Login

russian armor

DLC pricing. #Milking (Ranting and Suggestions)

13 Nov 2013, 10:11 AM

A huge problem is that even if you buy the overpriced op p2w commanders now, a month from now you'll be forced to buy the 'new' ones again, at least if you want to keep being competitive.. Making your first investment useless.

Well atleast the old ones weren't really OP, so can't really agree with this statement.
13 Nov 2013, 10:14 AM
Patrion 14

The Problem is, i really want this commanders >:(
13 Nov 2013, 10:14 AM
Benefactor 115

I don't think you can stay competitive without buying the new stuff (which needs to be patched anyway no matter how much they claim it's been playtested), as someone said you need to play with a strat/unit to understand its weaknesses.
And yes maybe you can beat the new commanders with the old ones but I paid full price for coh2 and I want to be in control of it and be able to have full access to what the game offers.
therefore, I'm out. good milking
13 Nov 2013, 11:35 AM

I totally agree with the OP.

Also I now have to buy 4 commanders (total of € 16,-) to stay competitive on ladder. :(
13 Nov 2013, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 10:14 AMtuvok
I don't think you can stay competitive without buying the new stuff (which needs to be patched anyway no matter how much they claim it's been playtested), as someone said you need to play with a strat/unit to understand its weaknesses.
And yes maybe you can beat the new commanders with the old ones but I paid full price for coh2 and I want to be in control of it and be able to have full access to what the game offers.
therefore, I'm out. good milking

So, you're saying that you haven't been able to be competitive after the assgren commanders came? What, are you serious?

Have you checked SNF games? There has been only few times these DLC commanders and usually they haven't won who has used it. I would say that SNF is pretty competitive.

It was a bigger deal before they came than it actually was after.

How many games have you played today that you can make the conclusion that they are OP?
13 Nov 2013, 12:36 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 12:29 PMFlamee

So, you're saying that you haven't been able to be competitive after the assgren commanders came? What, are you serious?

no, that's not what I'm saying, try reading my post again
13 Nov 2013, 12:40 PM

I agree the commanders and skins are really overpriced. My hope is that they increased the price for commander from 2,5 euro to 4 euro because there will be the steam autumn sale in 2 weeks, so they are trying to milk as much as they can before the sale. Even if they are free to price new content i hope they understand that it can have a serious backlash on the long run. They are restricting demand too much for commanders and are also losing reputation.
13 Nov 2013, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 10:14 AMtuvok

Well after reading it second time it still feels a bit mixed. So I think I understood it incorrectly.

-E- What is the message of the first sentence then?
13 Nov 2013, 12:50 PM

I'm starting to lose all my liking towards Relic.

This business model is suitable for a F2P game, not for a game that was priced 60€ (much more for the unfortunate CE owners).

I'm not asking for free content for life, but at least keep the prices reasonable, and spread a bit more the release time between new DLC's.
13 Nov 2013, 13:06 PM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 12:45 PMFlamee

Well after reading it second time it still feels a bit mixed. So I think I understood it incorrectly.

-E- What is the message of the first sentence then?
The most important issue to me is that they are trying to balance the game through the paid commander.
Simple example: instead of making soviet low tiers faster to build, they just make a commander where they are built faster. Same commander lets M3/penals be built earlier thus putting them back into the meta.
Hence, units viability and game variety is not achieved by balancing the vanilla game but by augmenting it with paid commanders.
I'm not saying you can't win without the new commanders, simply, they change too much of the core of the game to be optional.
My problem is that, as a competitive player, I WANT those commanders, I crave them and that's the simplest indication of how fundamental they are. I won't buy them tho, because I have already paid full price for the game, but some will.
13 Nov 2013, 14:03 PM

I thought: Maybe I buy one new German Commander, they look really cool. (I hoped they would be 3€ again).

But then I realised again that if I only wanted the 8 new units commanders I would have to pay 32€!! or 16 for just the German ones.

