Login

russian armor

I really like the stuart but

11 Feb 2020, 19:50 PM

its engine damage shot needs to go more quickly.
11 Feb 2020, 20:06 PM

The problem with the Engine Shot is the implementation. The effect of the ability is insanely good and could easily carry the Stuart into the late game were it not for the implementation being utter trash.

The solution? Change it into a skill-shot, like the Pershing's HVAP or the Firefly's Tulips.

Give it a standard aim time, 150 penetration at Range 0 to 10, then have that rapidly drop to 0 penetration at Range 20.

150 penetration means it'll penetrate the rear armour of anything (it's meant to be an engine shot!), but it can bounce if you fire it at the front of mediums up.

You've now turned a super-janky ability into one with a lot of tactical depth.
12 Feb 2020, 03:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 20:06 PMLago
Snip

Like that idea a lot

I also think the Stuart should get a smoke ability. The Scott doesn't deserve one but the Stuart could certainly use it

Make it require a upgrade if that would be too much of a buff
12 Feb 2020, 11:03 AM

Like that idea a lot

I also think the Stuart should get a smoke ability. The Scott doesn't deserve one but the Stuart could certainly use it

Make it require a upgrade if that would be too much of a buff

You could lock the smoke ability behind Major tier.

That gives the Stuart late-game survivability without messing up the light vehicle phase's balance.
12 Feb 2020, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 11:03 AMLago

That gives the Stuart late-game survivability without messing up the light vehicle phase's balance.

That's a great compromise. I like it a lot
12 Feb 2020, 18:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 11:03 AMLago

Perfect
13 Feb 2020, 04:23 AM

I think all Light tanks should have smoke, of course locked behind the lastest tech. Puma AEC should be the same.
13 Feb 2020, 04:29 AM

The problem with the Engine Shot is the implementation. The effect of the ability is insanely good and could easily carry the Stuart into the late game were it not for the implementation being utter trash.

The solution? Change it into a skill-shot, like the Pershing's HVAP or the Firefly's Tulips.

Give it a standard aim time, 150 penetration at Range 0 to 10, then have that rapidly drop to 0 penetration at Range 20.

150 penetration means it'll penetrate the rear armour of anything (it's meant to be an engine shot!), but it can bounce if you fire it at the front of mediums up.

I really really like that.
13 Feb 2020, 04:30 AM

I like the idea of stuart late game presence, specially if it receives the skill shot
13 Feb 2020, 06:16 AM

I'm torn on the Stuart. It's very good against any light vehicle except the Puma and it's very helpful against MGs. But it's a huge fuel investment and will set you way back on your teching plus it's not very hard to counter. If you don't have good map control it's not a viable option since you'll likely be fighting a Panzer 4 with it.
13 Feb 2020, 10:52 AM

The stuart really reminds me of the E8. Both are trapped between two classes. The Stuart trapped between a AI Lv and a AT lv making it to powerful against 222 and luchs while useless against Pumas and lacking any utility. Its AI is slightly better than a AEC/puma but is nowhere as good as aT-70 or PZ2(it dosent have to be) .The E8 is trapped between normal(Sherman,T34)/slightly more powerful (PZ4, T34/85) mediums than have good AI/AT and premium med(comet/panther) . It lacks the durability and AT of a premium med yet lacks the AI of a normal medium. Both are trapped in between and most players prefer picking more specalised tanks. Than a “generalist” that seems to be lacking any speciality.
13 Feb 2020, 14:50 PM

YES YES YES. Stuart is almost NON-EXISTENCE in 4 v 4 game mode because of how clunky this ability is. I would def build if its re-worked.
13 Feb 2020, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lago suggestions sounds fine and interesting enough to try.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★