Login

russian armor

Ostheer's Blitzkrieg Doctrine

14 Dec 2019, 22:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Lets talk about Blitkrieg Doctrine.
I have been thinking about, what to do for this doctrine for my mod. It has a number of good abilities but I never really see it being played. For those who do not know this doctrine this doctrine is this:

2 CP: Panzer Tactician
4 CP Tactical Movement
4 CP: Reconnaissance Overflight
7 CP: Command Tank
12 CP: Stuka Close Air Support

The two more lack luster abilities is Tactical Movement and Command Tank. Additionally the Reconnaissance Overflight plus Stuka Close Air Support is a very powerful combo. Here are couple of ideas for some adjustments that would fit in for live.

0 CP: Airdropped Medical Crates
-same as the one in Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine.
-instead of dropping three crates, it drops one crate that adds a upgrade. The upgrade allows for passive out of combat healing to the squad (aoe?)
0 CP: Panzer 4 F1
-Short Barreled P4
-Short Barreled weapon changed to fire arcing projectiles like the Stug E or Scott, not over buildings. my mod has this unit available to OKW for reference
-uses Armored Reserves voice line (arv)
-built in t0 and requires BP 2
-340 manpower, 80 fuel?

2 CP: Stuka Recon Pass
-make it slower?
-same as the one in Close Air Support Doctrine
3 CP: Cargo Truck
9 CP: Vehicle Breakthrough
-adjustments?
-same as the one in Encirclement

This would allow the player to be very aggressive and potentially have some staying power with the healing. In the mid game, short barrel p4s could help with fire power and being a cheap alternative that can support either t3 or t4. Vehicle Breakthrough would help secure territory in the late game.
15 Dec 2019, 01:11 AM

I think the command p4 should get reworked. Scrap the passive aura entirely, give it some good abilities. One if them could be a temporary aura that's much stronger but has a muni cost and cooldown and such
15 Dec 2019, 03:18 AM

Yeah, Command P4 aura should be like the Artillery Officer version.
15 Dec 2019, 03:52 AM

I think maybe let commander P4F be Commander P4J?Increase fuel to 150,need T3 or P3
15 Dec 2019, 04:50 AM

I agree with the command tank rework.
A special version of blitz that grants nearby infantry sprint? Smoke shells? Stuka mg strafe (medium damage no pin?) basicly emulate the early war combined arms blitzkrieg style warfare centered around the p3 stubby p4

Also I'm strongly against the air dropped passive healing. Ost has a number of on field options already, but it could then also be picked up by okw in team games and I don't think we want that at all...
15 Dec 2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think maybe let commander P4F be Commander P4J?Increase fuel to 150,need T3 or P3

Here is a funny thing. The P4J is actually a P4H. The P4J was a mass production varient with features removed such as powered turrets. It was hand cranked. There was also a bunch of other streamline elements as well. I believe it used many parts from the panzer 3.
15 Dec 2019, 12:52 PM

I think the command p4 should get reworked. Scrap the passive aura entirely, give it some good abilities. One if them could be a temporary aura that's much stronger but has a muni cost and cooldown and such

+1 Kommandopanzer IV would be good, if it becomes like the P4-Stummel of CoH1.

As addition hull-down has to got, replaced by something else.

Edit: But OST ist still too 1939. Maybe replace the Stummel with a long-barrel version. Panzer4-stummel would be a good replacement for OKW Ostwind.
16 Dec 2019, 02:43 AM

I agree with the command tank rework.
A special version of blitz that grants nearby infantry sprint? Smoke shells? Stuka mg strafe (medium damage no pin?) basicly emulate the early war combined arms blitzkrieg style warfare centered around the p3 stubby p4

I like the second two, the first one I don't think so. For one, the Cmdr the OP was originally talking about already has tactical movement. Also Valiant assault nerf was very warranted, don't wanna see anything like that anytime soon (For mother Russia still needs same treatment iirc)

I also feel like it's supposed to be a defensive unit to begin with. I think a good timed aura would be one with an RA bonus and some good sized cooldown+acc bonuses for stationary squads(and maybe tanks too?). "Defensive Posture" or something like that

Something like that, smoke shells, an anti-infantry strafe, and maybe hull down and I think the unit would be really solid. Lock the strafe behind vet 1 with blitz

16 Dec 2019, 03:31 AM

I like the second two, the first one I don't think so. For one, the Cmdr the OP was originally talking about already has tactical movement. Also Valiant assault nerf was very warranted, don't wanna see anything like that anytime soon (For mother Russia still needs same treatment iirc)

I also feel like it's supposed to be a defensive unit to begin with. I think a good timed aura would be one with an RA bonus and some good sized cooldown+acc bonuses for stationary squads(and maybe tanks too?). "Defensive Posture" or something like that

Something like that, smoke shells, an anti-infantry strafe, and maybe hull down and I think the unit would be really solid. Lock the strafe behind vet 1 with blitz

yea, my thought was to replace tac movment as i got messed up with my suggestion and the OP so i already had tac movement as a write off, but you are right

i know the unit was originally a defensive unit, but i think a defensive command unit is a fine line between being too much and not worth the effort, even now poeple think ~only~ tanking 1 extra hit for all armour isnt that good of a buff without needing to do anything. so an active defensive ability would be a tough duck i think, finding the right balance would be quite tough. additionally restricting it to defensive (although i do like your suggestion for defensive posture) stagnates somewhat. but thats just a personal opinion of course

to take a bit of the pressure off that aspect id like the unit to be worth it even without the support options- something hitting like a stug E with a turret might be enough to be attractive (it IS limited to 1 at a time) and then the support abilities wouldnt need to be as hard to strike a balance on know what i mean?
16 Dec 2019, 07:19 AM

yea, my thought was to replace tac movment as i got messed up with my suggestion and the OP so i already had tac movement as a write off, but you are right

i know the unit was originally a defensive unit, but i think a defensive command unit is a fine line between being too much and not worth the effort, even now poeple think ~only~ tanking 1 extra hit for all armour isnt that good of a buff without needing to do anything. so an active defensive ability would be a tough duck i think, finding the right balance would be quite tough. additionally restricting it to defensive (although i do like your suggestion for defensive posture) stagnates somewhat. but thats just a personal opinion of course

to take a bit of the pressure off that aspect id like the unit to be worth it even without the support options- something hitting like a stug E with a turret might be enough to be attractive (it IS limited to 1 at a time) and then the support abilities wouldnt need to be as hard to strike a balance on know what i mean?

Yeah just making the main gun better in some way would definitely be a good idea. And the support role could also be designed to improve with vet, like it does for some of the other command tanks. I've seen Vipper suggest this numerous times I think, but might of been talking about a different unit

I think one or two of the support abilities themselves should be somewhat stagnant anway tbh, but if the main gun is improved, and it gets things like smoke shells and strafing runs, that still gives it some offensive punch as well. But at the end of the day, if you want a medium that can contend with tanks, get a regular p4. If you want medium that focuses on infantry get an ostwind

The commissar has offensive and defensive abilities, I think the command p4 being an upscaled late-game commissar would be ideal
16 Dec 2019, 10:03 AM

0 CP: Panzer 4 F1

Suggest 2 fire more indirect and direct.

Indirect is similar to Stug -E
Direct use hollow shape charges and is AT only (low penetration maybe some deflection)

0 CP: Airdropped Medical Crates

Medical crates Can now be loaded and transported by HT (this can be do moded)
17 Dec 2019, 18:52 PM

Permanently Banned
After the aura nerf, I knew the nerf would effectively nerf the tank to the ground. It's just an expensive higher armor ostwind at this point. 10% aura is just a joke now.
18 Dec 2019, 00:09 AM

After the aura nerf, I knew the nerf would effectively nerf the tank to the ground. It's just an expensive higher armor ostwind at this point. 10% aura is just a joke now.

Hardly. The extra hit worth of damage is what defines the t-34/85 as a significantly superior tank than the 76mm not the extra pen or armour. Being able to take an extra hit is literally a life and death difference. The bigger difference is the way it impacts infantry, and now with grens new vet 3 doubling 20% damage reductions would be stupid op
18 Dec 2019, 00:41 AM

Just replace the Command Tank with something. It's been nerfed to the ground to uselessness (for right or wrong reasons) and nobody wants it.

Personally, I'd replace it with a Pz4 F buildable from T2 for say 80 fuel.
18 Dec 2019, 03:52 AM

Received damage aura just isn't a good idea. Especially one that's always active. They should've replaced it entirely rather than just reducing it
18 Dec 2019, 11:33 AM

0CP - 250 HT (Buildable from HQ once BP1 complete)
2CP - Luftwaffe Field Officer (Smoke run, anti infantry strafe, air recon, medical supplies drop)
4CP - Tactical Movement
7CP - Command P4 (Panzer IV F2, 5% damage reduction within 35m)
12CP - Stuka Close Air Support
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 29
unknown 11
Germany 844

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L