Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
13 Nov 2013, 00:34 AM

If anyone's interested - unless I missed something in the game files - Tiger Ace is a Tiger tank, but receives half damage and does double damage a normal Tiger tank would do. It also seems to be slightly slower (3.9 vs 3) and gets the +10 range bonus.

Other stats like armour seems the same.

Oh, and of course, since it can't vet up, it doesn't get any other "normal" vet bonuses a regular Tiger tank would get.
13 Nov 2013, 01:01 AM

Well ignoring the whole DLC commander issue, this mechanic really has an endgame boss feel to it which is cool.

I'd rather be the guy with the working economy than the guy with the steel monster in pretty much every situation, but that's just me.
13 Nov 2013, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 11:37 AMLutzow

I get your point, but it's still only 1 tank, which cannot be at 2 different places at the same time, it could get outflanked and outmaneuvered, with the enemy destroying your army, leaving you resourceless and then what? Anyways I'm just guessing and speculating here, otherwise I agree with Mr. Rossolini:

Is there some reason you can't have ostwin, Piv or 2 and bunch of Pios before you pull out Ace Tiger? As far as I am aware, it costs no fuel or MP to call out.

All you need is bunch of vehicles and flame Pios to negate stop to resources.........

Basically, Tiger Ace seems to be unit that can just go anywhere it wants. Why not just go to cut off point in front of Soviet base? Doing so would mess up Soviet resources

I can see all kind of messed up strats people come up with
13 Nov 2013, 01:42 AM

Honestly I don't see it used in Teamgames, because if you call it in, and your teammates dont commit to a final push you are fucked.

In a 1v1 you can still send it into the enemy base and hopefully end the game buy killing the enemys economy! :D

I can see a lot of people breaking their PC's, quitting the game and having rage attacks when their noob teamate pulls out Tiger Ace in 4v4 (if it cuts income to entire team)
13 Nov 2013, 01:52 AM

If anyone's interested - unless I missed something in the game files - Tiger Ace is a Tiger tank, but receives half damage and does double damage a normal Tiger tank would do. It also seems to be slightly slower (3.9 vs 3) and gets the +10 range bonus.

Other stats like armour seems the same.

Oh, and of course, since it can't vet up, it doesn't get any other "normal" vet bonuses a regular Tiger tank would get.

Its coaxial machine gun seems rip infantry apart can you plz check it out for me
13 Nov 2013, 01:53 AM

3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 13 Nov 2013, 02:02 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 01:52 AMJaigen

Its coaxial machine gun seems rip infantry apart can you plz check it out for me

as this unit does not have a top gunner, its coaxil gun is equal to a normal coaxial + top gunner. Also benefits from the normal damage increase on the unit, so it kills infantry quite quick.
13 Nov 2013, 02:08 AM

as this unit does not have a top gunner, its coaxil gun is equal to a normal coaxial + top gunner. Also benefits from the normal damage increase on the unit, so it kills infantry quite quick.

so its Coaxial + top mg gunner + 2 * damage a tiger ace gets + the veteran upgrades of vet 2 and 3?
13 Nov 2013, 02:48 AM

I can see a lot of people breaking their PC's, quitting the game and having rage attacks when their noob teamate pulls out Tiger Ace in 4v4 (if it cuts income to entire team)

Didn't know that one. Man, it means that if one teamate uses it, the entire team might as well.
13 Nov 2013, 02:54 AM

Permanently Banned
ONE TIGER ACE KILLED 4 SU-85S THAT I HAD SUPPORTED WITH MY INFANTRY. TIGER ACE OP OUT OF ITS MIND, CONFIRMED. GOOD JOB RELIC!
13 Nov 2013, 03:13 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

13 Nov 2013, 03:17 AM

Just had a game where my 4 T-34-85s got wrecked by a Tiger Ace... 1 rammed and bounced off. Other 3 were... dealt with. But the Germans had had such a bad time of it otherwise (because I'd been killing their inf with the 85s) that they quit. It's prolly OP if Germans are at an advantage. If not then they're signing their own death warrant...
13 Nov 2013, 03:39 AM

ONE TIGER ACE KILLED 4 SU-85S THAT I HAD SUPPORTED WITH MY INFANTRY. TIGER ACE OP OUT OF ITS MIND, CONFIRMED. GOOD JOB RELIC!

Really?
Well if it s true its PAY 2 WIN at its finest!
13 Nov 2013, 03:52 AM

After just trying the Tiger Ace, all I can say is no way.

You better mean that the Su-85s were killed over the period of the game or that his Tiger Ace was heavily supported by a bunch of ATs or Panzerschrecks.

Otherwise just leave your posting privileges at the door. What a joke.

13 Nov 2013, 04:23 AM

I bought both Elite troops and Soviet Industry. Both are powerful commanders, and even better than the Assault support.

The Tiger Ace is sick unit to say the least. It does elephant damage so every shot it fires from its mgs/cannon is double.

It also has enhanced sight range (spotting scopes I think, double vision) so you can use the Tiger Ace unsupported to a certain extent.

It's has a firing range of 50. It moves a little bit slower than the normal tiger.
13 Nov 2013, 05:05 AM

Permanently Banned
After just trying the Tiger Ace, all I can say is no way.

You better mean that the Su-85s were killed over the period of the game or that his Tiger Ace was heavily supported by a bunch of ATs or Panzerschrecks.

Otherwise just leave your posting privileges at the door. What a joke.

you're a joke and so is your mom!
13 Nov 2013, 06:38 AM

Why get this when munition income stops and it can be easily AT naded/rammed?

Use it you're winning with all resource points, and want to base rap for fun. Otherwise it's too risky.
13 Nov 2013, 06:54 AM

The Tiger Ace can 2 shot T-34s and fires twice every 11 seconds or so. It is not easy to destroy if you cover its flanks with the rest of your army, which will be up to 70+ population.
13 Nov 2013, 07:24 AM
Donator 11

You forgot to mention Roman, that you were AFK in this game, and it's the only reason you lost. MVGame
13 Nov 2013, 07:31 AM

Tiger Ace should be a King Tiger in my opinion.

Tiger Ace existed in Coh 1 too, and they later changed it to a King Tiger to make the unit more unique.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 15
South Africa 2
unknown 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L