13%
13%
State of: heavy tanks (Call-in)
Option Distribution Votes
44%
20%
24%
12%
State of: artillery (infantry based like mortars, call-ins included)
44%
32%
24%
0%
State of: artillery (vehicle based like Katjusha, call-ins included)
58%
17%
21%
4%
State of: tank destroyers
46%
21%
29%
4%
State of: support weapons
46%
8%
46%
0%
State of: Commander abilities (air strikes, off map artillery and utility)
33%
21%
42%
4%
State of: recon (both units and abilities)
29%
8%
58%
4%
Faction balance: Soviets
41%
15%
7%
33%
4%
Faction balance: Ostheer
67%
4%
19%
11%
0%
Faction balance: OKW
44%
11%
11%
30%
4%
Faction balance: USF
38%
41%
7%
14%
0%
Faction balance: Brits
30%
15%
37%
19%
0%
Side balance
59%
11%
15%
15%
Total votes: 507
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Sep 2019, 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Note ahead:

Do NOT turn this into a discussion thread!

Now with that said:

/restarted for better poll options. Sorry to everyone who has already voted.

I think barely anyone will doubt that the game has seen huge improvements over the last months regarding balance, most of this thanks to the continued support for the game by the balance team.
I figured that it might be best for them to maybe have a "compendium" to refer to, one poll where everyone can vote about how they feel about the general balance in the game.

Please do not turn this into a discussion thread because there will be absolutely no use. This thread basically covers all units in the game and discussions about that would turn into a complete mess.

It's hard to make a poll with real information value while still keeping the big picture, but if you feel that these options should be exchanged let me know.

Just vote about how you feel about the specific game aspect and write a short comment below if necessary. Discussions can be taken to specialized threads. Also sorry for the tons of questions :)
29 Sep 2019, 11:20 AM

You included mainline inf twice.

My 0.02£ is that the Soviet faction needs an overhaul. Currently it’s basically pre-Puma nerf Ostheer, a bunch of underpowered units such as the Conscripts, Maxims, SU76s, T34/76s, HM-38s, getting carried by absolutely amazing ones (Shocks, IS2s, Penals, T70s), and some good ones, bringing the faction to a good power level.

In the interest of making the faction much more enjoyable, I’d love to see more strats being made viable.
29 Sep 2019, 11:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

My 0.02£ is that the Soviet faction needs an overhaul. Currently it’s basically pre-Puma nerf Ostheer, a bunch of underpowered units such as the Conscripts, Maxims, SU76s, T34/76s, HM-38s, getting carried by absolutely amazing ones (Shocks, IS2s, Penals, T70s), and some good ones, bringing the faction to a good power level.

In the interest of making the faction much more enjoyable, I’d love to see more strats being made viable.

Yeah I just duplicated the options a few times, might have missed that.
Should not impair the poll
29 Sep 2019, 11:46 AM

i'm not answering poll from people who hide their stats. as far as i know you don't even play the game so your questions are most probl retarded.
29 Sep 2019, 11:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

i'm not answering poll from people who hide their stats. as far as i know you don't even play the game so your questions are most probl retarded.

There's no obligation to contribute. Just take your saltiness somewhere else.
I've also never actively hidden my stats and stated my rank in several posts. But that would now go too far off the topic.
29 Sep 2019, 14:34 PM

I voted small tweaks on mainline inf as the new sections seem shit-tier vs aggressive playstyles for some reason. About specific buffs here Im not sure but it would help a lot if assault tommies would become more attractive and accessible. Like a 0 CP 4men 0.8 RA callin squad with sten machinepistols and where u can buy thompsons.

Light vehicles Idk as this is obviously a 1v1 issue.

Vehicle arty is unbalanced imo. At vet 2 , rocket arty fires way too often and Priests are slightly overpriced atm.

Some commander abilities need tweaks, there is still 1click delete buttons like Wehr frag bombs or USF butterfly bombs. Impossible to dodge if you're on the corner of the map. And hold fire on Vehicles must stop pintlemount MGs from shooting at planes, it makes skillplanes way more powerful than they should be as it reveals the vehicle in FoW!

Some recon abilities need tweaks: USF recon plane (Tac Support doc) costs 80 instead of 60 and both Spec Ops flares and Brit flares (royal arty) are OP. Im not a fan either of certain 4man squads revealing MGs long before you enter the arc of fire but it is what it is... maybe give them the big sight range only if they stand still?
29 Sep 2019, 15:36 PM

Some recon abilities need tweaks: USF recon plane (Tac Support doc) costs 80 instead of 60.

It reveals like 3 times more area than the Soviet and Ostheer recon planes. It would be better to look at the M5 timing and suppression strafe performance on that doctrine, instead of making its recon plane cheaper.

The only recon plane that reveals more is the one for UKF and while that one costs 60 muni, it's tied to either the command vehicle or a forward HQ.
29 Sep 2019, 16:47 PM

It reveals like 3 times more area than the Soviet and Ostheer recon planes. It would be better to look at the M5 timing and suppression strafe performance on that doctrine, instead of making its recon plane cheaper.

The only recon plane that reveals more is the one for UKF and while that one costs 60 muni, it's tied to either the command vehicle or a forward HQ.

3 times more area really? Can you provide a picture please, Im too lazy to jump into cheat mod right now :snfPeter:

The suppression strafe has its use imo. It annihilates MGs behind cover and destroys stukas or panzerwerfers if the enemy doesnt react fast
29 Sep 2019, 19:46 PM

My 0.02£ is that the Soviet faction needs an overhaul. Currently it’s basically pre-Puma nerf Ostheer, a bunch of underpowered units such as the Conscripts, Maxims, SU76s.

Actually I think they are batshit OP. I have found great succes with them in 2v2 3v3 4v4. Dunno maybe just me with the Airborne SVT into fast SU-76
29 Sep 2019, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 19:46 PMJilet

Actually I think they are batshit OP. I have found great succes with them in 2v2 3v3 4v4. Dunno maybe just me with the Airborne SVT into fast SU-76

I’m honestly halfway there. Half the times they are amazing, the other half they are absolute dead weight. I honestly can’t explain it.

I’d much rather it be a unit that’s more consistent in what it gives you, right now it’s way too hit or miss, especially when it has to compete with the batshit OP af T70 and stalling for the IS2.
29 Sep 2019, 21:16 PM

My friends that play Brits complain about the sections getting run over whether in cover or not. It happens more with better players who play more aggressively.

When I play Soviet, I am annoyed by how many terrible or mediocre units it has.
The standard mortar is definitely worse than the Ost, much more than any price difference justifies.
The 120mm mortar rarely does anything. I've tried it several times and usually get around 10 kills with it. It went crazy once and got 25-30. In contrast, I often get 40+ with a Leig which is cheaper and has less pop cap.
Cons could use a small buff, maybe just a small price decrease (before the 7th man upgrade). I think they're okay after the upgrade.
The maxim either needs a slight improvement to its setup time, or a much wider arc. I'd rather have a wider arc.

OKW should be able to build caches. We're a long ways removed from the OKW that was initially released.
Ost still needs a 60 range TD on a lot of maps, even if it was a doctrinal JP4.
USF still has too limited access to a damage sponge, and if you get one that is doctrinal then you give up any kind of arty.
29 Sep 2019, 22:08 PM

yep t 34 so bad it can beat a unit that cost 1/3 more fuel

and obv the mortar is bad i mean it can only self spot and has 6 men while having same aoe as others
29 Sep 2019, 22:19 PM

yep t 34 so bad it can beat a unit that cost 1/3 more fuel

and obv the mortar is bad i mean it can only self spot and has 6 men while having same aoe as others

I respect your opinion. Even though it’s wrong,
30 Sep 2019, 00:56 AM

Ostheer: light vehicle need rebalancing so they are more in line with all other faction’s light vehicles in power and cost

USF: AA half track is too oppressive

OKW: Luchs is too strong compared to 222 (or 222 is too weak), Puma needs to come later

Sov: I don’t know

UKF: Bolster/Bren guns/PIAT need changing, Cromwell needs buffs
30 Sep 2019, 01:41 AM

Literally wot

What would happen if Ostheer was given the Luchs in t2

The tech costs are almost identical - 40fu + 15 fu = 55fuel Ost, 15fu + 45fu = 60 fuel OKW
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★