Login

russian armor

Is there any chance that frag bomb nerfs be lessend

1 Mar 2020, 13:05 PM

As the title suggest, the nerfs on the ost frag bombs in my opinion is bit too harsh, not only it cost a lot and only really damages infantry and has a small(ish) aoe. I get the that it came lightning fast on edges of the map with opportune angles. But now it's kind of a wast of munis.
So is there any chance the the nerf will get dialed back a little.
1 Mar 2020, 14:44 PM

As the title suggest, the nerfs on the ost frag bombs in my opinion is bit too harsh, not only it cost a lot and only really damages infantry and has a small(ish) aoe. I get the that it came lightning fast on edges of the map with opportune angles. But now it's kind of a wast of munis.
So is there any chance the the nerf will get dialed back a little.

I think lowered potency is fine, but cost should also be lowered to reflect that.
1 Mar 2020, 20:46 PM

I dont think you have ever used it on armour if you think its only good against infantry. That said the nerf is a bit strong handed. I think i can speak for everyone here and say we should take the infiltration nades approach and increase the muni cost by 5 and see how that paramount change effects thing before never revisiting it again
3 Mar 2020, 15:28 PM

Axis isn't allowed to have strong airstrikes.
3 Mar 2020, 16:16 PM

Axis isn't allowed to have strong airstrikes.

Allies isn't allowed to have strong tanks
3 Mar 2020, 16:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Don't hold your breath, since when did the balance team do anything to correct mistakes they've made against Ost in any decent time. Maybe a year will pass and the bal team might consider fixing their mistakes.

The balance team is too busy giving Brits too much, like giving a damn smoke drop like the one in heavy cav to the pyro section, when a single smoke nade would suffice. Or they're trying to sneak in cheaper USF nade tech when absolutely nobody asked for them. Or the fact that the Garand buffs not only buffed rifles but also the officers, and somehow the bal team says that the officer buffs were also "intended." USF has always dominated Ost, so these buffs were entirely to help them vs OKW, but the balance team doesn't give a shit about what the buffs would do to Ost. Meanwhile, bal team says they're taking forever to decide what to do with Ost T4 bEcAuSE wE'Re cONceRNEd aBoUT 4v4 nOObs. Where was this caution when the bal team was buffing allies? Sure, lets fuck over Ost with the rifle AND officer buffs. Sure, lets make the 7man upgrade over-the-top good so that lmg grens will lose even at max range.
3 Mar 2020, 18:54 PM

Frag bombs aren't really a nerf but more of an adjustment that brings them in line with other off maps to give you enough of a delay to respond. I don't know how you nerf their potency when they are SO reliable at wiping when they connect when compared to Light Arty or Railway.
3 Mar 2020, 19:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Frag bombs aren't really a nerf but more of an adjustment that brings them in line with other off maps to give you enough of a delay to respond. I don't know how you nerf their potency when they are SO reliable at wiping when they connect when compared to Light Arty or Railway.

It arrives like 1s slower in the middle of the map as well as not been a dead sentence to anything in the borders.
If it's planned to have EXACTLY equal performance on middle of the map, it might probably need a slightly higher speed.

If anything i consider this a pseudo experimental change which could then apply to all other air offmap as well.
3 Mar 2020, 20:03 PM

If it's planned to have EXACTLY equal performance on middle of the map, it might probably need a slightly higher speed

As far as I know it really depends on the map though. In Steppes (one of the largest maps) the bombs arrived 0.5-1s later according to Tightrope's test. But we did some internal tests on the middle of Crossroads and came to the exact opposite conclusion, that the bombs appeared to be dropped faster than before (at a similar timing as the pre-adjustment cluster bombs, which meant team weapons could barely escape it) and that the plane's speed might need to be reduced.

We had hoped for more playtests to give us a better picture (instead of all this speculation), but we might have to wait for the "live tests" to make further adjustments.
3 Mar 2020, 23:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As far as I know it really depends on the map though. In Steppes (one of the largest maps) the bombs arrived 0.5-1s later according to Tightrope's test. But we did some internal tests on the middle of Crossroads and came to the exact opposite conclusion, that the bombs appeared to be dropped faster than before (at a similar timing as the pre-adjustment cluster bombs, which meant team weapons could barely escape it) and that the plane's speed might need to be reduced.

We had hoped for more playtests to give us a better picture (instead of all this speculation), but we might have to wait for the "live tests" to make further adjustments.

I think that it been directional makes it easier to dodge compared to cluster bombs.
But if the tests on smaller maps throws out that the bomb drop is faster i think that once the patch is out, no one is gonna complain at all.
4 Mar 2020, 06:46 AM

Chruchill, Comet, T34/85, ISU, IS, Pershing, Easy8,... all of them are allrounders. While Germans get Elephant and Jagdtiger, bouth useless versus Infantry.

Your logic is no logic.

and every single one of the ally tanks can't exactly 1v1 a panther.
4 Mar 2020, 06:50 AM

Yo got a questivson, The brits are plenty strong in 3v3's and 4v4's yet you guys threw caution to the wind while buffing them, how does their buff not make them more stronger in 3v3 and 4v4.
4 Mar 2020, 22:26 PM

and every single one of the ally tanks can't exactly 1v1 a panther.

That is true, but Panther needs 17 pop, thats is the the dead verus Inf. One of main-problems of Ost is pop. Your units don't get the real allround kick but you also have no pop, even if you have the ress.
5 Mar 2020, 03:25 AM

That is true, but Panther needs 17 pop, thats is the the dead verus Inf.

Churchill is 18 pop and cant reliable pen anything above p4, your point ?
5 Mar 2020, 06:34 AM

his point is allies can afford to have(pop cap wise) a composition that can deal with anything and ost can not.
6 Mar 2020, 13:44 PM

You are joking or? Are you playing CoH1?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★