Login

russian armor

Start up call-ins

21 Sep 2019, 04:38 AM

I am interested in adding the WC51 & a Bren carrier to starting forces. (I have don halftracks & a scout car for the Germans & Soviets. No problem with the garrison of an engineer squad etc. The problem I have is that vehicles for UK & USA start inside their base & cant leave. I was thinking a call-in vehicle for them, but cant fathom how. (I am sure OKW used to have an SWS arrive.

Any ideas or insights would be appreciated.

I have tried army/start actions/spawn squad... but it either appears in the middle of the base or the middle of the map.
21 Sep 2019, 07:37 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is how the sws truck is spawned:
21 Sep 2019, 23:43 PM

Still not firing... thanks for the idea though.
22 Sep 2019, 14:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I accidentally used the wrong unit_type in this example. The unit_type (3rd row from the bottom) should be 'hq'.

Sorry :blush:
22 Sep 2019, 21:46 PM

I was on to that, it didn't work, I tried quite a few. Do you have working?
23 Sep 2019, 08:28 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Yes this image is from an ability in my mod.

Another idea: use the reinforcements_action directly in the action_apply from your hq, without the filter_action.

This will run every time the structure spawns or is rebuild though. You can put the action in a requirement_action which requires NOT a player upgrade. Then add that upgrade at the end of the action. That way it will only run once.
26 Sep 2019, 07:10 AM

Finally got it!

Had to tack it on in the HQ building to an action_apply/actions/delay/ & then add it after a scar function. It wouldn't work with out the scar???

Thanks for your help sir.
26 Sep 2019, 07:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Good job! Glad I could help :)
I guess that scar function sets the rally point, which is used as target point for the spawned squad.
30 Sep 2019, 05:59 AM

I see you have a mod that changes the US base. Salute!

I have made a Hungarian base stamp for a new mod I am working on, but am at a loss as how to get it in game. I have tried adding to data/art/stamps just like .apb files but no joy.

Should I be using a stamp or another method?
30 Sep 2019, 06:21 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Adding stamps is not possible as far has I know. I use an existing HQ which applies spawn_entity for all new objects. At the end the HQ will be deleted by a make_death action.
30 Sep 2019, 06:37 AM

OIC, I could see the Brit layout... is there a way to use the US base, but with Russian or ost heer buildings & not write over the US?

And thanks for your help as always. It takes me days trying 30 different ways to give up on the stone wall.
30 Sep 2019, 07:23 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think it should be possible, with a workaround. Set the US base stamper in army_ext. Then clone the 4 US tier structures. In action_apply, add a requirement_action that checks on the race. Then the action can spawn a new entity of your choice. At the end, with a delay of 0.1, kill the original US structure. You can use this for each structure and the US base should still work due the race check.
19 Oct 2019, 01:32 AM

I might need some of your pics to walk me through this if you are able. I confess to be struggling at this point. Trust you had a good week away.
19 Oct 2019, 08:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Start with changing the stamper:
All examples are from my usf base mod, so you need to use the US stamper instead of the Brit.

Then you want to edit all 4 usf base buildings like this:
You need to add a 'spawn_entity' action with your own Wehrmacht structure before the delay. And change the required race to Wehrmacht. That way the US won't change and the Wehrmacht starts with its own structures.

You need to think about the layout though, because the Wehrmacht structures are bigger and there are 5 of them. I have no idea how you want to fit them all in the US circle. But you can toy around with the x and z coordinates in spawn_entity to move them a little.
23 Oct 2019, 21:43 PM

Ta! I will keep fiddling... I think I enjoy mod'ing this game more than I enjoy playing it :D
29 Oct 2019, 00:57 AM

Got it going... couldn't have done it without you! Tanks. :P

Is there a way to delete some of the clutter from in the base, as in say delete some sandbags from around the OKW HQ truck etc?
29 Oct 2019, 09:47 AM
Master Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2019, 00:57 AMAdler
Got it going... couldn't have done it without you! Tanks. :P

Is there a way to delete some of the clutter from in the base, as in say delete some sandbags from around the OKW HQ truck etc?

You can't delete one sandbag. You would have to remove everything that is around it because it is a part of a stamper. To remove it jist go to the OKW hq and remove it from the action apply extention.
30 Oct 2019, 06:22 AM

Problem de jour... I am trying to replace the US MG nests with Flak.

When I spawn an entity, it appears in the correct spot, but doesn't load the sbps so I have an unusable placeholder.

If I spawn a squad... it appears slightly offset & blocks a valuable exit point to the US base.

I have tried everything, including trying to build an entity only flak.

Any pointers from the sages?

Image link https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9ooe56v0u7wsw1/hungarian_base.jpg?dl=0

30 Oct 2019, 07:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The best solution would be to use an entity only, without squad. You could try to clone the us mg nest, then change the blueprint_ext and combat_ext. I will also experiment with this to provide an useful answer ;)
31 Oct 2019, 20:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I created an entity only flak: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djxq4kaq7kdaqpl/flak_emplacement_entity.xml?dl=0

In short:
- removed the link in on_construction_squad
- added crew_ext
- removed recrewable_ext
- removed team_weapon_ext
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W