And don't forget all the old commanders which really should be sold in a bundle by now. I can't believe someone would buy them right now.

You know I can get CoH2 for 20€ on Steam right now? I am really happy that I bought the game on a cheap keysite. Before release I thought even about buying CE. LOL.

Btw, I wanted to recommend the game to some friends, 20€ for this great game is good. But I can't and I won't. "Yeah you get CoH2 for 20€!!! (And then you have to pay 32€ for the NEWEST Commanders, then you still miss the old ones and skins, and all commanders that will come)"

But yeah enough ranting, my solutions:

Commanderpass: 25€/30$ for ALL Commanders now and coming.
Problem: Some people already bought commanders... (On the other hand, these people seem to have enough money and no problem with throwing it out of the window :D)
I wont buy commanders as long as I know there will be new ones I "have" to buy too.

Or 1,50€ per new Commander. And f*king bundles for the old and the "new" "old" commanders.
13 Nov 2013, 14:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

If nobody bought them, maybe they would rethink their strategy.
13 Nov 2013, 14:20 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:14 PMInverse

+1

I didn't buy any of them.
13 Nov 2013, 14:21 PM

Permanently Banned
DLC PRICE are a joke for me

+ COLLECTOR EDITION ********** JOKE

I think we need to make a petition or a group for says something wich call a reaction to relic and sega.

Like a petition with like : If DLC continue to be overprice, i agree to not preorder coh 3.

If we not preorder coh 3, i'm sur it's a problem for them.

NO MONEY GUYS BEFORE LAUNCH and RELIC ACTION scares !!!!!
13 Nov 2013, 14:22 PM

games as service.........
13 Nov 2013, 14:24 PM

which isn't all of it, this is all of it:

skins (48 * $1.99) = $95.52
+ faceplates (4 * $1.99) = $7.96
+ ToW expansions (2 * $9.99) = $19.98
+ cost of commanders = (11 * $2.99) + (8 * $3.99) = $64.81

Total (just DLC, not counting base game) = $188.27

Obviously this counts the Theatre of War DLC, which I don't mind at all. The skins however? Whilst I'd be fine with skins in theory, it should be $1.99 for all vehicles, charging separately for class of vehicle is just ludicrous. They aren't finished yet either, so assuming you bought at $59.99 you're now $248.26

Company of heroes 2 is the most expensive game in Videogames history.If you think EA s DLC policy is terrible then you have to meet the milking Company Relic Entertainment they top everything with there overpriced DLC milking strategy.
13 Nov 2013, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:20 PMZ3r07
jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 14:14 PMInverse

+1

I didn't buy any of them.

+1
13 Nov 2013, 16:18 PM

I'm a little concerned about them not being able to re-balance (nerf) these new commanders. I mean the people that bought them, did so because they were advertised to do X, Y, and Z. Can Sega/Relic really change that after people paid for them? That would be like buying a vacuum cleaner, and two weeks later, Hoover shows up at your house and tells you that they have to turn it into a microwave.
13 Nov 2013, 16:21 PM
Benefactor 115

I'm a little concerned about them not being able to re-balance (nerf) these new commanders. I mean the people that bought them, did so because they were advertised to do X, Y, and Z. Can Sega/Relic really change that after people paid for them? That would be like buying a vacuum cleaner, and two weeks later, Hoover shows up at your house and tells you that they have to turn it into a microwave.

this has already been done with AssGrens. they just don't give a shit
13 Nov 2013, 16:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge

according to there contract that you sign they can. I don't think relic won't Nerf if that's really need to altered i havn't lost that much faith in them.

though i do think relaseing free commanders with the new abilitys is important these are 2 new and 2 differnet not to. if not for balance but more for its symbolism. its what they also should have done with this had 2 more commanders with some of the new abilitys for free.

balanceing there free and premium content is key so far theyve barely just barely skimmed that one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★