Login

russian armor

Maxim vet 1 Sustained Fire

16 Nov 2019, 23:57 PM

When do you use it? What exactly does it do? Have you ever had an engagement where you feel it made a difference?

Frankly, it seems to lack a use case to me.
17 Nov 2019, 00:05 AM

Never, because it forces a reload, making it an enormous waste of MU unless you are in a hyper specific case of having a prepared position with line of sight on approaching forces that are due to arrive on you imminently
17 Nov 2019, 00:05 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Use it when you need to shoot more than waiting between bursts. Use it before an engagement is prefered. Mid engagement can work so long as you're not relying on the maxim to suppress there and now. It requires a manual reload so it stops shooting for some time. Increases burst duration to extensively lengthy times. Also boosts suppression slightly.
17 Nov 2019, 00:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I honestly never used it exactly once. That time the enemy was in the cone of fire with other squads following up, so I thought the (at the time recently reworked) ability will be useful for increased damage and suppression. But I just saw my gunner reloading while all units moved through the cone, closed in and focused the MG, forcing a full retreat for all of my units.

As our seductive CarbordBox said, there might be very specific cases, but if you belong to the bottom 95% of players like basically everyone who cannot micro every unit simultaneously, don't use it. Throw a molotov into the walking path instead or place a tripwire flare later in the game instead, that's a way better pay off.
17 Nov 2019, 01:00 AM

Mgs fights and if u are a pro , just before normal reload
17 Nov 2019, 12:04 PM

I am so pro I can know when my maxim is going to reload even though it has no ammo counter, no way to know how many shots it has or has fired, and through retreats. Maximum pro /s
17 Nov 2019, 12:21 PM

that's why i said if u are pro and can count individual burst :romeoHype:

btw we still miss forced reload :snfDevm:
17 Nov 2019, 14:15 PM

In fact, i use this ability very often and found some situations where you can use it effectively:
1. You can turn on it right in moment, when you saw enemy soldiers in cone of fire, boost from ability will be enough to quickly suppress all soldiers.
2. When you fight against LV like puma or P2. You can take some damage to P2 if you will be shoot to rear armor.
3. When you fight against enemy HMG. This fight will win those who 1-st turn on ability.

And of course, this ability don't have clear indication when it turn on (no laser shots like MG-42) and only clue - long bursts. You always could use it to your profit, because blobbers when see maxims always don't expect that you turned on this ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★