Login

russian armor

IS2 and Tiger bugging me at night

10 Nov 2019, 19:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 18:06 PMmrgame2
Idk it disable main gun, and not disable engine, Med tanks can simply reverse the f out. It is not like Stug cant pen med tanks already.

The full 160 damage from twp should help against heavies, something Wehr sorely lack. Like even Panther can bounce allies heavies frontally from max range..

Panther helps against heavies.
StuGs are anti med/premium med/churchills.

There is exclusively ONE allied vehicle with high enough armor to make stug a bad choice and that one tank isn't and won't be the reason for any stug pen/dmg buffs on either stock gun or ability, because it just so happens that both axis factions already have a counter to that unit and its the same counter.
10 Nov 2019, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 18:06 PMmrgame2
Idk it disable main gun, and not disable engine, Med tanks can simply reverse the f out. It is not like Stug cant pen med tanks already.

The full 160 damage from twp should help against heavies, something Wehr sorely lack. Like even Panther can bounce allies heavies frontally from max range..

What would be the drawback of Stug's HEAT shell then?

Consider similar abilities, such as shell shock on the Stuart also half the damage and yet they're still used often enough (that ability does reduce reload significantly though).

Start simple and improve QoL of the ability by making it function the same as on the Stug E (point and click, no activation time, guaranteed penetration). Afterwards maybe reduce cost from 35 to 30 munitions, because old cost was meant for TWP (which even pak's only pay 30 munitions for now).

This would make it worth using situationally, without having to adjust damage (the only real drawback).
10 Nov 2019, 23:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's Stug E not Stug G.

I thought ability guide was updated.
11 Nov 2019, 00:16 AM

That's Stug E not Stug G.

I thought ability guide was updated.

It's not mentioned in the guide, but Stug G's HEAT round also does -50% damage, like the Stug E.
12 Nov 2019, 02:44 AM

Permanently Banned
The drawback that nobody mentioned about TWP is that loading TWP causes the Stug to disrupt its OWN reloading cycle, which is why it takes forever to load the TWP round. Essentially, your disrupting your own reload to disrupt your enemy's reload. This is why Stug TWP is literally useless and should NEVER, I really mean NEVER be used.
12 Nov 2019, 02:52 AM

The drawback that nobody mentioned about TWP is that loading TWP causes the Stug to disrupt its OWN reloading cycle, which is why it takes forever to load the TWP round. Essentially, your disrupting your own reload to disrupt your enemy's reload. This is why Stug TWP is literally useless and should NEVER, I really mean NEVER be used.

Depends on what you are disrupting the reload on really. Probably be less impactful on a T70 than on a kv-2
12 Nov 2019, 02:59 AM

What would be the drawback of Stug's HEAT shell then?

Consider similar abilities, such as shell shock on the Stuart also half the damage and yet they're still used often enough (that ability does reduce reload significantly though).

Start simple and improve QoL of the ability by making it function the same as on the Stug E (point and click, no activation time, guaranteed penetration). Afterwards maybe reduce cost from 35 to 30 munitions, because old cost was meant for TWP (which even pak's only pay 30 munitions for now).

This would make it worth using situationally, without having to adjust damage (the only real drawback).

I don't think stuart is comparable to stug in their use and availability to faction. Besides i think stuart disable vehicle movement too, better than stug turret lock.

But i like your suggestions, with exception that the new twp deals 120 damage. 5s halt is too little use imo. And as posted above, stug already takes so long to load it
12 Nov 2019, 08:13 AM

I assumed it worked like pak40 TWP, but I just tested in-game and it seems you're right. It adds at least 2-3 seconds of delay regardless of when you activate it. The Stug G also has to reaim, so if you activate it near the end of its reloading cycle, it becomes more like 4-5 second delay. That's a whole extra shot wasted or multiple shots if used at vet 3.

It should definitely be changed to how it works on the Stug E or otherwise how it works on the pak.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★