Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF

PAGES (16)down
10 Feb 2020, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 12:38 PMVipper
Problem is both with design and the performance:
Offices like artillery officer, sturm officer, JLI command, commissar arrive later and are designed more for utility and less DPS.

There is little reason for the current implementation of assault officer.

Two of the ones you posted (Sturm Officer and Jaeger Command squad) are actually excellent and very cost effective combat squads. Heck even the Commissar is pretty strong. The Assault Officer will fit right in. Strength is its main purpose, the UKF doesn't need any more utility.
10 Feb 2020, 14:10 PM

Two of the ones you posted (Sturm Officer and Jaeger Command squad) are actually excellent and very cost effective combat squads. Heck even the Commissar is pretty strong.

Both Sturm officer, J command and commais come at CP 2 not CP 0.5. The strum officer start with rifles and pistol so does the commissar...One builds the S.O or Commissar for their utility not their DPS.

The Assault Officer will fit right in. Strength is its main purpose, the UKF doesn't need any more utility.

Actually the only thing UKF needs is utility they have lost of damage. What they lack basic tools like early anti-garisson.
10 Feb 2020, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 14:10 PMVipper
Actually the only thing UKF needs is utility they have lost of damage. What they lack basic tools like early anti-garisson.

They do not have a CQC squad which cripples them on tight maps right now

This is the entire reason the officer has been made a tech unit. Have you tried reading the patch notes? They're illuminating.
10 Feb 2020, 14:18 PM

They do not have a CQC squad which cripples them on tight maps right now

This is the entire reason the officer has been made a tech unit. Have you tried reading the patch notes? They're illuminating.

Soviet/USF do not have a stock CQC and they are fine...For tight map they can use commandos, assault IS or flamer Ro.E.

And again if they need more QCQ buff the Ro.E instead of introducing a "hero" unit.
10 Feb 2020, 14:19 PM

Both Sturm officer, J command and commais come at CP 2 not CP 0.5. The strum officer start with rifles and pistol so does the commissar...One does not S.O. or Comm. for their DPS but for their utility

The Sturm Officer starts with Obers rifles, which are good from cover even with only three of them. A vet 5 Sturm Officer is only slightly worse than regular Obers for a much cheaper price. Players definitely get this squad for DPS too and not just utility.

I'm also not sure where you got this 0.5CP from. The time for the Platoon Command Post to come online and getting enough manpower to buy the Assault Officer for regular builds will be around 1.5 at least. Sure you could rush it I guess, but you might as well straight up surrender doing that.

Soviet/USF do not have a stock CQC and they are fine...

What? Riflemen are close range orientated infantry, at least at the start of the game. So are Penals and Cons. That gives them enough to fight with on close range orientated maps. UKF only has Sections that lose up close to basically everything. UKF has a hard time on urban maps and on close range orientated maps like the flanks on Fields of Winnekendonk. The Assault Officer and the changes to Assault Sections are meant to ease this issue.
10 Feb 2020, 14:22 PM

The Sturm Officer starts with Obers rifles, which are good from cover even with only three of them. A vet 5 Sturm Officer is only slightly worse than regular Obers for a much cheaper price. Players definitely get this squad for DPS too and not just utility.

Yes the officer being vet 5 is far later. If it was not for the utility people would build an ober instead.

I'm also not sure where you got this 0.5CP from. The time for the Platoon Command Post to come online and getting enough manpower to buy the Assault Officer for regular builds will be around 1.5 at least. Sure you could rush it I guess, but you might as well straight up surrender doing that.

Try PC after 3 unit in a 2vs2.
10 Feb 2020, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 14:22 PMVipper
Try PC after 3 unit in a 2vs2.

And leave yourself completely vulnerable to Axis lights? I doubt that will be viable.
Especially in 2v2 the UKF need either the AEC or Sappers as fast as possible so they don't get completely pushed off the map by 222s or other lights.

I doubt three units, no bolster into the Officer will be any good anyway. The vet 0 Officer isn't that powerful.
10 Feb 2020, 14:29 PM

Two of the ones you posted (Sturm Officer and Jaeger Command squad) are actually excellent and very cost effective combat squads. Heck even the Commissar is pretty strong. The Assault Officer will fit right in. Strength is its main purpose, the UKF doesn't need any more utility.

How does it stack up against other elite infantry? Assault Sections in particular, as the Assault Officer fills a very similar role.

Also, has there been any further discussion on the intended direction of the Vanguard Glider? Buffing Vanguard seems like a bad idea.
10 Feb 2020, 14:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 14:29 PMLago

How does it stack up against other elite infantry? Assault Sections in particular, as the Assault Officer fills a very similar role.

Also, has there been any further discussion on the intended direction of the Vanguard Glider? Buffing Vanguard seems like a bad idea.

some test are available form tightrope check post 168 for a link.
10 Feb 2020, 14:36 PM

And leave yourself completely vulnerable to Axis lights? I doubt that will be viable.
Especially in 2v2 the UKF need either the AEC or Sappers as fast as possible so they don't get completely pushed off the map by 222s or other lights.

I doubt three units, no bolster into the Officer will be any good anyway. The vet 0 Officer isn't that powerful.

Actually most of the problem UKF have are in 1vs1 and not 2vs2 since their teammate can cover their weakness...
10 Feb 2020, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 14:29 PMLago

I'm not too worried. Some UKF commanders aren't used much anyway and the good ones (Royal Arty, Royal Engineers, Lend Lease and Mobile Assault) each have unique enough advantages. And the Crocodile will probably move to 10-11CP.
10 Feb 2020, 14:50 PM

I'm not too worried. Some UKF commanders aren't used much anyway and the good ones (Royal Arty, Royal Engineers, Lend Lease and Mobile Assault) each have unique enough advantages. And the Crocodile will probably move to 10-11CP.

Finally an answer about Croc being CP 9. Can we also changes the name and remove the flare? see post 154

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2020, 11:21 AMVipper
10 Feb 2020, 15:06 PM

Commando will be killed stone dead if you give its glider to Vanguard.
10 Feb 2020, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Feb 2020, 15:06 PMLago

Commando will be killed stone dead if you give its glider to Vanguard.

You mean “when”. They’re dead set on making Vanguard broken batshit OP and no amount of feedback will change that.
10 Feb 2020, 15:24 PM

Both Sturm officer, J command and commais come at CP 2 not CP 0.5. The strum officer start with rifles and pistol so does the commissar...One builds the S.O or Commissar for their utility not their DPS.

Rushing the officer is pointless vipper. Vet0 it struggles vs sturms depending on approach. And gets handily beaten by pgrens. It's a unit you invest in for flanks and to provide some CQB power mid and late game when it vets up.

I don't understand the claims if "hero unit" at all. If you're going to put forward an argument why the officer is OP for timing maybe you should look at the timing of pgrens or penals as well. Because pgrens especially are stronger out the gate.

Your argument to buff royal engineers instead has already been attempted, it turns out having cheap spamable engineers that could double as strong CQB units out trading StG axis infantry was OP and impossible to balance and they were hit by RA, dps and vet nerfs.

Surely it makes much more sense to have the officer at a premium price point to provide unit variety to a stale UKF roster and as a easy to balance CQB unit that's only role is that outside of recon and on me (which could use some minor changes, maybe recon with tech).

10 Feb 2020, 15:36 PM

Can we maybe add the Assault Sections to doctrines that have some sort of late-game capability in 2v2?

Right now Lend Lease is a decent doctrine for 1v1 but garbage for 2v2. No heavy tank, no off-map, no loiter, nothing. All you get is crew repairs which is nice but really not even close to being enough to deal with Axis heavy tanks. That means using Assault Sections is never going to be viable in 2v2. I wonder why the balance team even bothered reworking them when they are limited to one mediocre doctrine.
10 Feb 2020, 15:46 PM

Can we maybe add the Assault Sections to doctrines that have some sort of late-game capability in 2v2?

Right now Lend Lease is a decent doctrine for 1v1 but garbage for 2v2. No heavy tank, no off-map, no loiter, nothing. All you get is crew repairs which is nice but really not even close to being enough to deal with Axis heavy tanks. That means using Assault Sections is never going to be viable in 2v2. I wonder why the balance team even bothered reworking them when they are limited to one mediocre doctrine.

Not all doctrines need to be good for every game mode. But I would like to see command vehicle or a airsupport command post in the doctrine, it would even it out.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak