Login

russian armor

IS cover bonus and Pyro

9 Feb 2020, 10:32 AM

Im ok if they can cap so long they cost pop cap. A little aysmetric variety is always coh

Just reduce their heal speed by half.

Im still hesitant about the pyro sight especially in team games.

Allies have already more recon choices than wehr.
MMX
9 Feb 2020, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 08:24 AMVipper

And they can also cap.

The idea of a healing squad is probable problematic just use base medic and adjust they speed as seen fit.

don't really see how capping is an issue, though, as you could do the same with USF medics and they don't have any combat value to speak of. with the added micro tax involved, i think it's fair medics have some utility outside healing.
9 Feb 2020, 11:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 10:37 AMMMX

don't really see how capping is an issue, though, as you could do the same with USF medics and they don't have any combat value to speak of. with the added micro tax involved, i think it's fair medics have some utility outside healing.

USF have little trouble capping the map and an early ambulance does not cost 180 MP.
9 Feb 2020, 18:55 PM

I find the stacked healing of medics pretty OP.

If you want a squad to be back online ASAP it just makes your day. It can be anything, from IS to stolen raketens or even other players soldiers...
9 Feb 2020, 19:00 PM

I find the stacked healing of medics pretty OP.

If you want a squad to be back online ASAP it just makes your day. It can be anything, from IS to stolen raketens or even other players soldiers...

It requires manpower, micro investment (both for timed aura and manual healing) and 3 pop of dead weight for a faction that already has good healing options (medkit Sections / Forward Assembly).
9 Feb 2020, 19:05 PM

It requires manpower, micro investment (both for timed aura and manual healing) and 3 pop of dead weight for a faction that already has good healing options (medkit Sections / Forward Assembly).

But it enhances the supportive aspect of UKF for free and adds a whole new level of healing. Of course it should require at least some micro and 3 popcap that is deniably low.

My point is this new concept is a risky change, just give some time to players to develop some pretty f*cked up abuses.

Medics do not require to be in base to heal either. Again its a lot of risk involved, but also a lot of reward if we consider some allied sinergies
9 Feb 2020, 19:34 PM

Jesus crispin christ, people really want to find anything to complain about, don't they?

The USF have been able to use medics as a 'capping squad' since they launched. They even get a transport to drive around in. Nobody does it because it is a moronic idea, stop waving around your 'But what if-' hypothecating and actually think for one second about what you are proposing.

As for the old comparisons to USF rifle smoke - No. Absolutely no.

1) USF could smoke grenade with every single squad. UFK have a golbal cooldown, as well as longer time for the smoke to land.

2) Getting close was better for the USF as rifles have good close quarters power, and BARs that are improvements for CQC. Tommies are a long range squad, their weapon upgrade is a long range LMG that has to be stationary, and they have to be in cover to even fight cost effectively.
12 Feb 2020, 13:53 PM

Jesus crispin christ, people really want to find anything to complain about, don't they?

The USF have been able to use medics as a 'capping squad' since they launched. They even get a transport to drive around in. Nobody does it because it is a moronic idea, stop waving around your 'But what if-' hypothecating and actually think for one second about what you are proposing.

As for the old comparisons to USF rifle smoke - No. Absolutely no.

1) USF could smoke grenade with every single squad. UFK have a golbal cooldown, as well as longer time for the smoke to land.

2) Getting close was better for the USF as rifles have good close quarters power, and BARs that are improvements for CQC. Tommies are a long range squad, their weapon upgrade is a long range LMG that has to be stationary, and they have to be in cover to even fight cost effectively.

It's been this way for years, any talk of a Tommy buff and suddenly certain posters retch in horrow about "Brit blobs". Yet many of these same posters are quiet about buffs to ostheer or American infantry, the two darling vcoh factions.

UKF and to a lesser extent Sov and OKW catch a lot more flak for this reason. People scared about the "mobile nature" of medics to me is laughable, for one the faction lacks a half-track or ambo to actually reinforce models.
12 Feb 2020, 14:14 PM

i said it..and i say it again:

a mainline Squad from t0 should not have this huge view range. they can look better than recon squad? Not really fair.

Its like choose easy mode in a game...since you can`t run accidentally into a mg and see the enemy before he can see you..nondoc with mainline.
12 Feb 2020, 14:31 PM

It's a worst of both worlds solution. The medic squad is awkward for doing what it's actually meant to and it opens up several cans of bizarre cheese.

I honestly can't see any benefit to this approach over just spawning some base automatrons like Soviet. If you want it to be weak healing, just spawn fewer of them.
12 Feb 2020, 15:09 PM

12 Feb 2020, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 14:31 PMLago

I honestly can't see any benefit to this approach over just spawning some base automatrons like Soviet. If you want it to be weak healing, just spawn fewer of them.

+1 I mean, if we're being honest then Forward Assembly in Base is essentially Soviet medics now so you might as well make it a standard upgrade and do away with the clunky FA messing up pathing in your base or glitchy medics in current preview. If you want to mess around with the medic cost to streamline it into Brits build orders then that's fine. Heck I think tacking on a fuel cost to make up for the added convenience of base healing on top of med kits isn't totally out of the question. I wouldn't be opposed to returning buildable medics to either Vanguard or adding them to Commando glider (makes sense to add on field healing to aid enemy territory reinforcing)

Plus if we're being honest the utility of having Tommies with Med Kids to heal without retreating is still IMMENSELY useful. Just because Pyro sections are getting smoke doesn't mean we're going to see some invasion of multiple sections with Pryo "abusing" the extra sight. At most I see the status quo staying the same where people sometimes go for 1 Pyro section and that's about it.
13 Feb 2020, 04:29 AM

Guys let's not freak out for UKF recent buffs. Sadly it seems that the old pay2win logic is back and UKF being a solo DLC has to give low skilled players some room to play.

Maybe if the forums were a place to share solutions instead of rants, the game would have done better.

Apart from that, +1 to Lagos point, automatron medics will perform as the dev's intended
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★