Login

russian armor

fallschirmjager units are too broken imo

20 Jan 2020, 10:59 AM

They just touch you at any range and melt you if you have no green cover. If they are vet2+ they are not killable. One vet5 fallschim can beat like 6 conscripts if behind cover. They are too poverfull and capable of winning just by blobbing. You put an MG, they just BRRRP it. You blob? Nope. UKF and USF have no chance, SOV maybe.
20 Jan 2020, 11:20 AM

I think all airborne special forces in general need a tone down.

Falls should not have elite camouflage, since it leads to comedic “ambushes” where you see them at the edge of your vision, they camo and then instantly open fire and get a bonus. Getting a regular camo would necessitate more carefully planned ambushes.

Commandos shouldn’t get heavy weapons proficiency or elite camouflage.

Soviet Paratroopers need an overhaul/change.

USF paras need a tone down. LMG paras having fire superiority is too much, I’d rather see it replaced at vet 3 with a reinforcement beacon or at vet 3 with M6 mines.
20 Jan 2020, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2020, 10:59 AMMusmula
They just touch you at any range and melt you if you have no green cover. If they are vet2+ they are not killable. One vet5 fallschim can beat like 6 conscripts if behind cover. They are too poverfull and capable of winning just by blobbing. You put an MG, they just BRRRP it. You blob? Nope. UKF and USF have no chance, SOV maybe.

Well USF have scots they are pretty useful, as for 5-men ukf assault section might just help in 1v1.
20 Jan 2020, 11:27 AM

Falls should not have elite camouflage, since it leads to comedic “ambushes” where you see them at the edge of your vision, they camo and then instantly open fire and get a bonus. Getting a regular camo would necessitate more carefully planned ambushes.

USF paras need a tone down. LMG paras having fire superiority is too much, I’d rather see it replaced at vet 3 with a reinforcement beacon or at vet 3 with M6 mines, and Thompson paratroopers should only get 4 or 5 Thompsons.

Para's do only get 4 thompsons just like rangers though.
20 Jan 2020, 11:29 AM

Para's do only get 4 thompsons just like rangers though.

This is what happens when I never use them lol

In that case I guess they’re fine.
20 Jan 2020, 11:31 AM

This is what happens when I never use them lol

In that case I guess they’re fine.

I guess 3 thompson for 50 munis might be ok. Cause they still have tact assault.
20 Jan 2020, 11:56 AM

USF paras need a tone down. LMG paras having fire superiority is too much, I’d rather see it replaced at vet 3 with a reinforcement beacon or at vet 3 with M6 mines.

Well idk US paras are close range mostly, even when they have LMGs it is still 2 instead of 4 like fals
SOV are crap imo
commandos are still mainly close range untill they vet to 3 with brens.

All elites are OP but fals can land where ever they want, cost less than commandos, and work on all ranges. They are sqyishy if you blob against them but they should not perform so well at all ranges. We all had that momment when they wipe a squad in one burst from almost full HP because they were in red cover for 1s. A UKF player should not have a blob of 5 inf 5 man 2 bren squads to beat OKW that has like 3 fals. Especially in 2v2 3v3 4v4 games where they get really annoying especially early before you vet units.
20 Jan 2020, 12:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2020, 11:56 AMMusmula
snip

It’s a l2p issue. Facing special forces with mainlines, just like MGs with mainlines, is a skill you'll develop as you get more experienced and skilled.

As for Falls elite camo is really the only super annoying thing about them that could potentially change, but it doesn’t seem like they’ll be touched. In my view that’s fine, since they’re not exactly in a good doctrine and Tiger is a must for OKW atm.

In general I stand by my assessment of all airborne special forces, they could all use a slight tone down.
20 Jan 2020, 12:08 PM

It’s a l2p issue. Facing special forces with mainlines, just like MGs with mainlines, is a skill you'll develop as you get more experienced and skilled.

As for Falls elite camo is really the only super annoying thing about them that could potentially change, but it doesn’t seem like they’ll be touched. In my view that’s fine, since they’re not exactly in a good doctrine and Tiger is a must for OKW atm.

In general I stand by my assessment of all airborne special forces, they could all use a slight tone down.

Idk having a unit that can outperform every other inf in the game is bad from my point of view. I may be new but i can still see that 4 fals beat 4 commandos or paras in any game. They are a lot more versitile. Have strong grenades, smoke and faust. 4LMGs and camo. Other units have no such things. Plus valiant assault in that doctrine and the air support. Really a bad time for Allies if they get pushed back 2 times it is a lost game in most of my cases because now they have tanks too.
20 Jan 2020, 12:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I'll assume by "elite camo" you mean the moving camo that commandos, snipers, and stormtroopers use... Which falls don't have.

