20 Apr 2021, 14:23 PMSander93
Axis/Allies or faction win ratios per map would also be highly appreciated.
Thread: COH2stats.com match and player statistics 2.020 Apr 2021, 16:14 PM
20 Apr 2021, 14:23 PMSander93
Thread: Connection Issues - Post Server Maintenance8 Apr 2021, 17:13 PM
Cudos to john for being so responsive, very nice indeed
In: COH2 Bugs
Thread: COH2stats.com match and player statistics 2.08 Apr 2021, 02:22 AM
This is beyond outstanding. You guys are heroes, very well done! Looking forward to future improvements!
Thread: Vote for updated commander portraits1 Apr 2021, 20:48 PM
The portrait system to ID what commander your using is...lets just say subpar generally speaking...but these new portraits are a significant improvement on the current ones. I say yes!
Thread: Good idea for COH3(?)22 Mar 2021, 03:47 AM
Articles for anyone interested in more COH3 stuff:
Thread: My respond to the accusations19 Mar 2021, 04:06 AM
Ive reviewed all the evidence, watched all of the videos relating to this issue and I feel
some obligation to state the following...
As far as AE is concerned:
1. His number one priority for many years has been hosting and promoting respectable tournaments that are fair, as well as keeping the ML community money safe from either corruption or bad influences. His track record here is beyond contestation.
2. He did rush on some of his moves with this situation, which is bound to happen when a tournament is coming up soon, he has admitted to his mistake and apologized for it. Put yourself in his shoes when considering the speed at which these events happened. He could definitly have done better here.
3. Its not unusual for anyone (myself included) to get a hot head and say something you either dont mean or didnt intend to say the way you did. Cut people slack here on all sides, if you dont your not human.
4. This wasnt a unilateral move by AE, many people offered to analyze the data and vote on a conclusion, this wasnt a dictatorial move. If you think AE is targeting people to ban, please refer back to point 1.
As far as Seeking is concrened:
1. His skills in COH are quite good, he has hepled test maps before and ive deeply analyzed some of his games for map design purposes. Not to mention his ML performance. Expect some decisions he makes in game to be well above average when you assume he is hacking. His skills in COH are beyond contestation.
2. Its clear this deadbolt guy is a bad influence here and should be considered as such. Past actions are the only thing anyone has to understand what someone will do in the future, this isnt up for debate.
3. Seekings response to the technical stuff is interesting and as far as I can tell his innocence is in a grey area. I do appreciate the lengths he went to, to try to show his innocence, some people wouldnt put in that effort and that should be considered. But given that the integrity of the ML and community money is top priority for the organizers, a suspension isnt unreasonable at all. A ban would be overkill here but that isnt this.
4. Seekings response to the personal stuff. Grow up. I dont mean to be harsh here but if you want to be seen as a reasonable rational person with some virtue, posting personal stuff when people are heated is the wrong way to go. Im sure you and them were going back and forth and stuff was said on both sides but you wont prove your COH innocence by showing how angry people can get at their weak moments. I do understand that surely you are emotional as well so posting these private conversation should also be seen as a weak moment by Seeking, hopefully one for which he apologizes for if he hasnt already.
The ML has been remarkably well run all things considered. Players should feel comfortable that the community is making attempts at self policing and that after this situation im sure any future allegations will be handled with more care. AE and others have already expressed the need for a more formal process that can be relied on in times of crisis instead of adhoc attempted solutions.
AE I know your reading this and I'm sure youve learned a lot from this, that is your greatest strength is your willingness to learn and press on.
Seeking, buddy i know your reading this too, you should sit back, relax and wait to get back into ML after your suspension is over, its okay that this happened. Dont let it drive you to make any more bad decisions, stay away from any deadbolt related COH interactions. Rebound from this and you will be seen as the godplayer in ML before ya know it.
Ive been under extreme RL work stress in recent weeks and after reading this thread it occured to me that this community has been a haven for me since 2006. I dont much enjoy seeing people fighting like this but with community money and personal reputations at risk its understandable that emotions get high. This community will to continue to be a haven of mine because we have so many kickass people here who bust ass to make awesome things happen weather its in game or mods or tournies, dont forget that fact. If anyone wants to discuss any points made here feel free to PM me on steam.
This drama will end, lets all collectively allow it to and move on. And lets all enjoy some more great COH times with the new patch that landed and the new patch on the way.
"Mistakes are always forgivable if one has the courage to admit them"
Thread: Milkshake19 Mar 2021, 03:06 AM
18 Mar 2021, 20:43 PMCreativeName
In: Scrap Yard
Thread: New Maps, Buildings out of Territory 18 Mar 2021, 03:22 AM
Please see the following video where I explain the FHQ problem, I have more to say about this generally speaking, but this is a good place to get my overall opinion on FHQ: https://youtu.be/VgUM62vyzEQ?t=437
1. Note: I didnt get the opportunity to implement null sectors for buildings on all my maps in ladder (only ploiesti) as I stated in the video, at the time my plan was to do this on everything I created but outside circumstances prevented that.
2. If it were my choice all my maps would have null sectors on buildings. FHQ is broken that badly, it isnt up for debate, even after this recent patch. I have repeatedly pointed this out for years at this point. The balance team has ignored this for years so if they wont fix it, I will on my end where I can. Ideally the balance team would actually fix this ability and make it so a building OP can just be decapped by a squad, that has yet to happen.
Quality maps are, and always will be, my #1 priority.
3. Keep in mind the soviet FHQ ability still lets you make a little outpost if you cant FHQ a building, so tho the ability is still useful, it isnt terribly broken when FHQing an actual building.
If anyone has any more questions about this please let me know.
In: COH2 Gameplay
Thread: Sandbags nerfed enough? Nope11 Mar 2021, 14:46 PM
11 Mar 2021, 06:51 AMVipper
Understood, this ability breaks maps IMO. It limits what mappers can do from the perspective of having flexible design decisions because we cant really use anything that engineers can just destroy with this kind of ability. Its an aility that truly needs to be removed. This is also not a debate, its an unfortunate fact.
Not a single person that I'm aware of condiders the maps much, if at all, when considering faction design decisions. This is to no ones benefit.
In: COH2 Gameplay
Thread: Top level player allegedly maphacking in CoH2 11 Mar 2021, 14:42 PM
11 Mar 2021, 08:07 AMSander93
+1, I appreciate your perspective here and respect your conclusion. I skew a bit in the direction that there was probable cheating based on the evidence provided and do support the ML decision all things considered.