Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
14 Nov 2013, 17:54 PM

For people who dont want to use Industry doctrine, I imagine a ISU152 backed up by 2 T34s is pretty brutal.

Wave good bye to their infantry, ram any tanks that try to come too close, use the doctrine with con repair and ISU152. Its even got IL-2 bomb drop in case you happen to immobilise the Ace.
14 Nov 2013, 18:40 PM

I have two doubts about Tiger Ace in team games:

1) If two ost players have the Tiger Ace commander, can them both call two Tigers at once? Or the second once the first is destroyed?

2) If someone calls a Tiger Ace in a team game, the resouces stop for all members of the team? or only for the one who called the Tiger?

I hope someone can answer these doubts.
14 Nov 2013, 19:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2013, 07:20 AMAradan

OMG, try play Soviets. AT Nade and RAM are dont effective against heavy tanks. I lost many T34 trying this.
In 3v3 and 4v4 Tiger Ace sound too strong.

Yeah, I just wonder how effective (if effective at all) soviets at nades, mines and ram are? Anyone has any info?

I can't wait to face Tiger Ace, this sounds so challenging. Did any1 beat it already?
14 Nov 2013, 19:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 18:40 PMGreeb

1) If two ost players have the Tiger Ace commander, can them both call two Tigers at once? Or the second once the first is destroyed?

2) If someone calls a Tiger Ace in a team game, the resouces stop for all members of the team? or only for the one who called the Tiger?

If it stopped the income for all 4 germans in a 4v4, that would be hilarious.

Unfortunately I didn't save the replay from last night, so I can't check.
14 Nov 2013, 19:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 19:02 PMtokarev

Yeah, I just wonder how effective (if effective at all) soviets at nades, mines and ram are? Anyone has any info?

I can't wait to face Tiger Ace, this sounds so challenging. Did any1 beat it already?

Yup, cost me my whole army though, but also killed off all of his though.

Needed 2 SU-85s and needed to damage the engine before I was able to kill it off though.

Also snipers at that stage help sooo much.
14 Nov 2013, 19:33 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2013, 18:40 PMGreeb

1) they can both call in the tiger ace at the same time

2) the resource stops only for the player with the tiger ace
14 Nov 2013, 19:34 PM

I beat it both in 1v1 and in 2v2 (there were 2 aces in that game). In both these games, I had already won the game before the opponent got the ace(s) out. I had roughly ~70 supply of units including 2 SU85, a SU76, multiple vet conscrips, partisans and penal troops. In both games, my opponents only had something like 2 grenadiers and 1 pioneer squad left before calling in the aces. The aces would still roll in and kill all my tanks, but they eventually fell to my reinforcements.

I faced the tiger ace once in an even 1v1 game, where both me and my opponent had a nice mix of tanks and infantry. It was not clear who was going to win at all, until the tiger ace got called in. That thing combined with an army behind it just rolls over everything. All that was missing that game was the trollolloll song.

You need something like 3 SU85s and a few AT-grenades to take out the tiger ace, and you will maybe survive with one SU85 after that fight. However, the Germans can get 1 PIV for every SU-85 you have on the field if he is on the same skill level as you. This means that you need to fight 3 PIVs and a free tiger ace with 3 SU85s. Good luck with that.

The tiger ace kills the fun in 1v1. If you don't have a huge lead before the 7cp mark, you lose. There are no 40+ minute back and forth even games against this commander.

And from the looks of it, soviets are getting a veteran group of T34/85s in the next round of commanders. Hurray for bad game design!
14 Nov 2013, 22:28 PM

I think the armour is exactly the same as a normal Tiger, so that all weapons will penetrate the same amount. It just has double HP.

So ram and AT nades work like on any other tiger.
14 Nov 2013, 22:53 PM

You mean, don't work like on any other tiger...?
14 Nov 2013, 23:15 PM

I think all it really needs is a very large pop cap at like 50 or something so it cant just be called out when the player has an already large amount of forces.
14 Nov 2013, 23:17 PM

I think the armour is exactly the same as a normal Tiger, so that all weapons will penetrate the same amount. It just has double HP.

So ram and AT nades work like on any other tiger.

It's not double hp but has -50% damage recieved, which mainly onlly means it takes just as long to repair as a normal tiger.
14 Nov 2013, 23:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think all it really needs is a very large pop cap at like 50 or something so it cant just be called out when the player has an already large amount of forces.

im going to suggest this.
14 Nov 2013, 23:33 PM

the resource income should slowly come back to life to a max of 50% after the death of the tiger ace

A popcap of 40 would be good too
15 Nov 2013, 06:15 AM

Yeah that sounds ok, though maybe 40 pop cap would be ok.

Its off set by the ability to buy vet for other forces as well.
17 Nov 2013, 23:12 PM

can someone tell me what "light buff" for the tiger ace will be unlocked with the tiger ace bulletin?
18 Nov 2013, 01:53 AM

ApeMen: Increased Sight

A question: Is it easier to get "Heavy Engine Damage" on the Ace compared to a normal Tiger? I seem to get it against my opponents Ace in almost every game whether I'm using AT nades, ramming it or just pounding on it with the ISU152.
18 Nov 2013, 05:26 AM

I also feel my TA gets damaged by ram and at nades everytime.
18 Nov 2013, 07:23 AM

Yeah i habe the same feeling. Thats the reason i call the Tiger ace extremely rarely. This and the fact that you don't get any ress
18 Nov 2013, 12:59 PM

The only way I have yet been able to give the TA engine damage was by mines. All else failed.

So....random results I guess.
18 Nov 2013, 14:59 PM

I had to fight Tiger Ace twice so far. Both games were 3vs3 on City 17 winter.
In first scenario TA was called in when soviet victory was obvious. Tiger managed to push my team mates off the map, scoring 50 kills in no time and stoping the vp clock. It also one shoted my vet3 SU76 which almost made my cry (it's hard to vet up these guys)
I had to throw on it everything I had. 2 SU-85 ( both were vet 1 and 2), AT gun and ML-20. AT gun went down first, then my opponent made a fatal mistake - he started firing at my infantry. My SU-85 got a nice chance to come from the side and they started pounding TA really really hard. Tiger killed vet 2 su85 and pulled back with very low health. His pioneers rushed to fix him, and that's when I called in a precision strike of my howitzer which finished Tiger with one powerful blow. I've checked the replay just to see if that was a gangbang but nope it was all me only.

In second scenario German player was a lot smarter. He never let Tiger go below 50%. He kept pulling it back and three (!!!!!) pioneer squads were fixing it within seconds. Also, he bought vet 3 for all pioneers which means that they could fix it even faster!
Such tactic caused really nasty drain of our manpower and we lost. I've noticed that using Terror Tactic commander helps a lot because here you get a powerful howitzer, a bombing run and propaganda artillery. Now, those leaflets only cost you 100 ammunition, yes they don't kill the infantry but they make them retreat. I scared those asshole pioneers away and dropped bombs on the Tiger bringing his health to like somewhat 20%. I wish I still had those nice SU-85 to finish him but it was to late - I've lost all my army and we were losing the game.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS