Login

russian armor

Victory at Stalingrad on next week

10 Nov 2013, 04:41 AM

Everything should be for free right?

If I had the "everything should be free" attitude I wouldn't have spent $100 on the game in the first place. Someone earlier said the value of most other CE's are bad, and even if that is true at least they contain collectibles that are pretty neat to have. Is that RC Dragonfire and all the collectibles for CoD BO2 worth what it cost? Probably not but you get a ton of cool shit that you can't get anywhere else. I got no cool shit, I paid for a DCE, and the whole purpose is to actually offer a good value of DLC content. Not only was it a terrible value, it was misadvertised and they are still charging an arm and leg for the new stuff like they haven't learned a thing.

34 paid commanders (assuming they will charge for all the beta commanders) at $4
25 skins at $2 I think
2 ToW packs worth $10-15

That puts us at around $200 worth of extra content that we know about so far, with surely more stuff coming in the future...and it has only been four months. Btw you can buy BF4 and premium season pass for only $110.

tl;dr just because we don't want to spend $200-400 on a single video game does not mean we are stingy, if anything it just makes you a prodigal.

10 Nov 2013, 13:14 PM

Christ, there are STILL NO FUCKING CHAT LOBBIES OR ACCESSIBLE LEADERBOARDS SAVE FOR A COMMUNITY FAN SITE.

Chat Lobby DLC Commander 3.99$.
Leaderboards DLC commander 3.99$.

just wait guys Company of heroes 2 will become the most expensive game in history.In 1 or 2 years with ToW 1943-1945(german + soviet) and all the other thousands of commanders(king tiger, jagdpanther, SU-100,KV-85......) + dlc Skins you will pay around 400-500$ for the "FULL" game.
10 Nov 2013, 14:09 PM

Nobody has asked the most important question which is, which community members designed commanders with tank traps?! Come on, fess up. I know it was one of you...

I must admit that as I watched the stream my jaw literally dropped at the smug anouncement:

".. that means you can build tank traps ... TANK TRAPS ... I can't emphasise that enogh!"
(Linked to cast)

So, well done! One of the most basic features of the game's predecessor makes a comeback. As a commander item.

For me it's now pretty obvious that there will be no notable future features unless it's a commander item. Most of which will probably be DLC related.

This 'epiphany' was a gut punch for me.
My hopes of CoH2 eventually matching and surpassing the strategic/tactical depth of vCoH were shattered right there.
EDIT:
To clarify: If basic strategic/tactical vCoH options & features are now commander specific then naturally there are less options available as only one commander may ultimately be chosen.
/EDIT

I guess I was just stupid.
It's kinda logical if you think about it from a strictly financial perspective - though game companies are usually not THAT straight forward about it.

So, while the game is still fun (in a casual kind of way) I don't plan to invest any further effort nor real money.
10 Nov 2013, 14:33 PM

cool more pay-to-win stuff, plaaaah :| assgrens, fhq with heal (wtf?), tank traps etc etc..
10 Nov 2013, 15:12 PM
Benefactor 115

in the case of tank traps it's register an email account to win.
10 Nov 2013, 16:17 PM

I also don't think anyone's ever won a game because of tank traps. Many a base rush was stopped or slowed by them, and sure they were almost 100% necessary in vCoH against the British Kangaroo base-rush spam of 2.601, but it wasn't exactly a game winning tactic. If anything, it made the maps more dynamic.
10 Nov 2013, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2013, 14:09 PMMadok

For me it's now pretty obvious that there will be no notable future features unless it's a commander item. Most of which will probably be DLC related.

This 'epiphany' was a gut punch for me.
My hopes of CoH2 eventually matching and surpassing the strategic/tactical depth of vCoH were shattered right there.
EDIT:
To clarify: If basic strategic/tactical vCoH options & features are now commander specific then naturally there are less options available as only one commander may ultimately be chosen.
/EDIT

If relic were interested to make a fun game they would add more Options by giving the factions more non doctrinal stuff as Standard Units but they decided to make Money, Money , Money by adding every Little shit like tanktraps or the KV-1 as a Special commander unit/ability.And the Problem is there will be 100 commanders for both sides at the end of this commander spam and you can only choose 1 of them per game and not the other 99.

The amount of variety is always low because everything is a commander tank unit and you can only choose 1 commander.

There are also many useless commanders that nobody uses.Did you guys saw anybody uses commanders like the NKVD or Terror doctrine commander?Nobody is using this garbage commanders because they are useless and there are already toooooooooo much commanders.And relic Spams more useless commanders that nobody uses.
10 Nov 2013, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2013, 16:22 PMAffe

If relic were interested to make a fun game they would add more Options by giving the factions more non doctrinal stuff as Standard Units but they decided to make Money, Money , Money by adding every Little shit like tanktraps or the KV-1 as a Special commander unit/ability.And the Problem is there will be 100 commanders for both sides at the end of this commander spam and you can only choose 1 of them per game and not the other 99.

The amount of variety is always low because everything is a commander tank unit and you can only choose 1 commander.

There are also many useless commanders that nobody uses.Did you guys saw anybody uses commanders like the NKVD or Terror doctrine commander?Nobody is using this garbage commanders because they are useless and there are already toooooooooo much commanders.And relic Spams more useless commanders that nobody uses.

people do actually use NKVD. besides, if the commanders are so useless, why are you spamming every thread complaining about p2w? if theyre useless, you arent missing anything by not buying them.

also, you claim adding more doctrinal units doesnt add variety but more non doctrinal units would. thats not true. theres already more non doctrinal units than you can build in a single game. even as german, if you build every building, youll never build every single unit. adding 100 more non doctrinal units would mean you use an even smaller percentage of units. you would be forced to pick units that fit your build, which is essentially what commanders do. so just because you cant use all the commanders at once doesnt mean theres less variety.

commanders just restrict players by not allowing every single possible combination of units and abilities. this is honestly a good thing, because some combos would be too good.
10 Nov 2013, 23:11 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I don't think he is talking about units but more about "mechanics"
like tank traps, forward HQ's , soviet bunkers etcetera
It also bothers me too see all these commanders have hardly any old stuff
10 Nov 2013, 23:18 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2013, 04:38 AMTurtle

Or C. You're too butthurt to see it's more complex than that.

I do agree, Relic/Sega is skirting the lines of value and pay 2 win. Some cases, before patches and nerfs, they had easily stepped over it.

On the other hand.. did we not get a complete product already? Multiplayer worked, with some problems, but it worked. There's a whole campaign, and the Theater or War content on top of that.

We've gotten a plethora of free commanders and constant balance patches since launch.

And do you really think all this justifies the extra cost? Look at what we got with vCOH, two decent expansion and new units/factions without extra bullshit like useless extra commanders or skins/bulletins...
11 Nov 2013, 00:55 AM

people complain that that the first commanders had nothing new, just new combinations of existing units/abilities. now the commanders have lots of new units/abilities, people still complain. seems like relic loses either way. im really not sure what people want them to do, other than give everything away for free.
11 Nov 2013, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2013, 00:55 AMwooof

people complain that that the first commanders had nothing new, just new combinations of existing units/abilities. now the commanders have lots of new units/abilities, people still complain. seems like relic loses either way. im really not sure what people want them to do, other than give everything away for free.

Pretty much, but they instituted the grocery store aisle method of updating the game, I think a lot of us don't like looking at 10 slightly different brands of cereals that all essentially do the same thing. So we just wait for the fanatic players to show us which is one is particularly OP, then we all buy that.

11 Nov 2013, 04:06 AM

I was pretty pleased to see now that the new stuff has more identity. I feel like this is how it should have been from the beginning, very few if any overlaps between different doctrines. Hopefully they change some of the earlier doctrines, there were far too many redundancies especially with things like Shocks/KV8 and G43/Sprint.
11 Nov 2013, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2013, 13:14 PMAffe

Chat Lobby DLC Commander 3.99$.
Leaderboards DLC commander 3.99$.

just wait guys Company of heroes 2 will become the most expensive game in history.In 1 or 2 years with ToW 1943-1945(german + soviet) and all the other thousands of commanders(king tiger, jagdpanther, SU-100,KV-85......) + dlc Skins you will pay around 400-500$ for the "FULL" game.

the most expensive game in history is a train simulator, which has over $1000 worth of dlcs.
11 Nov 2013, 04:45 AM

the most expensive game in history is a train simulator, which has over $1000 worth of dlcs.

That probably has real life training value though. Plus those extra trains aren't used in competitive multiplayer. ;)
11 Nov 2013, 09:32 AM

The way I see it is .. the core of the game is still there for people at the pricey cost of £0 extra, the patches are the most important part of making the game better going forward and cost nothing, they are even adding in free maps and the odd commander for nothing as well.

All these people bitching about pay to win commanders, in my experience they can all be beat with the standard commanders and if they do have anything that is too good or unfair, it'll get fixed in the next patch. As for the cost .. £4 a commander isn't very steep in my world, I regularly waste that on a pint in a night out, the pint will be lucky to last me 30 mins to an hour (value for money?). Bottom line is: if you don't want the extra content then don't pay for it.

Personally I'm just pleased by how regularly the game is being patched and updated.

11 Nov 2013, 09:48 AM

That probably has real life training value though. Plus those extra trains aren't used in competitive multiplayer. ;)

There just might be something in that...
11 Nov 2013, 12:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

You are right. But you can still create good and diverse commanders from the stock abilities.
11 Nov 2013, 12:57 PM
Benefactor 115

people complain that that the first commanders had nothing new, just new combinations of existing units/abilities. now the commanders have lots of new units/abilities, people still complain. seems like relic loses either way.

I guess it depends whether you see the glass half full or empty...my take is they win ($$) either way
11 Nov 2013, 17:37 PM

What people want is the ability to build more variety of units from the core buildings at your base, not a call in ability for every little new unit or ability relic dreams up while looking out from a glass house.

How about coming up with new units that anyone can build from their t1-t4 buildings to make it a more even playing ground?

Oh I guess that would be called "game balance" something relic has no clue how to implement to the core game play which will be the downfall of this game surviving long term as vcoh was able to do.

relics insight on this is lyrics from a rap song all along, "if it don't make dollars it don't make sense"

However this has been a sega thing from many games and personally for those that bought the CE edition I think they should be opening a class action lawsuit against sega for false advertising what CE truly is and was supposed to be.

This happened when sega was Sued For Falsely Advertising Aliens: Colonial Marines, gamers did not get what they paid for and the same is true here again.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sega-Gearbox-Sued-Falsely-Advertising-Aliens-Colonial-Marines-55235.html

not to rant but sega and relic has pulled one of the biggest rip off games to date with selling CE as one thing and changing what is a month later, regardless if this was THQ intentions and not sega, it was still marketed by sega that you will get all dlc and tow missions.

If companies like Sega and Relic promise their customers one thing but deliver something else, then they should be held accountable for that decision.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★