Login

russian armor

251HT replace OKW Infrared HT?

15 Oct 2019, 09:46 AM

Infrared HT bundle with IRstg be commander ability,3cp call in or build in T0
251HT for OKW design
Flamethrower upgrade only for FireStorm commander,bundle with Incendiary Munitions,increase to 2cp and increase upgrade time like UKF M5 HT
Vet 1 ,unlock Mobile Observation Post ability
like Ost new commander ability,but replace flare by 120 ammo deploy goliath
Vet2 and Vet3 same as Ost 251
Vet 4, add 3 medic when use Observation post ability
Vet 5, increase sight to 70 when stop moving 1.5s (same as spotting scope)
15 Oct 2019, 10:03 AM

Why would you lock the flamer upgrade behind a doctrine? If anything, this is the most attractive part of the unit and it synergizes perfectly with the flak ht which provides suppression allowing the flames to burn more effectively.
15 Oct 2019, 10:27 AM

Why would you lock the flamer upgrade behind a doctrine? If anything, this is the most attractive part of the unit and it synergizes perfectly with the flak ht which provides suppression allowing the flames to burn more effectively.

Emmm……normally,Ost build 251 need 10+40+20+30-20 (80)fuel,for OKW,it need 15+25+30-10 (60)fuel……no limit for Flamethrower 251 will too OP……and I also want same unit will different for Ost and OKW
15 Oct 2019, 19:38 PM

Or the 250 HT.

Maybe have it come unarmed with 3 upgrade paths?

1 for the MG42 and 1 for the Granatwerfer 34 mortar, and a reinforcement point or something?

Could be pretty unique and interesting.
15 Oct 2019, 19:38 PM

Emmm……normally,Ost build 251 need 10+40+20+30-20 (80)fuel,for OKW,it need 15+25+30-10 (60)fuel……no limit for Flamethrower 251 will too OP……and I also want same unit will different for Ost and OKW

A flamer that arrives a minute earlier is a bad idea. I'd like to see the IR HT reworked but don't think this is it. Since OKW can't build caches, something that increases resources and maybe locks down areas would be good. Even something similar to an ambulance would be okay.
15 Oct 2019, 19:41 PM

Or the 250 HT.

Maybe have it come unarmed with 3 upgrade paths?

1 for the MG42 and 1 for the Granatwerfer 34 mortar, and a reinforcement point or something?

Could be pretty unique and interesting.

Oh my god yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
15 Oct 2019, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 19:38 PMGrumpy

A flamer that arrives a minute earlier is a bad idea. I'd like to see the IR HT reworked but don't think this is it. Since OKW can't build caches, something that increases resources and maybe locks down areas would be good. Even something similar to an ambulance would be okay.

I've talked with Widerstreit (pretty good and well known modder on here, part of the Wikinger mod team now) and he said it's impossible to "fix" it.

That's pretty much the reason why nobody has touched it, because they simply can't, the unit's code is just bugged and requires a programmer from Relic to actually properly fix.

Also OKW already has the 223 that can lock down resource points so that's probably a no go on your 2nd idea as well.

But yeah a 250 could have an ambulance upgrade of some sort, I know the OKW 251 HT in the All Units mod has an ambulance upgrade that covers the entire top of the vehicle with the canvas and has a special skin for it as well with the medical red crosses, looks pretty nice if you ask me.
15 Oct 2019, 21:20 PM

We do not need more Flame HTs. I'm all for other ideas with halftracks, but we dont need more of the flamer variant imo
15 Oct 2019, 21:26 PM

how about new 250 half truck

that can upgrade to mg 34 , mortar half truck or AT half truck, similar to V coh ?

https://companyofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Light_AT_Halftrack

every upgrade would cost fuel and mp based on the path and add some more health
15 Oct 2019, 21:45 PM

that can upgrade to mg 34 , mortar half truck or AT half truck, similar to V coh ?

If that fits within their restrictions then I'd like that as a possibility.
16 Oct 2019, 06:51 AM

I've talked with Widerstreit (pretty good and well known modder on here, part of the Wikinger mod team now) and he said it's impossible to "fix" it.

That's pretty much the reason why nobody has touched it, because they simply can't, the unit's code is just bugged and requires a programmer from Relic to actually properly fix.

Also OKW already has the 223 that can lock down resource points so that's probably a no go on your 2nd idea as well.

If the unit is so bugged then the mod team should replace it in the next big patch. Battlegroup already is inferior to Mech. and a good way to make it a little bit more appealing would be the a 251 variant. OKW version could then get the ability to lay down tellers for example or a better mg vs. inf.
16 Oct 2019, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2019, 06:51 AMSmartie

If the unit is so bugged then the mod team should replace it in the next big patch. Battlegroup already is inferior to Mech. and a good way to make it a little bit more appealing would be the a 251 variant. OKW version could then get the ability to lay down tellers for example or a better mg vs. inf.

I've been saying the same exact thing for a long time now but yeah... I guess there's just more important things than fixing something completely broken.

Making it into an AT HT is impossible because of the model limitations, you can spawn in a Pak 40 on it if you wanted but it would need to be locked down and the wheels of the gun would still be sticking out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★