Login

russian armor

Inaccurate Efficiency Stats?

13 Sep 2019, 02:05 AM

Hi all,
I recently played a game in which I was USF and my Stuart tank survived until the end, racking up quite a bit of damage and kills along the way. My Stuart tank saw far more action than my M26 Pershing tank and as a result, the Stuart tank actually had slightly more damage dealt not only against vehicles but also against infantry; in total, the Stuart had slightly more cumulative damage overall than the Pershing. However, at the end of the game, the Stuart received an efficiency rating of approximately 129%, while the Pershing received an efficiency rating of approximately 230%. How is this possible? The Stuart costs far less resources than the Pershing, and the Stuart actually did more overall damage than the Pershing and also slightly more in each category (vehicles as well as infantry). I believe the efficiency calculator may be bugged. The game was played on Sept. 11th at around 9pm EST.
Thanks in advance if someone can correct this.
13 Sep 2019, 14:20 PM

Hi all,
I recently played a game in which I was USF and my Stuart tank survived until the end, racking up quite a bit of damage and kills along the way. My Stuart tank saw far more action than my M26 Pershing tank and as a result, the Stuart tank actually had slightly more damage dealt not only against vehicles but also against infantry; in total, the Stuart had slightly more cumulative damage overall than the Pershing. However, at the end of the game, the Stuart received an efficiency rating of approximately 129%, while the Pershing received an efficiency rating of approximately 230%. How is this possible? The Stuart costs far less resources than the Pershing, and the Stuart actually did more overall damage than the Pershing and also slightly more in each category (vehicles as well as infantry). I believe the efficiency calculator may be bugged. The game was played on Sept. 11th at around 9pm EST.
Thanks in advance if someone can correct this.

Everyone saw this topic, nobody bothered to reply so here is my attempt:

I don't know how the efficiency is calculated, but based on my observations, if you exit vehicle as USF it counts almost the same for efficiency rating as if you lost the vehicle. All USF vahicles, except for those that you can't exit, always have low efficiency due to ability to exit and repair being used by a player.

Also nobody really cares about efficiency rating, it's an epeen thing, so just ignore it, especially as USF.

/thread
13 Sep 2019, 15:09 PM

The stuart may have taken more damage (which is not reported) and that could affect your results. To my understanding damage taken is compared with damage dealt for the efficiency number.

I would also add the damage dealt statistic in the results screen is a made up number with no inherent meaning.

Say you shoot a scout car to death which has 190 hp with sturmpioneers. The game will say you did something like 470 damage to vehicles, which is obviously impossible.
13 Sep 2019, 15:29 PM

The calculation is inaccurate since it takes into account also damage to the surroundings.
13 Sep 2019, 15:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Efficiency is super simple, it compares damage value to the cost of the unit.

Your stuart was probably doing all of its damage to cheap early game infantry and light vehicles. That pershing was shooting expensive 120 fuel tanks, which counts as a lot more "value."

TBH efficiency is not relevant at all, it's too inaccurate and doesn't represent the actual value of a unit. Just ignore it.
13 Sep 2019, 16:51 PM

The stuart may have taken more damage (which is not reported) and that could affect your results. To my understanding damage taken is compared with damage dealt for the efficiency number.

I would also add the damage dealt statistic in the results screen is a made up number with no inherent meaning.

Say you shoot a scout car to death which has 190 hp with sturmpioneers. The game will say you did something like 470 damage to vehicles, which is obviously impossible.

Both the efficiency stat and damage don't seem to work correctly. It does seem like it uses a multiplier for vehicle damage. The USF vehicle efficiency's normally seem really low.

I think the end of match stats were an interesting idea but it ran into problems when confronted with decrew/recrews/captures, etc. The number of kills and losses does seem to work correctly except for the occasional "teamkill" by an ambulance. A lot of times I think it tells a more accurate story of what happens. Most of the time if you have a terrible KDR, you probably also lost the game. (I did have one game as Soviet where I lost over 400 models including 9 T34's and still won, but those are rare and the stats were a little misleading because the 260 kills included 3 Elefants plus a bunch of other armor.)

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 15
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment