Login

russian armor

Advice appreciated

28 Aug 2019, 22:52 PM

Hey guys, I thought i should give it a try here. I would like some advice on what went wrong in this 2v2 game. I think I did a good enough job, maybe you're gonna tell me something else. Be honest, don't spare anything.

PS: We held out for quite some time, 1h 15' to be exact.
29 Aug 2019, 01:01 AM

Immediately what jumps out to me, is that your ally ignored half the map for almost the entire game and the OKW player ended up floating 2k manpower for most of it.

For you, As soviets or really any faction on that map you should build light vehicles such as the m3a1 scout car. It would let you be a lot more aggressive and mobile. You and your ally seemed content to hold 2 vps but you ceded most of the resources on the map to the other team without much resistance. You guys seemed to camp that resource point with almost no strategic value. For a long time. You should always agressively go after the fuel and your opponents cutoff. That map is too big to play defensively on as evidenced by the OKW player floating so much manpower.

I would also recommend getting a sniper if you are opposing a campy Ostheer player and you have gone tier 1. You had tons of manpower to do so in the midgame, backteching to t2 is quite useful as soviets when you can afford it for at guns.

TLDR; get more aggressive on a map that big, build light vehicles asap, spend your manpower.
29 Aug 2019, 08:05 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Moved to Replay Reviews
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment