Login

russian armor

Heavies call ins, CPs, teamgames and caches.

1 Nov 2019, 20:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's been discussions about TDs and in the current patch, heavies might be arriving too fast or are at least are more predominant than before. Since i think both topics are related (touch one, you have to touch the other) one point that has been mentioned is that current CP values are just good enough for them to be relevant on teamgames, as resource gain is higher than CP gain.

Which made me think of alternative ways of giving CP gain, which would be less effective for 1v1 but more predominant on teamgames so you can delay most heavy tanks.

First of all, start by saying that caches could be cheaper, provide boost only for the player building it and allow multiple players to build or "attach" in the same point.

1- Push back CP values on heavy call in tanks.

2- Caches provides a hefty CP gain in a similar way teching does atm (~ 1/2 CP)

OKW: this had been in my mind since the first rework and the removable of resource conversion from mech HQ. Give each truck setup, a similar cost value upgrade which lets it work as a cache on the place it is deploy, with the same limitations as current caches (you couldn't "double stack a point"). It wouldn't block capture of point and resource gain would stop if the point is neutralised.

Problem: i know this could potentially decrease the timings for other units, but i consider mostly for 1v1, a 250mp investment pretty risky just for the sake of rushing CPs.

Alternative, i also thought certain tech upgrade and buildings could provide CP gain, but it would be extremely more complex to implement as they have different amount of them. After analysing work/complexity vs value i found it not worthy.

1 Nov 2019, 20:41 PM

2- Caches provides a hefty CP gain in a similar way teching does atm (~ 1/2 CP)

Double pioneers into 2 caches into storm troopers at 1:30 ? Kappa
2 Nov 2019, 00:19 AM

As far as I know CP gain can change according to number of players.
4 Nov 2019, 18:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2019, 00:19 AMVipper
As far as I know CP gain can change according to number of players.

If this is true and possible, i don't get why this wasn't tried outside of a conscious design choice of not messing up with different "stats" depending on game mode.
4 Nov 2019, 18:18 PM

If this is true and possible, i don't get why this wasn't tried outside of a conscious design choice of not messing up with different "stats" depending on game mode.

One moder told it is quite easy.

I can not help with your question, I had actually suggest bringing CP gain closer across modes but got not reply, you will have to ask Relic/MOD team about it.
4 Nov 2019, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2019, 18:18 PMVipper

One of moder told it is quite easy.

I can not help with your question, I had actually suggest bringing CP gain closer across modes but got not reply, you will have to ask Relic/MOD team about it.

I guess it's time to quote Sanders, but i'm afraid we would already know the answer.

5 Nov 2019, 14:58 PM

you want to see 15min tiger?
5 Nov 2019, 16:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

you want to see 15min tiger?

Nope, rather see them delay heavies in CP and make them appear at similar timing on teamgames.
6 Nov 2019, 10:48 AM

I guess it's time to quote Sanders, but i'm afraid we would already know the answer.

Relic does not want major changes to the game economy at this point (because the game is not designed for it, and messing with it could have far reaching consequences). Besides that, I think adjusting CP gain without adjusting resource income would probably make things worse. Delaying heavy tanks this way (which I personally do not think is necessary anyway) would come at the cost of also delaying all other units and abilities that are either absolutely fine or are already barely used at their current timing, most importantly elite infantry and vehicles like the Greyhound or Valentine.
6 Nov 2019, 11:30 AM

... Delaying heavy tanks this way (which I personally do not think is necessary anyway) ...

I am pretty sure that allot players believe that Super heavies Tanks come too early specially in 1vs1 and 2vs2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight