Login

russian armor

THis game is just one BUG

10 Nov 2013, 23:40 PM

the bulletin for the russia arty 152mm more accurate fire is totaly bugged the arty is firing 100% less accurate its such a JOKE LIKE THIS HOLE GAME
11 Nov 2013, 02:14 AM

the bulletin for the russia arty 152mm more accurate fire is totaly bugged the arty is firing 100% less accurate its such a JOKE LIKE THIS HOLE GAME

Haha, but in your sig you say you wait for Company of heroes 3. You can expect, that the same team as coh2 will do coh3 ;)
11 Nov 2013, 11:39 AM

on the good side of things, u can spend 2.99 on new commander and build tanktraps, how awesome is that

I can't tell if that's just irony.

But the coolness depends IMO on what it costs to build TTs. I doubt it'll be for free.

Or else I can quickly see the german T2 ruined on maps like Road to Kiev and Semoskiy.
11 Nov 2013, 11:41 AM

on the good side of things, u can spend 2.99 on new commander and build tanktraps, how awesome is that

Aren't the tank trap commanders the ones who only require e-mail registration?
11 Nov 2013, 12:59 PM

PTRS and Zis could use a penetration buff but even right now you still have buttton, mark vehicle, SU85, T34 spam, cheaper mines, etc. If Soviets aren't good enough at killing armor then the solution is to fix that, not dumb down the entire fucking game. Everyone is scared of aggression when a AT nade or faust can damage engine on any tank that was only in the zone for a fraction of a second.

No matter what is done the AT mechanic in this game is probably going to be shit anyways since there are no flanking TDs, they just sit safely in the back while dealing out 25% dmg to most tanks with one shot like this is a Men of War game.

I agree with 'dumb down' part. As I expressed in numerous posts and threads.

But as it stands, removing engine damage crit by faust/at nade would not even be funny.

Yes Guards can button vehicles, but they need to be close and stay there under mortar/inf fire. Maybe I am not that good, but rarely do I ever button down Piv or Panther and finish it of unless it already has damaged engine or its in the hands of a noob.
Half of Soviet commanders don't even have rifles, and all you need to rain free with Germans is Panzer tactician smoke. Don't have to worry about being button down with that.

I can't see Relic revamping entire fast teching and vehicle mechanics tho, so I guess we will just have to get used to AT Nades and faust engine crits
11 Nov 2013, 14:16 PM

This may be Off-Topic,but still I got to ask this
I heard that with the new patch/commander/doctrine the Germans will have "Purchasable Veterancy"??
I didn't encounter it in my little experience (7 months I think) in vCoH,what is that and with what affects the game...
11 Nov 2013, 15:17 PM

Aren't the tank trap commanders the ones who only require e-mail registration?

Yes they are, the Defensive Commanders require only e-mail registration. They're free.
11 Nov 2013, 15:24 PM

This may be Off-Topic,but still I got to ask this
I heard that with the new patch/commander/doctrine the Germans will have "Purchasable Veterancy"??
I didn't encounter it in my little experience (7 months I think) in vCoH,what is that and with what affects the game...

The German Elite troops commander will have that ability, yes (commander is not free). In vCoH Wehrmacht could build a Kampfkraft center in which you could research (pay) veterancy for infantry, support weapons, vehicles and tanks. Three stages (stars) for each type of unit and when you researched the stage all units already on the map or the ones you'd build later on gain one rank. In contrast, like now in CoH2, all the other factions gained veterancy in action on the field.
11 Nov 2013, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 15:24 PMLutzow

The German Elite troops commander will have that ability, yes (commander is not free). In vCoH Wehrmacht could build a Kampfkraft center in which you could research (pay) veterancy for infantry, support weapons, vehicles and tanks. Three stages (stars) for each type of unit and when you researched the stage all units already on the map or the ones you'd build later on gain one rank. In contrast, like now in CoH2, all the other factions gained veterancy in action on the field.

This is rich,now you can purchase veterancy,I guess this is how you throw balance out the window for P2W content
more$$$$4Relic,yay :))
11 Nov 2013, 16:04 PM

That's pretty fucking awesome.
11 Nov 2013, 16:06 PM

..."Purchasable Veterancy"??...
...I didn't encounter it in my little experience (7 months I think) in vCoH...

Kappa
11 Nov 2013, 17:04 PM

Please Relic team instant of spamming the game full with new usless commanders fix your fucking bugs!

Why u cant throw and AT Nate on an abandoned Tank?

why u cant cancel an OP or Mines?

the Big Russia Howitzer 203mm firing animation is totaly wrong

After the bulletin changes many informations are still the old once (e.c Mg suppression 10% after the patch 10% faster vetting) (german version)

Attack move is broken ass hell. Units dont searching a bit cover when spotting enemy units and starting fire on longrange. They just run to midrange and starting fire.

AssGrenns Vet2 information is only a code something like ($324242) (german version)

When conscripts throwing a Molotove they scream Grenade??! ( i think they should say that when the Germans throwing a grenade to their heads)

when u teched to t3 someone said something like "we can use now mobile rocketlauncher" (german version)

You can use the unfinished Conscrip sandbagwall to block units.

when u built wire infront of green cover Units still getting green cover.

Units dont stay in cover they jumping and moving all the time in combat like on LSD

When u walk for example with a PG into a Conscript and u throw a Grenade, one PG will stop and throw it the other guy´s still walking to the point where u want the grenade (Conscripts Shocks Gards doing the same bs)

Also whats with your Splashdmg system? there are only two cases: Fullkill - down to 1 Guy or no dmg realy? That happend with Nates, Tankshoots, Mortar, Arty, Molotoves, Rifelnates and mines... Its like a game in 1999 ( 1 or 0 )

please make that the mortar is shooting there where u wanna shoot! U cant micro a Mortar with normal barrage.

Why must every Panzerfaust/ AT nate (when penetrating) instant Engin dmg? if the tank would be 50% HP okay but not full reparied...

When u ve Infantery close to a tank wrack the truesight is totaly bugged and u dont see anything. Happenz sometimes in the corner of the map or near walls too.

and maybe redesgin your bad optimzed engine and network

Why u can match with a random partner to an arranged team? (fairness???!)

Stupid mapdesgin using small maps like semios for 2v2 and big map like Moscow for 1v1

Sniper taking no dmg from small arms fire and than 1-2 Hits death.

Sniper cammo is sometimes realy bugged so he is still cloaked on redcover

German sniper die´s to 99% in retreading when a tank is shooting on him. Because Spalsh dmg is doing the same dmg still when u retreading another fail mechanic. (Sovjet sniper too but there many time just one guy die)

When u use the German Sniper ability "incendiary projectile" and the Guy who he is aiming died by another Unit the sniper wont shoot and u still lose 45munition. I think the same happend when u lose line of Sight or the fireline is blocked idk)

When u stop the command throwing a Grennade while the soldier wanna throw you still have to wait for the cooldown, dont know if u losing the 50 munition too

When u selected a Tank and an Infantery Unit u cant use the button too retread when Arty is incoming or sth like that.

When u reparing your tanks with Engineers and u turn your tank, the engi´s stopping repair for 5-10 sec´s or sometimes complete.

when u get your first xp the commanders blinking all the time its fucking anoying same when u ve just 10vtp left!

You cant built wire close to the battlefield border

Well also Fix your HouseONESHOOT Bug. (i read something about that in the Changelog but i think it wont change anything :D)

can i get my money back?

+1000

That`s so true!!!
11 Nov 2013, 18:25 PM

This is rich,now you can purchase veterancy,I guess this is how you throw balance out the window for P2W content

Well that depends. I can't recall but people who can remember that, was this type of veterancy in vCoH considered OP?

Anyways, here is the link and the costs. Kampfkraft center Not that cheap, fuel wise.

Besides that, we don't know if the system now is going to be completely the same, nor if paid veterancy will be available for all type of units. I hope they've thoroughly tested and balanced it though :)
12 Nov 2013, 00:31 AM
Patrion 14

PTRS and Zis could use a penetration buff but even right now you still have buttton, mark vehicle, SU85, T34 spam, cheaper mines, etc. If Soviets aren't good enough at killing armor then the solution is to fix that, not dumb down the entire fucking game. Everyone is scared of aggression when a AT nade or faust can damage engine on any tank that was only in the zone for a fraction of a second.

No matter what is done the AT mechanic in this game is probably going to be shit anyways since there are no flanking TDs, they just sit safely in the back while dealing out 25% dmg to most tanks with one shot like this is a Men of War game.

The statement that the current at grenade mechanic is dumbing down the game is not only a baseless exaggeration but also false. AT nades and the Panzerfaust function pretty much like the sticky did in coh1, which is the frame of reference applied here, I would presume. The only differences are:

1) stickies can be thrown further (depending on the level of vet of the rifle unit)
2) they always do damage and cannot deflect
3) they have a certain chance to damage the engine (the state of repair of the tank is irrelevant)

The new applied system to determine whether or not an engine damage is caused by dividing the penetration of the sticky by the armour of the tank leads, for all intents and purposes, to the same result: A certain chance of an engine damage regardless of the state of the tank in question.

The only thing one could argue is that it is no longer possible to break an initiated panzerfaust or AT grenade. However this needs to be put in relation to the smaller range and the longer windup times in coh2.

I pretty much agree with all other raised points of Lucky besides the splash damage and mine argument which I did not observe like that.
I constantly only kill 1 to 2 members of a squad with mines. Squad wipes were very seldom and only occurred when the mine was placed in a very tight area that would force the entities of a squad to move tightly together (for example on semoisky between the hedge and the building leading down to the fuel point island) and even then you got the obligatory straggler behind the rest ;)

When u selected a Tank and an Infantery Unit u cant use the button too retread when Arty is incoming or sth like that.

The button for retreat is relocated to the second line, first entry of the grid due to the fact that reverse is in the top right. If you are using gridkeys you can retreat these units by pressing A or just pressing the button with your mouse. You can also press tab to cycle through your units and then use the normal hotkey to retreat infantry units.
12 Nov 2013, 00:47 AM

stickys can delect :O
12 Nov 2013, 00:58 AM
Patrion 14

Even more similarities then. Honestly, I have never seen them do no damage (maybe I was always looking somewhere else after giving the throwing order) but I'll take your word for it.

Since you do raise quite a few valid concerns (excluding the ones I raised) I'd suggest rewriting your initial post and title since in it's current state it will likely draw only negative attention due to the accusing tone of it. Since the points are valid they will more likely be heard if presented in a objective manner.
12 Nov 2013, 04:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 18:25 PMLutzow

Well that depends. I can't recall but people who can remember that, was this type of veterancy in vCoH considered OP?

Anyways, here is the link and the costs. Kampfkraft center Not that cheap, fuel wise.

Besides that, we don't know if the system now is going to be completely the same, nor if paid veterancy will be available for all type of units. I hope they've thoroughly tested and balanced it though :)

Not really. It tended to be expensive on the fuel which you could spend going towards a Puma or Tier 4 but otherwise it wasn't too OP.

The problem with implementing it in this game is the whole game is based around getting vet on the field, not buying it, and you're now telling me the Germans can now buy vet?

I can only imagine balance hell from this. Either no-one's going to use it or it's going to be OP as hell.
12 Nov 2013, 04:54 AM

The statement that the current at grenade mechanic is dumbing down the game is not only a baseless exaggeration but also false. AT nades and the Panzerfaust function pretty much like the sticky did in coh1, which is the frame of reference applied here

1) only 1 faction had access to engine damage light AT
2) it had a 3 second timer to get out of danger
3) it was really easy to dodge when they can be interrupted
4) it never did heavy engine damage on 1 sticky or at least I've never seen that happen
5) command lag wasn't so bad
6) Oorah didn't exist for rifles

12 Nov 2013, 09:17 AM

Next thing is going to be that germans can get vet 4 as a DLC for 2.99.

:P
13 Nov 2013, 16:07 PM

Next thing is going to be that germans can get vet 4 as a DLC for 2.99.

:P

Please stay on the topic, This is not about balancing or OP/not OP. This is about Bugs!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★