Login

russian armor

Sovjet NON-doctrinal healing options

2 Feb 2020, 11:11 AM

First of all, i know there are certain doctrines for sovjets that give them other healing options. However i feel that some features, like good/multiple healing options, should be available to all factions.

Now all other factions have multiple ways of healing or just 1 very solid way of healing.(See below)

USF:
  • Ambulance, only one heal option but by far the best one in the game. Simply because u have aura heals anywhere you put your ambo on the battlefield.

UKF:
  • Infantry section healing aura. Basically same heals as the ambo provides
  • The FHQ with medic upgrade. Can be planted anywhere on the battle field to provide heals and re-enforcements

OKW:
  • MED HQ can be planted anywhere on the battlefield and provide heals (no aura) and re-enforcements
  • Sturmpio medpacks cheap aura heals (45 ammo for 3 aura heals) anywhere on the battlefield
  • Most OKW mainline infantry gain self heal at vet

OST:
  • medbunker, a bit time consuming to set up, but can be placed anywhere on the battlefield to provide non aura heals
  • vet 1 med kit on pio/gren can heal any unit for 15 ammo to almost always full hp
  • 251 halftrack non upgraded this halftrack can give heals to all units inside the truck while also providing re-enforcements to units around it. This option arrived in on of the recent patches.

SOV:
  • healing ladies in base, non aura heals.

So what can be concluded from above? As sovjet you have to parasite on the heals of your non sovjet allies if you don't want to retreat back to base to heal up your comrades. This does not promote soft retreating as sovjet to your half track for example, cuz what are you gonna do with a 5 man squad below 50% hp that you can re-enforce to 6.:gimpy:

If u cant make it to heals of your non-sov allies on time it means u have to run. Which cost you a lot of map presence specially in 4v4 or 3v3 where the advantage of heaving a forward retreat point becomes more and more eminent. If u have either a forward retreat point or heals anywhere on the battle field but no retreat point you will always be able to maintain better map presence.

Now for some reason all other factions have at least 2 healing options, or 1 very very solid one. Now im ok with some factions not having forward retreatpoints ias long as u can soft retreat after winning a fight to a halftrack or commandpost and re-enforce AND HEAL your troops. Now osther can can do its and especially since last patch with the 251 changes.

Which leaves sovjets behind as the only faction with the worst healing options by freaking miles.
Now the balance team could start thinking or discussing some way of aura heals or other options. But plz give the non upgraded m5 the same healing option ability as his vanilla faction brother 251. The 251 got this ability to make non upgraded halftracks better, because lets be fair who used a non upgraded m5, i bet it was used just as less as the non upgraded 251. This healing for units in the truck could be expanded to all halftracks types imo.

Plz discuss healing options and suggestions, and don't tell me to use a doctrine or parasite on my teamm8 heals, which can be very hard to do with randomes. Besides its just as bad design as giving factions no mg's or non doc arty or snipers. Except this issue can be very easily solved for sovjets with the m5, and hack maybe even m3 med packs.

All factions should have re-enforcements AND reliable or decent heals ANYWHERE on the battlefield. atm only 4/5 factions have this :foreveralone:

2 Feb 2020, 11:14 AM

I've been saying this for months: The Soviet M5 should heal squads inside it just like the 251 HT for Ostheer.
2 Feb 2020, 11:15 AM

I've been saying this for months: The Soviet M5 should heal squads inside it just like the 251 HT for Ostheer.

Yeah there is just no reason at all why it doesn't. I don't understand why the Ost HT got so much love and the M5 was just ignored for some reason, even though the Ost HT is actually used more. M5 is just a cheap AA solution and nothing else.
2 Feb 2020, 11:15 AM

+100000
2 Feb 2020, 11:16 AM

+1

No one uses it as a clown car anyway. :guyokay:
2 Feb 2020, 11:18 AM

+1

No one uses it as a clown car anyway. :guyokay:

Scout car is M3. M5 is the one you buildable in T3. You can upgrade it with AA gun -> popular known as quad.
2 Feb 2020, 11:23 AM

Healing is supposed to be the Soviets' achilles' heel, in return for their above average field presence because of the natural durability of all their 6 men squads.
2 Feb 2020, 11:32 AM

Healing is supposed to be the Soviets' achilles' heel, in return for their above average field presence because of the natural durability of all their 6 men squads.

one would say that having a fhqs with amazing (aura) healing weapon, 5 man infantry with (dubble) wapon upgrades would be stronger then having 6 man squad with NO (AURA) heals NO weaponupgrades NO fhq.

btw im sorry but if u let a sovjet have 'above average map presence' while he has to go to base for shitty heals you serious need to improve your play. 3 ladies healing 6 man models on so many squads is so time consuming.

specially when your models drop like flies because as said they are 6 man
2 Feb 2020, 11:33 AM

because soviet infantries are 6 man squad

there is no need additional healing option

I don't want to see this post that does not understand the characteristics of the factions and only makes a simple one-to-one comparison.
2 Feb 2020, 11:33 AM

one would say that having a fhqs with amazing (aura) healing weapon, 5 man infantry with (dubble) wapon upgrades would be stronger then having 6 man squad with NO (AURA) heals NO weaponupgrades NO fhq.

btw im sorry but if u let a sovjet have 'above average map presence' while he has to go to base for shitty heals you serious need to improve your play. 3 ladies healing 6 man models on so many squads is so time consuming.

specially when your models drop like flies because as said they are 6 man

This gets even worse when you play team games and your ally decides to take your heals instead of getting their own.
2 Feb 2020, 11:35 AM
Donator 11

Why does everyone always forget the Commissar aura healing? That guy can be seriously useful.
2 Feb 2020, 11:36 AM

Why does everyone always forget the Commissar aura healing? That guy can be seriously useful.

:ot: this is about non-doctrinal healing

i agree its usefull though. But thats not what this thread is about #title Kappa
2 Feb 2020, 11:39 AM

delete 7man cons upgrade first

and add another healing option
2 Feb 2020, 11:40 AM

i would be fine with that though, or big nerfs on 7man squad. its not just 7 man atm its also faster reload in cover and faster vet gain if im not mistaken.

btw good news for you then that they gonna remove atleast the reload bonus, its in the preview patch notes atm
2 Feb 2020, 11:45 AM

Letting the M5 heal squads inside wouldn't have much balance impact because it's not aura healing. It's grossly underused as an infantry carrier and could do with some changes to make it more attractive. I don't really see the problem tbh.
2 Feb 2020, 11:50 AM

Letting the M5 heal squads inside wouldn't have much balance impact because it's not aura healing. It's grossly underused as an infantry carrier and could do with some changes to make it more attractive. I don't really see the problem tbh.

yea and besides its probably still not gonna change the sovjet parasiting on teamm8 heals and still having the feared 'map presence'. But atleast it will make the m5 more usefull and dubble sovjet games, specially the big modes where long retreat paths are a killer, a bit more flexible.

so i think the m5 heals would be alteast a good compromise for the time being
2 Feb 2020, 12:13 PM

I thought the achilles heel was supposed to be the lack of a good stock MG and lack of assault rifles for their infantry.
2 Feb 2020, 12:14 PM

Why?? ost has no easy/fast vehicle repair(repair station, crew repair, con repair) options like the sovs do. Also the airborne troops commander provides a forward reinforcement point with aura based healing supply drops. Where the hell is having advantage in one sector being offset by disadvantage in another spear going.
2 Feb 2020, 12:18 PM

Yeah there is just no reason at all why it doesn't. I don't understand why the Ost HT got so much love and the M5 was just ignored for some reason, even though the Ost HT is actually used more. M5 is just a cheap AA solution and nothing else.

Because combined arms I guess. Non of the other factions need to use CA as much(more like hamstrung to rely on). all of the other factions can deploy strong infantry compared to ost too. Do you have an idea how insane always on fileds shocks or guard are going to be backed up by merging cons, 6 man maxim and zis. You'll never win.
2 Feb 2020, 12:27 PM

Stock SVT drop when?

Exactly, plus it opens the door for some aggressive push strategies using the M5 as a forward ambulance which can spice up the gameplay.

If I had to balance it, I’d make the healing for the M5 a vet 1 unlock, kinda like a reverse 250HT, then I’d give it some shared xp.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★