I don't know if I should be frustrated or glad that half of the points brought up in the balance section are just straight up factual misinformation...
20 Jan 2020, 12:39 PM

I'll assume by "elite camo" you mean the moving camo that commandos, snipers, and stormtroopers use... Which falls don't have.

I don't know if I should be frustrated or glad that half of the points brought up in the balance section are just straight up factual misinformation...

????

I’m not home, can you test it? I’m very much sure they have it.
20 Jan 2020, 12:46 PM

https://youtu.be/lj2_ggKW5AU

26 mins, Falls are in cover camouflaged and stay camouflaged while moving and vaulting over the sandbags. Compare it to Ostheer camouflage for infantry and MGs that need to stay still and you can see how great Falls’ camouflage is. There’s a chance Elite camouflage has another requirement, so I’m making sure everyone understands what i mean.

Also like I said, I personally think Falls are fine. They are stronger than they have a right to be potentially, but their doctrine is bad so it evens out.
20 Jan 2020, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2020, 12:08 PMMusmula

Idk having a unit that can outperform every other inf in the game is bad from my point of view. I may be new but i can still see that 4 fals beat 4 commandos or paras in any game. They are a lot more versitile. Have strong grenades, smoke and faust. 4LMGs and camo. Other units have no such things. Plus valiant assault in that doctrine and the air support. Really a bad time for Allies if they get pushed back 2 times it is a lost game in most of my cases because now they have tanks too.
replay ?
20 Jan 2020, 13:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I did test it.

You used "elite camouflage" for both the camo that falls and commandos have. They do not have the same camo.

Commandos/snipers/storm can move around in cover and from cover to cover.

Falls can only move around in cover.

The other camo does not allow units to move around at all.
20 Jan 2020, 13:44 PM

https://youtu.be/lj2_ggKW5AU

26 mins, Falls are in cover camouflaged and stay camouflaged while moving and vaulting over the sandbags. Compare it to Ostheer camouflage for infantry and MGs that need to stay still and you can see how great Falls’ camouflage is. There’s a chance Elite camouflage has another requirement, so I’m making sure everyone understands what i mean.

Also like I said, I personally think Falls are fine. They are stronger than they have a right to be potentially, but their doctrine is bad so it evens out.

Vet 2 allows falls to move in camo while still in cover.

Paratroopers are fine in my opinion, large squad but a fair target size and their upgrades are not cheap (90 for tompsons and 120 for M1911s).

Commandos are very expensive and only excel at close range, for example their stems have the accuracy of RE at mid range to give you an idea. Equipping them with brens basically means all damage would be done by those weapons alone and goes against what they are designed to do. Also have low vet bonuses which further means they need to hug infantry.

I find falls fine, valiant assault not fine. I Just hate seeing a surge of falls with valiant assault melting infantry, its disgusting.
20 Jan 2020, 13:54 PM

It could help if ambush bonus could be set on time that you need to stsy camoed for prolonged period of time, so you just cant walk over craters and have bonus around the clock.
20 Jan 2020, 13:54 PM

Vet 2 allows falls to move in camo while still in cover.

Paratroopers are fine in my opinion, large squad but a fair target size and their upgrades are not cheap (90 for tompsons and 120 for M1911s).

Commandos are very expensive and only excel at close range, for example their stems have the accuracy of RE at mid range to give you an idea. Equipping them with brens basically means all damage would be done by those weapons alone and goes against what they are designed to do. Also have low vet bonuses which further means they need to hug infantry.

I find falls fine, valiant assault not fine. I Just hate seeing a surge of falls with valiant assault melting infantry, its disgusting.

Yeah VA is the real culprit here.
20 Jan 2020, 13:57 PM

It could help if ambush bonus could be set on time that you need to stsy camoed for prolonged period of time, so you just cant walk over craters and have bonus around the clock.

I was thinking the same thing. This would be a great change for all squads getting a firing out of camo bonus.
20 Jan 2020, 14:16 PM

https://youtu.be/sJxlOmhTkm0?t=1011

They are like shock troops but on all ranges
20 Jan 2020, 14:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2020, 14:16 PMMusmula
https://youtu.be/sJxlOmhTkm0?t=1011

They are like shock troops but on all ranges

Your argument for nerfing Falls is a 3 second clip where a Falls squad and a Volks squad with Valiant assault quickly killed a Combat Engineer squad in red cover.

Please stop posting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS