All AT vehicles and mobile ATG squads start with prioritize vehicle active.
While this works, and the units correctly spawn with the "prioritize vehicle" icon above them, the UI button toggle is now inverted
. It seems that the UI button isn't also set to "on" when the unit is created, so clicking it actually turns it off. Clicking it again (which would turn it off) turns prioritize back on. It's just a bit confusing if you're setting the mode while not looking directly at the unit.
Yea, they really need to address this issue. The "spread" on ranks in some games is absurd, and just results in an awful experience for everyone - high-rank players are bored due to playing against "easy" opponents or are frustrated by teammates who can't play at their level, and low-rank players are frustrated by playing against an (effectively) unbeatable opponent. No one wins here.
Yes, technically the "average ELO" works out, but it's just not a good experience.
I'd gladly trade an extra 5-10 minutes in queue if it means not playing with/against players 10+ levels below me, or playing with level 8 players against top 100s.
My take: Level 18, 19 and 20 should never match against players below level 16, and everyone else should be locked to a +/- 3 or 4 levels range when solo queuing.
For arranged teams, I'd suggest taking the average rank of the players, and then adding half the difference between that average and the highest teammate to it. This would at least somewhat compensate for the 'coordination bonus' arranged teams have.
For example: for a level 8, 12, 16 and 18 arranged team, the average rank is 13.5. The difference between 13.5 (avg) and 18 (top) is 4.5, meaning half is 2.25. The 2.25 'offset' added to the original rank of 13.5 means their "team rank" is really 15.75.
OKW's Med Truck is a bit buggy, in terms of unlocking stuff. From the original patch, the "mechanized battlegroup support" upgrade was supposed to unlock the "251 Flak Half-track, the UhU Searchlight Half-Track, Infantry Weapon Upgrades, and ability to reinforce". However, the infantry upgrade tool tips don't reflect this (volks STG, etc.) - they just say it requires any converted HQ.
Additionally, the upgrade is required to deploy the Schwerer HQ (T4), which doesn't appear to be an intended change, and if it is, isn't indicated via the tooltip (also says 'any converted hq'). It's also required to unlock Panzerfausts, which also isn't listed as a change (and isn't explained by the tooltip) - as pointed out by 'Stug Life' above.
I'm sure I can think of a bit more, but these are the first that come to mind.
1. Off-map "friendly fire" damage multiplier standardized. Some off map abilities do full friendly fire, others do half, others do nearly zero: can we standardize this? My vote would be for 50% FF.
2. Any off-map "recon flares" (essentially OWK and UKF) replaced by standard recon planes. I don't think this is very controversial, and should be done for both consistency, and as a way to make the ability have a counter.
3. OKW (Elite Armor) Remove the sturmtiger decrew-on-reload chance. This doesn't make a lot of sense, and doesn't match the UKF's AVRE (which historically also had a vulnerable reloading procedure). Possibly increase the range by +5 (maybe with vet?) to compensate for the low projectile arc often causing the rocket to land short.
4. USF (Tactical Support) Slightly increase the "wind up" time on the Calliope barrage. It's currently nearly impossible to react if this is used at close range. Alternatively, increase the minimum range.
5. Sov (Sov Industry) "repair station" and OST (Defensive Doc) "reinforced repair bunker" given minor pop costs (3?). This is pretty niche, but there are team-games where one (or a few) players build several of these, allowing for their team's armor to be repaired nearly instantly.
6. OKW (Feuersturm) Flame-Hetzer no longer requires Panzer Auth, instead requires 3-5 points. Right now it shows up too late in terms of tech. Considering that it's a case-mate tank with moderate armor and zero AT power, it's almost always better to save up a bit more fuel for a P4. Allowing it to arrive earlier (but not too early due to point reqs and still requiring T3) would give it a bit more impact.
7. Soviet (Urban Defense doc) "Forward Headquarters" ability increased to 2 points (from 1). On some this ability arrives too early and has an insane impact; such as when used on the train stations on Lienne Forest and Ettlebruck Station. Considering it can be used to make any building password protected, arriving before most or any indirect fire is available seems a bit much. Alternatively, if possible, give it a "setup time" instead, to allow the ability to be countered.
8. OST (Jaeger Armor) "Spotting Scopes" no longer go on Elefants. This gives an 80 range TD effectively self-spotting, which is a bit much.
9. OST/OKW (multiple docs) LeFH "Counter Barrage" replaced with something else. The amount of damage this does with zero user input is a bit much. Perhaps replacing it with something like a "precision barrage", where it fires 1-2 rounds (with more delay between them) but with half the scatter (and a shared cooldown).
10. OKW (Spec Ops) "Radio Silence" replaced with a copy of OST's "Ambush Training". This ability is pretty '4th wall breaking' in the sense that it affects the game UI to hide units; replacing it with an in-game variant (infantry/team weps can cloak) seems similar in concept.
I realize this is vague, but a friend of mine is constantly disconnecting and/or crashing when we duo-queue - I'd say he drops from nearly 50% of the games we play (sometimes 3-4 DCs per night), especially early on (within the first 5 minutes). What's really strange is that after DC'ing, he can often still see the in-game chat. We don't have any issues with discord (he stays on), or in 1v1 custom games where we've never had a single issue (3+ games in a row, multiple nights, etc.).
This could be a general 'CoH2' issue, but we've found that it's gotten significantly worse since the x64 update. Before that, he disconnected/crashed quite rarely. Again, I realize this is quite vague, but there doesn't seem to be any consistency; sometimes he crashes or DCs during loading, sometimes it's after a while in-game; but it's gotten to the point where the game is nigh-unplayable due to crashes/DCs on his end.
If there's any logs (for DC's) that would help, I can probably get them.
RAM: 32gb 3600mhz/CL16
GPU: GTX 970 (for now)
Game on SSD
Everything to maximum except AA to low, 2560x1440 (how I normally play).
In an attempt to make the game CPU bound, I tried the same settings but at 1280x720 with 50% render resolution (so 640x360) and no AA.
Hey I had this issue when I first booted up CoH2, but it fixed itself after it connected to the server. It takes a lot longer than it did previously (which was almost instant) but it got there eventually for me. So If I had to guess it's because you're currently attempting to connect to the servers.
That worked, thanks.
Seems to be a lot slower the first time I click any mode (30s+), but after it loads the first time it's faster when I back out and try again (3-5s). That said, both situations are much slower than before the update (1-2s, or instantly).
LOL. Just fix it guys
Same issue for me; can't play any mode. Tried verifying files, but no luck.
1. Remove all off-map "recon flares" (UKF, OKW, etc.) and replace them with recon planes. Flares have no counterplay, and just aren't interesting. I'd even argue for removing on-map flares (Sov mortar, etc.), but that's another discussion.
2. Tommy Bren LMG "Ready Aim" times increased - I'd probably match them to the Guard DP28's times. This makes them a little less "mobile" as it takes longer for them to turn, setup up, etc. This also makes flanking more powerful. I'd also lower base moving Accuracy to at least 40% (from 50%).
3. Increase sturmtiger range by 5, to compensate for its low projectile arc (it hits the ground a lot) and incredibly obvious wind up animation (and lack of turret) when compared to the AVRE.
4. T34 "RAM" re-worked. Firstly, snares/stuns/mines/etc. need to cancel it while "ramming". Secondly, either the "wind up" time (when it revs its engine) needs to be increased, or the max range needs to be decreased (or a combination of both). Thirdly, what it does on impact needs to be made consistent; no more RNG engine/weapon/crew damage.
5. Mortar pit re-worked. Firstly, the mortars need to be forced to fire in 'alternating' pattern; one fires, then half-way through reloading, the other fires. This makes the damage consistent, and also prevents both mortars from hitting at the same time, insta-wiping squads from full HP. Secondly, the 'auto-fire' range needs to be decreased to either 75 (USF Mortar) or 80 (all others). This would make the pit much less of a "set and forget" unit, as it would need micro to perform at its best. To compensate for this, a clone of Ost's "Counter-barrage" could be added to vet 1; this would give it back its 90 auto-fire range, but it would ONLY auto-fire at other artillery. Additionally, turning counter-barrage off should put a ~5s cooldown on barrage and smoke (to prevent spam).
6. OKW Flak-HT given "AP Rounds" toggle ability. The intention is to make med-truck builds more viable, as the Flak-HT could provide moderate AT support against the inevitable 'LV play'. The AP rounds would have a toggle time (a few seconds), and the ability as a whole would need to be on a cooldown to prevent spam (once toggled, it can't switch back for 20s). The AP rounds should have zero AoE, so they're useless against infantry, but moderate penetration values (50/60/70, far/mid/close). Since the Flak-HT can't fire on the move, it would be a purely defensive buff.
An unbrace mortar pit will not tank a stumtiger shoot.
A vet 0
emplacement won't survive, but vet 0 with "improved fortifications" from 'Advanced Emplacement Regiment' will survive, as will a vet 3 emplacement (with or without improved fort).
ST Rocket vs. Emplacements: 812dmg
vet 0 mortar pit: 700hp
vet 0 mortar pit w/ Improved fort: 910hp
vet 3 mortar pit: 1050hp
vet 3 mortar put w/ Improved fort: 1365hp