Login

russian armor

Grens need a tone down

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
21 Sep 2019, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2019, 10:44 AMKatitof

You're going to ignore the part where rifles overkill much more then LMGs ever did?

Comparing the damage per bullet between a burst weapon like the LMG and single shot weapon like a bolt action rifle to determine over kill is simply misleading. One can only compare the burst damage of the 2 weapons.

In addition the CD of the LMG-42 is longer than most bolt action rifles so it suffers on overkill more.
22 Sep 2019, 04:39 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

performance versus heavy cover (where alpha damage is a bit more important).

Why is that so?
23 Sep 2019, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2019, 07:40 AMA table
Grens are possibly in one of the best places regarding balance. I genuinely don't see how they are broken or even underpowered against allied infantry.

Yes they are the in the best place if all you play is Wehrmacht. Fallschrimjagers are in the best place if all you play is OKW.

The point is the devs just don't seem to know how to balance Axis infantry. I mean I don't know why people think you can have a situation where you have cheaper infantry that outpreform more expensive infantry. For example, just try having 3 or 4 Grenadier sqauds together and they will kill about any number of USF sqauds and if you have 3 that's only 720 MP and 180 munitions...thats peanuts as far as resources go. There is no point for allied infantry units to be more expensive if you're just going to make Axis infantry as good or better. It's the dumbest aspect I've seen on balance.
23 Sep 2019, 00:55 AM

It's CODGUY everyone, move along. He thought Kubel was overpowered vs. Scout Car last patch. Now Grenadiers, who haven't been touched for years, are OP.
Next up: Wehrmacht Pioneers should be removed from the game because they defeated his Shock Troopers.

Do you know where the problem lies?
23 Sep 2019, 12:04 PM

I never expected to read a post in this forum saying Grens are OP.
Grens are the weakest of the 5 core infantry, die like flies and are only semi-good when they are improved with the LMG (investing 60 MU).
23 Sep 2019, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 12:04 PMLeo251
I never expected to read a post in this forum saying Grens are OP.
Grens are the weakest of the 5 core infantry, die like flies and are only semi-good when they are improved with the LMG (investing 60 MU).

That means you weren't playing the game in 1st year, because I can't think of any other squad that was as powerful and utterly dominating as march deployment grens were :snfPeter:
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
Germany 25
France 19
Netherlands 4
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W