Login

russian armor

About HMG42 gunner and formation....

21 Nov 2019, 18:48 PM

I get it is the slowest to position, slowest to traverse lock etc.
Ok that is fine.
But somehow its gunners often gets taken out first.
Especially when you are setting up to fire.
Once killed, we get into slow change over animation.
It is bad against Alliesl, especially vet late game, where you dont suppress as fast against blob.

Can we arrange the 3 man support to be in front, so they can shield the gunner, take the bullets to their knees first?
21 Nov 2019, 19:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sure this is specific to the MG42? I thought all MGs have their gunner in the front unless closeby cover (or sometimes janky algorithm) sends the other crew members to a spot in front of the MG.

Changing it could be quite a buff for MGs, not sure if that is needed in general. Assuming that it can be changed by the balance team at all.

I also sometimes felt that the crew should protect them more, but then again - logically thinking - no sane person would send his units in front of the own MG, that would just get them killed. Also the attackers would likely focus the gunner first.
So if there really is a need for rebalancing, I think there should be a way to do it without breaking the authenticity.
21 Nov 2019, 20:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think this applies to all MGs.

On the other hand, MG operator have a lower priority than the crew which means they are less likely to get focused. But this only applies if the enemy has the chance to target said crew.

21 Nov 2019, 21:20 PM

A-Moving your mg42 makes the rest of the crew sprint to the front when it sets up. I think that same applies giving direct attack command to your mg squad to attack against enemy squad. The lesson here is to not use mg42 defensively.

But yeah changing the squad formation so that the mg gunner FOR ALL MGs would be at the back of the formation would fix the issue of blobs countering the blob counter. I do not understand why this issue has not been dealt with as it would be easy fix. The only people opposed to this would be the blobbing noobs who would cry that they can't no longer run at mg and death cycle it.
22 Nov 2019, 05:07 AM

The frustration is like when i have set up the MG, and you get allies infantry just walk in and kill the gunner. You basically have to prepare to retreat since your next gunner may still die while setting up, and the allies blob cannot be suppress.
22 Nov 2019, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2019, 05:07 AMmrgame2
The frustration is like when i have set up the MG, and you get allies infantry just walk in and kill the gunner. You basically have to prepare to retreat since your next gunner may still die while setting up, and the allies blob cannot be suppress.

At least the 42 has a chance to stop an A-moving mass of humanity in its tracks. *cries in Maxim*
22 Nov 2019, 17:07 PM

At least the 42 has a chance to stop an A-moving mass of humanity in its tracks. *cries in Maxim*

ya the maxim even setup can be kill and dont forget the deathloop
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS