Login

russian armor

What commander abilities do need adjustments?

31 Aug 2019, 12:06 PM

Hi, I wanted to ask you about commander abilities that you think could use some tweaking.

Let me start, I think that the single IL2 Sturmovik Attack from the Advanced Warfare commander is pretty bad. For 90 MU you get a plane attack with the cannons that deals low suppression and some damage if it hits infantry. The problem is that it's pretty difficult to hit with this ability, so most of the time it's just wasted 90 MU.

USF has a similar P47 Strafing Run in Tactical Support Company for 125 MU. That one deals similar damage and more suppression than the IL2 Sturmovik Attack but suffers from the same problem of being difficult to hit and easy to dodge for it's price (damage-wise, as the suppression AOE still works ok even if you miss).

OST Assault Support doctrine also has a similar Strafing Run which deals insignificant damage but excellent suppression and costs only 60 MU. With this ability you can pin the infantry even if you miss the strafe. I think that being able to cause pin on demand is very good value for 60 MU, even if the strafe itself deals no damage.

Imho P47 Strafing Run > OST Strafing Run > IL2 Sturmovik Attack

Hitting target with strafe ability is very difficult, so missing and still being able to suppress infantry is a much better feature in my opinion.

I would suggest changing the price of these abilities to better reflect their usefulness:
- P47 Strafing Run 80 MU (from 125) as it is the strongest of the listed abilities but still overpriced
- OST Strafing Run 60 MU (no change) as one can reliably pin infantry with this ability
- IL2 Sturmovik Attack 60 MU (from 90) as it has the worst suppression and it's difficult to hit with

If you decide to follow and comment on my example or present your own matters not. This is a topic open to all kinds of commander abilities suggestions. I just find it sad that these strafes cannot be used more often because of their expensive pricing. Also ability spam can be prevented with ability cooldown.

Hope to see a healthy discussion.
31 Aug 2019, 12:29 PM

The inf pin strafe of the assault support doc cosrs 160 mun not 60 mun.
31 Aug 2019, 13:46 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The IL2 Advance warfare strafing has been bugged or not working as intended for years.

It has tracking problems not aligned with what the UI shows, making the performance heavily different from what it is expected.
31 Aug 2019, 13:48 PM

The Brit Vanguard glider needs its random crashland chance reworked
20 Sep 2019, 13:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 12:29 PMSmartie
The inf pin strafe of the assault support doc cosrs 160 mun not 60 mun.

Sorry, I have mistaken it with the single pin strafe from another doc with MU/FU drop. That one is 60 and is the one I had on my mind.

The IL2 Advance warfare strafing has been bugged or not working as intended for years.

It has tracking problems not aligned with what the UI shows, making the performance heavily different from what it is expected.

Replacing the IL2 strafe of Advanced Warfare with the Maduro IL2 Rocket Strafe could bring Advanced Warfare to meta maybe.

Also sorry for soft necro. Still, I believe there are more commander abilities that need looking into like OST Puma from Mobile Defense, strafes mentioned before and infiltration commandos with their insane cost of 440MP for fully reinforced squad. Furthermore I believe that USF smoke drop could be adjusted from 50MU to 40MU like the stuka recon with smoke bombs.

Latest patch already addressed some abilities like time on target reliability as howitzer counter, KV-1 AI performance, assault guards, fire up, opel blitz, spotting scopes, ISG incendiary barrage, blob officer, no-longer-sector arty of breakthrough commander and SOV defense doctrine, which I am extremely thankful for.

Let me know if you're looking forward to any particular commander ability changes in the future. Reading forums recently, I noticed that the topic of timed accuracy/sprint buffs was discussed. If you'd like to have these or other abilities changed, please share your ideas.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★