Login

russian armor

What is OKW's weakness?

23 Dec 2018, 01:08 AM

Honestly the whole brit faction can be a big threat for OKW, in 2v2 and upwards at least. UC rush shuts down Sturmpioneers and volks early game, and 5men inf sections win every engagement vs volks if used correctly. Vs good players, your only chance is good usage of MG34 and LeIg then.

And no, this is not meant as joke lol

Other than that, OKW is

- very vulnerable to early scout car/jeep rush

- limited in access to offmap precision strikes to deal with howitzers and fortifications (only Feuersturm has that)

- very dependant on how you use your tech trucks. While they offer very effective plays, they are not very durable and losing one of it at the wrong time usually results in a complete disaster. If you just build them at a safe spot (e. g. next to your main HQ) you could waste a lot/too much potential for a win.

OKW still has the disliked blobbing tactics, but it's nowhere near as crazy as it used to be thanks to the volks nerfs, and a lot times you are forced to use combined arms tactics
23 Dec 2018, 21:06 PM

Or you know, you could get 2 raketens and sneak them close to the Sherman, then two shot it.

If you think every player has the skill to sneak raketens close enough to finish Sherman, I think every player know the concept of "combine army", left some infantry close to your armor.
27 Dec 2018, 22:40 PM

As you can probably make from the different comments you are getting the revamped USF gives so many viable openings compared to before, so it's ultimately down to what works for you.

As it is for me right now I often skip light vehicles and unlock both lt. and capt. for the team weapons only. If it comes down to getting light vehicles vs OKW I prefer the luchs over the AA HT, because it is much less vulnerable to getting killed by a raketen.

However, just yesterday I found that the new WC51 in the mechanized company seems EXTREMELY strong against OKW to a point where I think it will most likely be nerfed soon.

for 200 mp and 3 pop cap (cheaper than a kubel) you get:
1. A vehicle capable of capping..
2. With a powerful 50 cal upgrade for 45 munis..
3. That can have a squad protected and firing from the flat top..
4. which on top of that can easily survive a hit from a raketen..
5. and also has a vet 1 ability speed boost that makes it harder to hit and faster than its natual enemies
6. And as a side note is also able to call in an atillery barrage and mark enemy vehicles so they are seen through the fow and easier to penetrate.

If you manage to utilize even half of this you can easily harass an OKW opponent and most likely hold both fuel points (remember OKW don't have faust for the first 4-6 mins so don't be afraid to go balls deep into their lines with a riflemen squad in the top). In the two 1v1 matches I played yesterday with USF, my WC51 survived throughout the entire game and got ~20 kills to their name. And this is in a case where I didn't even remember to use its abilities.

I feel that right now it is almost impossible to overstate how insanely strong this is against OKW.

I mainly play OKW and i can really confirm this. My biggest troubles in this game is when i am up against a player that is good at microing light vehicles and get them as early as possible. Early clowncar or WC51 or even the british UC sometimes can be a horrible pain in the ass.

My tip to anyone wanting to do good against OKW is learn how to use the early light vehicles and be extremely aggressive with them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★