Login

russian armor

The Leaver Problem

23 Aug 2019, 13:38 PM

I'm sure we've all experienced this many times. Either a teammate or an enemy leaves in the first 5 min of the match, and the game collapses.
At first I was happy to take a free win, or accept the lose and move on. But now, nearly every 3rd game someone leaves prematurely (a rough average, sometimes it's alot more frequent).

The purpose of this post is to discuss potential realistic solutions for the problem of early leavers. Personally I'd throw my hat into the "leaver que" system, where repeat leavers (e.g. leaves pre-10 min) are forced to wait an artificial amount of time before being allowed back into the regular que. For example, a 10 min wait over 5 games.
If such a system where to be in place, we would also need something to recognise afk players and autokick them.

That being said, I'd greatly value input from any of the mods, as if this idea is simply impossible, it would be useful to know what could otherwise be done.

If nothing can be done with current tools, then it's incumbent on us as a community to petition Lelic to release better modding tools. Coh2 still ranks on the top 100 most played games on steam (according to steam charts) and does not deserve to be relegated to maintenance mode.
23 Aug 2019, 13:48 PM

it's been 5 year i don't think they will fix it now
23 Aug 2019, 13:52 PM

you know whats even worse than a leaver? somebody that refuses to leave and then destroys your base with at guns because he doesn't like the way the match played out
23 Aug 2019, 14:53 PM

Agreed, we also need a kick button and other community managing options in the game.

I had 2 days in a row that people leave 9 out of 10 games, I mean sure 1 or 2 might have crashed, but the rest? There is always a single guy.
23 Aug 2019, 15:25 PM

I think Stug Life is correct on this one. Relic would have to put a lot of programming effort into it and there is no payback at this point.

Also, could Relic tell the difference between a bugsplat and an intentional early leave?

PS - you could make your odds better by getting a group of friends and playing with them. At least your team would just have bugsplats or disconnects.
23 Aug 2019, 16:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

2V2 with a team mate is very stable apart from an occasional bugsplat.

Community management would be nice, at leasta report system should have been implemented years ago. But we did not get that. And we also won't. I highly doubt that Relic will put any more effort into this game than maintaining servers for the community. CoH2 is just too old now
23 Aug 2019, 18:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lobby for this feature once CoH3 is announced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★