Login

russian armor

Tiger vs King Tiger.

17 Sep 2019, 21:13 PM

Hello, so I've been wondering now for a long time about this.

We have the KT and "Command" Tiger in the OKW now for a few good months so I've been interested in what people think about a comparison of the 2. Or a comparison of the Ost Tiger and OKW KT with the OKW "Command" Tiger being on a side note or something.

Stat wise comparison would be nice as well if somebody could provide them, I have the Mod Tools installed but I really have no idea on where to get all of the stats and so forth for both of the units.

I'm just interested in some opinions and constructive feedback on both and their use, for example Tiger is easier and cheaper to get but I think lacks the health and armor of the KT, however I remember me and sander having a discussion in the shoutbox some time ago and he told me that for balance reasons both tanks do almost the same damage to vehicles. I also think the Tiger does more damage to infantry or something?

That's about it, thanks in advance. Cheers.
19 Sep 2019, 16:17 PM

Tiger is cheaper and more mobile, fires faster, and is more accurate vs. Infantry.
Plus the Commander you get him with gives you the Artillery Commander as an upgrade.

Tiger is generally overall much better. It might have less health but being faster and being able to be repaired faster gives it a bunch of advantages. Plus with veterancy that thing just slaughters infantry. King is too vulnerable with its low mobility, and very taxing to repair.
19 Sep 2019, 16:40 PM

for example Tiger is easier and cheaper to get but I think lacks the health and armor of the KT, however I remember me and sander having a discussion in the shoutbox some time ago and he told me that for balance reasons both tanks do almost the same damage to vehicles. I also think the Tiger does more damage to infantry or something?

The Tiger II has 375 armor and 1280 health.
The Tiger has 300 armor and 1040 health.

The Tiger II deals 240 damage per shot while the Tiger deals only 160 damage per shot, so the Tiger II deals a lot more damage (its reload is only 1s worse) to vehicles. It also has larger AOE now. I think the Tiger is a bit better at sniping models while the Tiger II will deal 30-50% health damage to the entire squad per shot because of its larger AOE.

As for the overal performance of the units, the Tiger I is more of a Panther that can also damage infantry. It's better than the Tiger II in larger maps because of its higher mobility. The Tiger II is more tanky and deals more damage, but is a lot slower. It's best used on smaller maps where it can just stay in one area and can't get flanked easily.
19 Sep 2019, 16:48 PM

Don't forget about KT ability to lock gun in 90 degree con, it's very handy.
19 Sep 2019, 16:51 PM

The Tiger II deals 240 damage per shot while the Tiger deals only 160 damage per shot, so the Tiger II deals a lot more damage (its reload is only 1s worse) to vehicles. It also has larger AOE now. I think the Tiger is a bit better at sniping models while the Tiger II will deal 30-50% health damage to the entire squad per shot because of its larger AOE.

As for the overal performance of the units, the Tiger I is more of a Panther that can also damage infantry. It's better than the Tiger II in larger maps because of its higher mobility. The Tiger II is more tanky and deals more damage, but is a lot slower. It's best used on smaller maps where it can just stay in one area and can't get flanked easily.

On the other hand KT does not get any range vet bonus and it is always out-ranged by 15 while Tiger goes up to 50 at vet 2. And Tiger has lower XP value.
19 Sep 2019, 17:52 PM

I believe it was range that we argued about actually and not the damage if I remember correctly, still tho thanks for the stat numbers.

So in conclusion, the Tiger is overall better than the KT, including it's range being better? Hot damn.

I mean I really don't see the KT is anything other than a slow but heavy and well armored punching bag then. Of course it punches back, hard, but at that price... Idk.
19 Sep 2019, 22:14 PM

I think the Tiger II is in a great spot rn. Only thing i’d change is a tiny bit more armour for slihtly lower repair speeds.
19 Sep 2019, 23:00 PM

I think the Tiger II is in a great spot rn. Only thing i’d change is a tiny bit more armour for slihtly lower repair speeds.

I would say Blitzkrieg being a Vet 1 ability again as well.

It along with smoke are something like the "bread and butter" of German Armor basically from my observations.

German tanks are almost always out-gunned (by Allied TDs at least) and out-numbered so they need these "crutch" abilities as some call them in order to be effective or at least survive.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★