September patch some thoughts for 3v3 and 4v4 Team games

Agree ?
Option Distribution Votes
0%
100%
Total votes: 13
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Sep 2019, 14:35 PM

As a player focusing on 4v4 and some times 3v3 here are some thoughts after seeing the new patch out:

as I play only germans, here are the thoughts:

OKW is in Teamgames, especially in 3v3 and 4v4 really focused on holding 1 fuel or it gets in heavy trouble. Since USF gets now buffs for close and mid range it will get harder to stop the blob in the early game. So OKW will need more then ever help from the rest of the team to hold the fuel. also maxim gets buffed, the cancer to OKW.

Due to the "nerf" on the overwatch doc I dont see any use for the comm panther now. Seriously, who will call in this now after und need to spend 120 extra fuel to get it ? they should decrease the fuel for it or it is completely useless in team games because it is just a rich item. Also Jagdtiger got range nerf, which makes it more useless then 2 TD`s.

The buffs for Fallschirms and Feuersturm doc are good but instantly gets rekt lmao. Blitz already moved to 3 CP, come on USF and brits have better med already, why is OKW not allowed.......

Finally the brit bob gets nerved, it was a pain to get rekt late and mid game by brit blobs running through map without cover and nothing could stop them following by fireflys. on the other side, USF which already has also a hard blob gets buffed which is just insane.

what to expect for the coming days in 3vs3 and 4v4 ?

- more USF players joining the game, with more blobs followed by super Pershing
- Brits spamming more tanks with snipers and less inf
- painfull maxim spam with kv1 which got buffed
- okw falls spamming or feuerstrum Pio spamming with flames
- ost more using t2, g43 still useless
12 Sep 2019, 19:06 PM

g43 still useless

That's not true tho.

On Pgrens i can kind of understand, but on Grenadiers they are a very usefull upgrade. Getting to fire on the move is actually really great(as the LMG42 doesn't give that advantage), and getting 2-3 grens with G43's could really pay out if you manage to keep them alive until vet3.
12 Sep 2019, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2019, 19:06 PMA table

That's not true tho.

On Pgrens i can kind of understand, but on Grenadiers they are a very usefull upgrade. Getting to fire on the move is actually really great(as the LMG42 doesn't give that advantage), and getting 2-3 grens with G43's could really pay out if you manage to keep them alive until vet3.

you will quite loose to everything with upgraded gun, especially usf and brits.

btw, as expected, today playing vs team:

Dima
CSI:Stalinrad
Aracur
Joe

and here we go, 2 USF, 1 Brit, 1 Udssr

what we can see ? Usf mortar and inf spam + pershings, brit buffed tanks, udssr maxim spam and t34. now stop this team with this strategy in 4v4 when they push u with tanks and offmap arty. gl :)

and the new okw reworked at gun is just some kind of buggy, it does hit tanks (no bounce) but they dont loose hp....
12 Sep 2019, 23:12 PM

Totally disagree, 100%, on Spec Ops. Best doctrine for OKW in teamgames. Flares to spot for your 2-3 stukas and cmd panther with another panther to hunt down damaged tanks, arty or flankers. Radio silence is also fantastic for flanking, and nades can get you wipes.

The “point” of the cmd panther is it can mark target vehicle and provide sight bonus, as well as other bonuses with vet. Absolutely worth teching to T4.
12 Sep 2019, 23:28 PM

Totally disagree, 100%, on Spec Ops. Best doctrine for OKW in teamgames. Flares to spot for your 2-3 stukas and cmd panther with another panther to hunt down damaged tanks, arty or flankers. Radio silence is also fantastic for flanking, and nades can get you wipes.

The “point” of the cmd panther is it can mark target vehicle and provide sight bonus, as well as other bonuses with vet. Absolutely worth teching to T4.

agreed, but that was before patch....... now before getting a comm panth i put the fuel in 2 other tanks which i get 1) faster on field 2) better dmg 3) dont have to wait extreme long time for tank
12 Sep 2019, 23:32 PM

agreed, but that was before patch....... now before getting a comm panth i put the fuel in 2 other tanks which i get 1) faster on field 2) better dmg 3) dont have to wait extreme long time for tank

2 other tanks? Command Panther isn’t 300 fuel. It’s a great upgrade for the extra fuel compared to a regular panther.
13 Sep 2019, 06:27 AM

2 other tanks? Command Panther isn’t 300 fuel. It’s a great upgrade for the extra fuel compared to a regular panther.

Nope, 225 + 120 = 345 fuel

With 225 fuel u get jagdpanzer and a puma. So here is exactly the problem. The good think before patch was u hsd not ti build t4 to call him and thst was the main reason to use him
13 Sep 2019, 12:44 PM

With 225 fuel u get jagdpanzer and a puma

For the record, the Command Panther cost was changed to 200 fuel, so it's barely more expensive than a regular Panther now.
13 Sep 2019, 14:12 PM

For the record, the Command Panther cost was changed to 200 fuel, so it's barely more expensive than a regular Panther now.

That’s a laughable bargain, 15 fuel above a panther and you get mark vehicle and insane vet bonus auras.
13 Sep 2019, 14:20 PM

That’s a laughable bargain, 15 fuel above a panther and you get mark vehicle and insane vet bonus auras.

The trade off is that it doesn't really get any good combat veterancy bonuses for itself, so it's arguably worse than a regular Panther unless there's a huge army for it to support (with its aura) because it doesn't really scale. If it wasn't for its 50 sight range I'd even argue it could be around 185 fuel like a regular Panther.
13 Sep 2019, 14:20 PM

nah a bargain would be paying 30 more fuel u get 1 more shell hp, 55 more armor, 50% more penetration and better scatter
13 Sep 2019, 14:23 PM

The trade off is that it doesn't get any combat veterancy bonuses for itself (beyond the armor skirts), so it's arguably worse than a regular Panther unless there's a huge army for it to support (with its aura) because it doesn't really scale.

I get the logic, but in all honesty I rarely ever got a panther above vet3 in teamgames with so much firepower around, so the vet0 mark target and sight from the cmd panther is a huge benefit.

I can see why this is more balanced in 1v1s though.
13 Sep 2019, 14:24 PM

nah a bargain would be paying 30 more fuel u get 1 more shell hp, 55 more armor, 50% more penetration and better scatter

Or 40 extra fuel to get a proper tank that doesn’t die to 4 shots and can penetrate enemy armour:
14 Sep 2019, 13:27 PM

what to expect for the coming days in 3vs3 and 4v4 ?

- more USF players joining the game, with more blobs followed by super Pershing
- Brits spamming more tanks with snipers and less inf
- okw falls spamming or feuerstrum Pio spamming with flames
- ost more using t2, g43 still useless

-Faction Playerbase is always changing, people often play either allied or axis, a faction receiving buff is good because it was not being played enough
-Patches ago, brit tanks were lame, so its a good sign to see more of them. Axis still has great armor to face them.
-It is not spam if there is only 2 of them... Kv1 is good but not unbeatable, now with the Tech bound is far more under control
-fallshimjaeger spamm is like saying 'i want to loose with only one big AoE explosion'
-Ost is already using T2 and G43 are far from useless
15 Sep 2019, 21:29 PM

if youre playing as OKW and are having trouble against the maxim this is most likely your fault not the game...

and lo and behold the explanation

as I play only germans,
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight