Login

russian armor

Tank Destroyer Standardization

20 Mar 2020, 22:51 PM

Just give the Panther an APCR shell (PzGr. 40) ability with greater base accuracy and penetration, a la M36. There. Any other sort of buff to the Panther will absolutely require durability nerfs.

AP rounds do not need increased accuracy because they are meant to be used when firing at larger target size. Else they are better vs everything.
20 Mar 2020, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 22:51 PMVipper

AP rounds do not need increased accuracy because they are meant to be used when firing at larger target size. Else they are better vs everything.

The principal complaint regarding the Panther besides penetration is accuracy. Ability-activated AP rounds in this game are already consistently more accurate than the base ammunition (M4C, M36).

As a paid (and timed) ability I don't think it would be exactly game-breaking to have better accuracy stats.

If someone wants to dump 30 or so munitions over and over again to deal with medium tanks they already have no problem dealing with with the panther, that's on them I suppose.

But really, I suppose I don't care much either way.
20 Mar 2020, 23:25 PM

The principal complaint regarding the Panther besides penetration is accuracy. Ability-activated AP rounds in this game are already consistently more accurate than the base ammunition (M4C, M36).

As a paid (and timed) ability I don't think it would be exactly game-breaking to have better accuracy stats.

If someone wants to dump 30 or so munitions over and over again to deal with medium tanks they already have no problem dealing with with the panther, that's on them I suppose.

But really, I suppose I don't care much either way.

76mm rounds are toggle not ability activated.

HAVP do more and both have slower reload.

My point (and it is no directed to you personally) is that if one designs rounds to be used vs super heavies one should not increase the accuracy since those vehicles generally have larger Target size and are already easier to hit. Else the round as better vs most targets.
21 Mar 2020, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Mar 2020, 23:25 PMVipper

76mm rounds are toggle not ability activated.

HAVP do more and both have slower reload.

My point (and it is no directed to you personally) is that if one designs rounds to be used vs super heavies one should not increase the accuracy since those vehicles generally have larger Target size and are already easier to hit. Else the round as better vs most targets.

Fair enough. Would you be supportive of the idea otherwise?
21 Mar 2020, 07:22 AM

Fair enough. Would you be supportive of the idea otherwise?

Actually I am the one that proposed that there should be to type of rounds available to some vehicles something like four years ago.

High penetration rounds with low accuracy (and low ROF) vs heavily armored vehicles and lower penetration rounds higher accuracy vs normal vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★