Login

russian armor

How to pause a cooldown? (infiltration grenades bug)

9 Mar 2020, 14:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The infiltration tactics ability is bugged for quite a while now (it acts differently than the description). Original it had a cooldown which required to squad to be out of combat. And if I remember it correctly, the cooldown was paused while the squad was in combat. Currently this ability has zero requirements.

I am trying to fix this and I managed to create a cooldown requirement which stops the cooldown when the squad is in combat. Though the problem is the the cooldown resets when the squad is no longer in combat. Ideal would be that the timer only pauses.

I wonder if I remember the ability differently or should this be fixable?
Any help is much appreciated.
24 Mar 2020, 17:01 PM
Modmaker Badge

Out of curiosity - how did you manage to stop the timer when the squad is out of combat? A requirement in ability's requirements_self_recharge?
24 Mar 2020, 17:47 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 17:01 PMOlekman
Out of curiosity - how did you manage to stop the timer when the squad is out of combat? A requirement in ability's requirements_self_recharge?

Indeed in requirements_self_recharge.
I used: required_not > required_in_state > in_combat_since: 10.
24 Mar 2020, 21:21 PM
Modmaker Badge

Indeed in requirements_self_recharge.
I used: required_not > required_in_state > in_combat_since: 10.

Indeed, it resets the timer completely instead of stopping it. I doubt there's a way of getting around that, unless I'm missing something.

There's a hacky method of simulating that effect however - creating an always_on ability (or adding proper actions to squad's action_apply), that adds 9999 seconds (close enough to infinity) to the ability's recharge timer when the squad is in combat and that also subtracts same amount of seconds when the squad is not in combat. That's the best I got so far.

Funny thing is, I also remember this ability working properly. Wonder when it got broken in the first place.

EDIT: Man, I must have been tired when I first wrote that "hack", because a day later I understand that it won't work as intended at all.
25 Mar 2020, 07:05 AM
Modmaker Badge

There is "required_ability_recharged" requirement that could be used to replicate this effect I think, but sadly its template seem incomplete - it only has fields for reason and ui_name, but no reference to actual ability. It's not used anywhere, likely because it's broken in the first place.
25 Mar 2020, 07:18 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm afraid always_on_ability would have a bad impact on the performance. It could theoretically work to add a second to the cooldown, every second when the squad is in combat. Though I am not sure if that's possible at all.

Thanks for helping, much appreciated!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Russian Federation 33
United States 2
unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L