Login

russian armor

Redesigning OKW truck

27 Sep 2019, 17:36 PM

OKW started with a completely different design ( aggressive start weak mid and strong late game) and have seen a number of changes. One of the things that has not seen many changes is their tracks.

With the latest changes to USF tech and OKW early game imo one has to reevaluate OKW truck and their uses. These trucks at some point where used as forward bases for OKW to help control them.
Currently there is little reason to risk truck emplacement outside the base since the cost of losing truck (like access to weapons upgrades and access to to vehicles both doctrinal and stock is simply to high).

In previous patches one was paying for instance for the ability to reinforce from the medic truck which is completely useless if the truck is places in the base or for T4 gun which again sees little action if the track is placed in base.

My suggestions aim at pricing Trucks accordingly to use and making OKW tech tree more flexible with more tools in adjusting cost.

T1 truck:
Changes:
No longer reinforce
Now comes with medics
Unlocks only Leig
Reasons: OKW medic are simply over priced especially if one built the truck in base.

Upgrades:
Vehicle access (tech level 2):
Unlock the UHU and AA HT.
Reason this will allow the AA HT to balanced better and reduce some of its cost.

FRW now also unlocks reinforcement.
The FRW is simply overprices combined with the reinforcement it is better priced. So of the cost of medic could also be moved here it is necessary.

T2 Truck:
Changes:
Cost changed to be the same with the T1
No provides only access to the Puma

Reason: since HMG/weapons upgrades/ faust is tied to track having delay access to them by going t2 makes little sense. Puma will also help OKW in the AT department.

Upgrades:
Light tank access (tech level 2)
Now give access to the Luch. One can re-balance cost and time to built of the Luch.

Engineers
Now also provides access to the Stuka. More tools to better balance cost, tech cost and timing of the Stuka.

Truck T3
Provides access to Obers

Upgrades:
Vehicles authorization (tech level 2)
Now gives access to JP

Panzer authorization (tech level 3) giving access to PzIV and Panther.

AA Gun
The gun is separate upgrade but the gun can not be target by players and AA becomes a toggle mode.

Other changes:
Faust/Hmg34/RW requires truck built not set up.

Doctrinal weapons like ST44 and Fg42 require number of trucks or truck level 2 and not only Panzer Authorization.

Hezter/Ostwind are built from HQ and require tracks with certain tech level and not T4

Tech levels are unlock permanently and can not be lost. One can not lose access to JT (and other call-in).

These changes aim at better balancing OKW truck and adjusting cost according to the use a player makes.
27 Sep 2019, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I like the concept behind this idea, i would just make slight changes to it.

T1 Truck:
-Medic doesn't come for free. They cost 60 munition (equal to both OH/UKF bunker medic).

For the rest i agree.

T2:

If there are teching upgrades as with USF, T2 cost can be brought to be equal as T1. My only concern is how fast a Puma might arrive into the field when the fuel cost of the tier is brought down by 20f.

For consistency and simplicity sake, i think that a single upgrade for unlocking both P2 and Stuka should be made. Engineers are kept the same as now. Instead, if this kind of rework is possible, i would rather the Stuka be changed to work as a mortar HT with barrage only (flame kind) for the mid game and the HE shells be unlocked once the T3 is setup and some level of teching been unlocked. Then you could just upgrade the Stuka for a similar total cost as other rocket artillery.

T3:

Same as before.

Make the tier slightly more expensive than now and the upgrade slightly cheaper. Let the Obers, weapon upgrades and JPIV arrive with first stage. Some doctrinal vehicles at this stage as well.

IMO try to keep it a bit more simple. I also agree that the upgrades should not be lost, specially if you make the Schwerer slightly more expensive base instead of the teching upg.

27 Sep 2019, 19:21 PM

i feel like the okw flak building should NOT shoot as far or should NOT pinn units.
27 Sep 2019, 22:09 PM

...i would rather the Stuka be changed to work as a mortar HT with barrage only (flame kind) for the mid game and the HE shells be unlocked once the T3 is setup and some level of teching been unlocked. Then you could just upgrade the Stuka for a similar total cost as other rocket artillery.

I did not make suggestion on the units so I can keep on trucks, but I had a similar suggestion about the Stuka.
One could even try other thing like mortar half truck in truck ,2 stuka at truck 3 and ober at Hq.

But this has more do to do with balance and less with tracks designs.

My point here since OKW have less and less reason for aggressive track placement one should make it a choice for the player either to invest more and go for aggressive placement or spent less and use them as regular buildings.

One could even make some of these upgrades (like FRP/engineers/AA gun) cost more but also increase HP/armor of the track.
27 Sep 2019, 22:33 PM

I only wish they could just pack up and move like in the All Units Mod.
28 Sep 2019, 21:26 PM

Good design,but I hope JP4 move to T0,can build after panzer authorization and not lock when lost T3,and T3 build/upgrade fuel cost to 40/80
28 Sep 2019, 23:26 PM

These changes for T1 may be very useful in 1v1 but completely screw teamgames where the early forward reinforcement can be very important. Your changes would extremely delay that.

If people wanna improve the balance for the 1v1 tournament only, then just make a mod with such improvements and use the mod during tourney but dont destroy teamgames
29 Sep 2019, 17:47 PM

These changes for T1 may be very useful in 1v1 but completely screw teamgames where the early forward reinforcement can be very important. Your changes would extremely delay that.

If people wanna improve the balance for the 1v1 tournament only, then just make a mod with such improvements and use the mod during tourney but dont destroy teamgames

In that case reinforcement could replace the healing as an upgrade instead of being combined with the retreat point. The changes will matter little in teamgames but will have an impact in 1vs1.
29 Sep 2019, 17:53 PM

+1

Team games 2v2 and up are the only thing that interests me in this game.

I know 1v1 has its fans but I would rather watch paint dry. Always a pain when team games suffer the knock on effect of some change intended balance 1v1.
29 Sep 2019, 19:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 17:53 PMGrim

+1

yup and 90-95% of the CoH2 playerbase think the same way
29 Sep 2019, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 17:53 PMGrim

+1

I know 1v1 has its fans but I would rather watch paint dry. Always a pain when team games suffer the knock on effect of some change intended balance 1v1.
+1
3 Oct 2019, 20:44 PM

Another nerf,one day this faction will be removed.
3 Oct 2019, 23:43 PM

Luchs behind extra tech?

How about no?
4 Oct 2019, 10:27 AM

You are missing the point the total cost can remain the same or the luch can get a discount the point is that one will be able to set the T2 truck at the same time he can set up the T1 or that he would be able to back to t2 if he felt he need a Puma.

These changes aim to increase the versatility of OKW tech tree.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment