.
I do not get it otherwise. I will keep playing and having fun. The fact that there are some more commanders and skins out there will not really bother me. So I do not care about the pricing. Some will buy, some not. Fine. So be it. Nothing to be upset about.
unless: balancing is fucked up
unless: greed of possession

Greed of possession for assuming it'd be feasible to afford the entire CoH2 experience? That's not apologism in the least. How foolish to expect that CoH2 would remain competitive with other RTS games so far as pricing and content is concerned.
14 Nov 2013, 08:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:20 PMZ3r07

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:14 PMInverse
If nobody bought them, maybe they would rethink their strategy.

+1

I didn't buy any of them.

+1
15 Nov 2013, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 08:32 AMEnkidu
I'm a die hard CoH fan and this pricing model has completely turned me off. I played almost 2000 hours of coh1 and wanted to support the company through coh2 but this just feels like unashamed gouging and I can't embrace being ripped off.

The feeling of being ripped off is the most off putting part. I can easily afford these commanders, but should they really be worth that cost? Have you checked the steam sales these days?

I also am unsure of what direction they are taking this game and I don't want to support a business practice I don't fully understand. I'm not sure how radically changing game balance monthly is supposed to create a tournament community.

I'll happily continue to play my $60 game though.
15 Nov 2013, 18:09 PM

Out of curiosity , if they had seperated the cost of SP and MP and to play competitively online you had to pay 15e in the start and a yearly subscription of 15 e with all the commanders and the basic skins unlocked ( only cosmetics dlc ) would you have liked the buisness model more ?
16 Nov 2013, 19:56 PM

It will cost less, so yes/
16 Nov 2013, 21:15 PM

gj on hashtag milking in title. exactly what I envision with every release new commander dlc.. A relic employee strolling out with a bucket to milk the cows for another few dollars with a quick pinch, every week or so.

Biggest issue for me here is perception and the way they roll this out. I pay for tripA title cost for a full game and all of a sudden, barely a month later, they start rolling things out that were obviously held back to have something to shell out for at a later date.

Even bundling some of these together and making it seem like a bigger release would look better. Trivially treating game content like it's all optional cosmetic skins. I have yet to play a f2p game even that had micro purchases for actual game content/weapons/etc that you otherwise couldn't get without paying this way.

Just terrible. Really hurts people's perception of a company as a whole, hope they figure it out soon.
16 Nov 2013, 22:31 PM

I'd be so happy if they would just cut the crap with the commanders which are 85% recycling and only 15% original stuff. Just make a very good addon and charge 20-30 Euro for that. Just like it's always been.
16 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

Just saying, you don't have to buy all the commanders they release. I only liked 2 out of 4 of what they released so I bought them. And I definitely didn't buy any other content.

Don't look at it like 'oh god look how much this is in total!' Look at each DLC separately, decide which ones you actually want, and see how much that comes to.
17 Nov 2013, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2013, 23:28 PMGTTV
Just saying, you don't have to buy all the commanders they release. I only liked 2 out of 4 of what they released so I bought them. And I definitely didn't buy any other content.

Don't look at it like 'oh god look how much this is in total!' Look at each DLC separately, decide which ones you actually want, and see how much that comes to.

Thank you for parroting the official relic response. The point was already made by someone else, but the commander you want today, may not be the same commander you want a month later when they patch it. There is an incentive to release OP commanders and then balance them later. I'll let you figure out what that is.

Maybe on the box of their next release they need to add
"Some commanders not included" and "Each sold separately" and maybe even "Commanders subject to change/balancing after initial sales"

at least people will know what they are getting into then.
17 Nov 2013, 01:08 AM

The feeling of being ripped off is the most off putting part. I can easily afford these commanders, but should they really be worth that cost? Have you checked the steam sales these days?

I also am unsure of what direction they are taking this game and I don't want to support a business practice I don't fully understand. I'm not sure how radically changing game balance monthly is supposed to create a tournament community.

I'll happily continue to play my $60 game though.

+1
I love the coh franchise and the style of gameplay but I'd much rather pay for an expansion and know what I'm going to get and what I'm going to be up against rather than this constant limbo of not knowing what the next fotm is going to be and how much I'm going to eventually have to spend to get it.
17 Nov 2013, 01:22 AM

The only issue i see about Sega/Relic commercial policy is that they are forcing on the community a p2w model which will ruin the game on the long run.

An aggressive DLC policy is not necessarily bad because the game will be enriched with a lot more content and the customer will decide if the new content is worth the price or not.

I have preordered COH2,skipped the CE content which was openly a ripoff and bought the first 4 commanders and heavy tanks skins and i'm quite pleased with what i paid for.

I won't buy any new DLC though because the new commanders (Soviet Industry and Tiger Ace one) have shown that the ridiculous price of Assault Grenadiers when the first batch of commanders was released wasn't a mistake but a planned commercial move towards a P2W model, which i think is the real problem for us lovers of the COH franchise.
17 Nov 2013, 04:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:20 PMZ3r07

+1

I didn't buy any of them.

+1

I'm letting my friends buy them for me :D

Relic needs to stop making commanders. NOW. PERIOD. and focus on BALANCE.

Also, off topic, I WAS HORRIBLY TEASED WITH RAILS & METALS thinking it was going to be in 1v1 auto match.
17 Nov 2013, 10:56 AM
Donator 22

let's wait for the new commanders, in maybe 4 weeks...:/
The "christmas commander" I guess ;D
18 Nov 2013, 18:56 PM
18 Nov 2013, 20:48 PM

let's wait for the new commanders, in maybe 4 weeks...:/
The "christmas commander" I guess ;D

And Christmas Skins for your Panthers.

They will look so lovely all red & white...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★