Login

russian armor

Can you count on Osttruppen?

16 Dec 2019, 21:26 PM

You like the LMG upgrade? This upgrade is the reason, why they lost their 2nd weapon-slot. I would prever the two slots instead, maybe an other upgrade? The refresh nerf was needed, because... they wanted it.

Changes for Osttruppen:

1. Price from 200 to 210 = reasons are some buffs and changes
2. Refresh cost from 16 to 14M mp.
3. Targetsice from 1,25 to 1.087 (Cons), multiplier *1,15 on the move = better in defensive, still get their unit-special handycap.
4. Make sandbags and wire non-doc for Osttruppen, so they can build it earliers and all kind of Osttruppen can benefit of it.
5. Their DPS seems fine, they don't need the LMG upgrade. Give them 2 weapon-slots instead.

Changes for Commanders:

Osttruppen-Commander:

~ Buff the trenches, add some stuff like heavy wire etc. e.g. as OKW.
~ I simply don't like the new weapon call in, I would like to see a german T34 instead. There are enough blueprint funktions to make it unique.

Defensive-Commander:

~ HMG-bunkers need more health, or a modifier to get less damage from PaKs and tanks.
~ StuG E... that will be a longer story xD Give commander hull-down instead.

-> StuG E is still a bad vehicle, with the potential to be a useful stock-weapon.

I would like to see StuG E become a T2 units, needing T3 tech and make it an light arty-vehicle like M8A1 Howitzer.

Not sure if ostheer need another form of arti with everything they already have in that category.
16 Dec 2019, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Dec 2019, 21:26 PMKobal

Not sure if ostheer need another form of arti with everything they already have in that category.

I would like to see Brummbär as commando-vehicle.

Long ago I was thinking of making Tiger a T4 unit with limit to 1 and Brummbär becomes a commander call-in instead.

That was years ago... befor Tiger got buffed.

16 Dec 2019, 22:29 PM

I would like to see Brummbär as commando-vehicle.

Long ago I was thinking of making Tiger a T4 unit with limit to 1 and Brummbär becomes a commander call-in instead.

That was years ago... befor Tiger got buffed.

Brummbar is a particular kind of unit, it only kills infantry units which have already lost hp and I don't think its power level really require it to be put in a commander exclusive slot. The brummbar did change a lot in the past years though. Also it's behind tier 4 which can be hard to get in some games.
17 Dec 2019, 01:06 AM

I think ostruppen as a unit performs acceptably for cost, and can really help with early game map control or a cheap screen for a sniper or mg.
I wouldnt mind seeing them changed but I dont think they are in a bad place.

As for the three ostruppen commanders, Defensive doctrine is the strongest right now, for some reason StuG e is getting hate but a 50 range artillery at 70fuel with the only requirement being BP2 is quite decent.
Ostruppen doctrine lacks both decent mid and late game abilities and falls off sharply. You could remove the railway arty and replace it with recon, Command panzer 4 or a stuka loiter of some sort.
Mobile defense should just have ostruppen be the standard variant and not a 3cp callin.

The key to ostruppen is never using them as your primary source of damage and always having a squad or two of them nearby to support your damage dealing unit. This shouldnt be an issue as they are cheap and resilient to one shot wipes.

In the early game if you dont go sniper you should do your best to stall until tier 2 comes then use a combination of 222s flame half tracks and pgrens to supplement your ostruppen. StuG e and pak support is a good combination in the mid-early late game, and really synergizes well with ostruppen's defensive nature.
17 Dec 2019, 18:30 PM

Permanently Banned

You like the LMG upgrade? This upgrade is the reason, why they lost their 2nd weapon-slot. I would prever the two slots instead, maybe an other upgrade? The refresh nerf was needed, because... they wanted it.

No, I hate the LMG upgrade. They still suck with them. I'd rather they get rid of the upgrade altogether and remove the cooldown and reinforce nerfs. If reverting entirely is too radical of a change, I've already proposed to either put the LMG upgrade after T3 tech or removing the reinforce time nerf.
17 Dec 2019, 20:05 PM

No, I hate the LMG upgrade. They still suck with them. I'd rather they get rid of the upgrade altogether and remove the cooldown and reinforce nerfs. If reverting entirely is too radical of a change, I've already proposed to either put the LMG upgrade after T3 tech or removing the reinforce time nerf.

+1
18 Dec 2019, 09:40 AM

Send me please your greatest wished for Osttruppen, I will make a small test-mod for it.

Can also be multible version you would like to test.
18 Dec 2019, 10:35 AM

Recently I played a few games with ostruppen for fun. I agree on a lot of the above and the only changes I think would do ostruppen good are;

1. Chancing the accuracy buff in cover to a RA buff in cover.
2. The LMG42 upgrade could be removed, at that point(BP3+) in the game it doesn't do that much anyway.

Since ostruppen mostly consist out of deserters from the USSR it might even be more themeactical to let them have DP28's?
18 Dec 2019, 15:22 PM

Recently i'd played a few games with ostruppen for fun. I agree on a lot of the above and the only changes I think would do ostruppen good are;

1. Chancing the accuracy buff in cover to a RA buff in cover.
2. The LMG42 upgrade could be removed, at that point(BP3+) in the game it doesn't feel like it does that much anyway.

Since ostruppen mostly consist out of deserters from the USSR it might even be more themeactical to let them have DP28's?

1. Osttruppen members came from everywhere and they used a lot of Beutewaffen.

2. Jep, DP28 would be more logical. Or Bren and call it ZB vz. 28, the czech original.
18 Dec 2019, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned

Send me please your greatest wished for Osttruppen, I will make a small test-mod for it.

Can also be multible version you would like to test.

My greatest wish would just be to revert the changes to Ostruppen, (revert cooldown and reinforce nerfs and get rid of the lmg upgrade option)
19 Dec 2019, 00:26 AM

Change like consript
Default RA to 1.10,vet 1 to 1,vet 3 to 0.9
Damage increase to 10,refresh cost to 18mp,call in cost to 220
Remove accuracy debuff,in cover buff change to increase rate of fire,also allowed build sandbag without commander ability
After BP2 can upgrade Squad Leader(replace LMG42),squad size +1,and reduce 10% RA
Ostruppen Reserves change to 2cp,270MP call in single Ostruppen squad with LMG
Relief Infantry ability replace by Ostruppen or Ostruppen Reserves
19 Dec 2019, 00:29 AM

Change like consript
Default RA to 1.10,vet 1 to 1,vet 3 to 0.9
Damage increase to 10,refresh cost to 18mp,call in cost to 220
Remove accuracy debuff,in cover buff change to increase rate of fire,also allowed build sandbag without commander ability
After BP2 can upgrade Squad Leader(replace LMG42),squad size +1,and reduce 10% RA
Ostruppen Reserves change to 2cp,270MP call in single Ostruppen squad with LMG
Relief Infantry ability replace by Ostruppen or Ostruppen Reserves

Lmao
30 Dec 2019, 08:04 AM

I would rather exchange the LMG42 for better veterancy upgrades on the ostruppen or a G43 upgrade that grants the cover bonus at all times.
1 Jan 2020, 13:48 PM

I would rather exchange the LMG42 for better veterancy upgrades on the ostruppen or a G43 upgrade that grants the cover bonus at all times.

The main-reason for Osttruppen should be to take stuff with them. But they are simply bad crew-meber. If they get same target-sice as Pios they would get really good and it would worth taking PaKs, HMGs and moratrs etc. with them.

The normal enety sould get normal target sice, the Osttruppen-squat itself gets a negative targetsice if not in cover. So the unit would get better as crew, would get better as def. unit and still gets a handy-cap.

- with that change the LMG-upgrade can be removed, instead give them 2 weapon-slots
- maybe price up to 210mp
1 Jan 2020, 13:52 PM

My greatest wish would just be to revert the changes to Ostruppen, (revert cooldown and reinforce nerfs and get rid of the lmg upgrade option)

I actually agree with you. The whole point of Ostruppen is to have something different & fun to call in quickly and surprise your opponent. I never thought they were OP as some people said, when playing against them you just needed to learn how to react quickly and change up your strat, they weren't difficult to beat.

Now they've been homogenised just seem like a slightly worse Grenadier squad, they don't come out fast enough to ever be worth it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★