Login

russian armor

Grens UP & G43s suck

PAGES (13)down
3 Oct 2019, 09:28 AM

I'd increase cost to 60 muni and give like -10% RA bonus and -10% reinforcement cost. Would make them a bit more cost effective on their own, while making initial cost higher.

I'm happy to see a lot of great points made in this thread about how to make the g43s better. This one particularly made by derbyhat would in my mind fit the supposed role of g43s perfectly. I'm totally on the side of g43s getting their cost increased and getting a small buff if they remain at 2cp.

Another possible way to make them better without us seeing blobs of g43s that came to my mind would be to mirror the properties of other scoped axis weapons like JLI g43s and obers infra stgs: Just slightly boost the accuracy against units behind cover. Opponent would be punished for trying to engage in static warfare at medium range and would be forced to either advance to the short range or withdraw to gain more favourable engagement. This would finally make use of that dps on the move speciality as they could chase after the withdrawing units.
3 Oct 2019, 09:54 AM

I'm happy to see a lot of great points made in this thread about how to make the g43s better. This one particularly made by derbyhat would in my mind fit the supposed role of g43s perfectly. I'm totally on the side of g43s getting their cost increased and getting a small buff if they remain at 2cp.

Another possible way to make them better without us seeing blobs of g43s that came to my mind would be to mirror the properties of other scoped axis weapons like JLI g43s and obers infra stgs: Just slightly boost the accuracy against units behind cover. Opponent would be punished for trying to engage in static warfare at medium range and would be forced to either advance to the short range or withdraw to gain more favourable engagement. This would finally make use of that dps on the move speciality as they could chase after the withdrawing units.

+1 :)
3 Oct 2019, 10:07 AM

Additionally, Grenadiers should be able to build their own sandbags considering how much they rely on shooting from behind cover.
3 Oct 2019, 10:09 AM

Additionally, Grenadiers should be able to build their own cover considering how lackluster they are.

+1 (and especially after the arrival of Brits)
3 Oct 2019, 10:11 AM

+1 (and especially after the arrival of Brits)

Brits can build sandbags instantly and are much more powerful xD
3 Oct 2019, 10:11 AM

Additionally, Grenadiers should be able to build their own sandbags considering how much they rely on shooting from behind cover.

I think that none of the mainline infantry should be able to build sandbags/cover unless it's a commander feature. That should be left for pios and engineers.
3 Oct 2019, 10:13 AM

I think that none of the mainline infantry should be able to build sandbags/cover unless it's a commander feature. That should be left for pios and engineers.

That's another option , anything is better than the one sided matchups we have now to be honest.
3 Oct 2019, 10:16 AM

+1 (same with crit repairs - should be left to dedicated engineer units, for example)

...but since cons and IS build sandbags grens shouldn't be left like that (most importantly they are too predictably tied to map cover since pios are generally overworked).
3 Oct 2019, 11:02 AM

Tommies get penalties out of cover.
Cons are "supposed" to be defensive infantry, they have bad long range dps and large rec acc.
Volks are supposed to be self reliant due to lack of supportive units access.
^ That is sandbag reliance.

In contrast to that, grens aren't reliant for sandbags at all, same as rifles, therefore neither of them has access to stock sandbags. There is plenty of natural cover for them to benefit from.
3 Oct 2019, 11:04 AM

Tommies get penalties out of cover.

No (it's grens that have penalties all the time - no IS)
3 Oct 2019, 11:06 AM

No (it's grens that have penalties all the time - no IS)

Oh really?

Please then, feel free to list these penalties grens have. Which stats grens have reduced all the time? Because they are very solid squad, being the cheapest mainline in game right next to cons.

Because tommies have lower DPS and lower received accuracy out of cover.
3 Oct 2019, 11:08 AM

Oh really?

Please then, feel free to list these penalties grens have. Which stats grens have reduced all the time? Because they are very solid squad, being the cheapest mainline in game right next to cons.

Because tommies have lower DPS and lower received accuracy out of cover.

IS get boosts when in cover - stop twisting facts.
3 Oct 2019, 11:13 AM

3 Oct 2019, 11:15 AM

Because they are very solid squad

Ther are not - they are most fragile mainline infantry - voulnerable to snipers, indirect fire, etc., unable to crew weapons as effectively as their countrparts, and with little perspective to scale as well into late game as other mainline infantry units.
3 Oct 2019, 11:16 AM

the cup is half empty

the cup is half full

:romeoMug::romeoMug:
3 Oct 2019, 11:18 AM

It's just names for one thing - they get boosts in cover and are very potent out of it too. They can bolster without a doctrine, get lots of different weapons including at etc.

... and build sandbags.
3 Oct 2019, 11:20 AM

Ther are not - they are most fragile mainline infantry - voulnerable to snipers,

They are as durable as out of cover tommies and equally vulnerable to snipers. In fact, all infantries are vulnerable to snipers, snipers role is to bleed manpower.

indirect fire

That's incorrect as of latest patch.

unable to crew weapons as effectively as their countrparts

And have easiest and earliest access to on-field reinforcement vehicles, contrary to their counterparts who does not have one at all or its locked late in tech or doctrines.

and with little perspective to scale as well into late game as other mainline infantry units.

They scale very well for the cost and have very cost efficient upgrade.

What you don't seem to get is, they are NOT self reliant mainline, you ARE SUPPOSED TO support them with team weapons, snipers or reinforcement halftruck, if you don't support them, you play ost wrong.

Grens and cons are most balanced infantries in game as of latest changes to both.
3 Oct 2019, 11:23 AM

It's just names for one thing - they get boosts in cover and are very potent out of it too. They can bolster without a doctrine, get lots of different weapons including at etc.

... and build sandbags.

I thought it was hilarious when people were saying IS got penalities outside cover yet they still utterly wrecked axis infantry even without it. The bonus is just icing on the cake .
3 Oct 2019, 11:23 AM

I thought it was hilarious when people were saying IS got penalities outside cover yet they still utterly wrecked axis infantry even without it. The bonus is just icing on the cake .

+1 (exactly)
3 Oct 2019, 11:31 AM

It's definitely a sizeable penalty since the increased received accuracy out of cover change last patch.

Before that it was not such a big factor, maybe 10% dps lost. It was not enough of a penalty to stop big A-move blobs out of cover atleast.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS