Login

russian armor

Rear Echelon, to be more supportive and viable ?

26 Aug 2019, 14:47 PM

I'm not sure why you're so fixated on fixing a unit that isn't broken.

RETs are a cheap Engineer squad like Pios or Combat Engineers. They upgrade into anti-tank squads or cheap combat infantry.
26 Aug 2019, 16:01 PM

It is not about fixing a unit. I am just interested in making a unit which I would like to choose more willingly.

At the moment, I do not ever really pick Rear Echelons, as much as I want to. Which is why I dont find USF that much fun, especially OKW (but the next Patch will fix that).

I mean Riflemen is good but I want to be able to at least pick Rear Echelons more often every now and then.

If I talk about currently Wehr, SU and UKF, those engineers are worth purchasing, even having more than 3 of those units would be fine in terms of combat, support and effectiveness where as for OKW and USF, picking usually another Sturmpio or Engineer will usually cost you greatly which is not nice at all.

The September patch, which I am glad provides OKW's Sturmpio with a proper scaling combat performance will see fit for combat more often, it is a great change. At least something that I would be able to choose more willingly.

Rear Echelons, I still think is problematic, they are cheap but not too effective enough either. There should be some incentive in order to choose Rear Echelons more willingly, something which I could pick rather than something I can not because of the consequences I will suffer from picking it.
26 Aug 2019, 16:05 PM

They're engineer units. You're not meant to be able to mainline them.
26 Aug 2019, 16:49 PM

Not to make them as mainline.

To use them effectively enough as a means of support.
26 Aug 2019, 17:54 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

To use them effectively enough as a means of support.

The 'Volley Fire' ability does just that.
27 Aug 2019, 03:06 AM

Volley Fire is the defining Skill for Rear Echelon Troops however it is kind of lacklaster and could use an improvement,however you don't want it to be like when USF first came out and it instantly surpressed squads at the start of the game.

I suggest that Volley Fire scale with veterancy.

For Example :

Vet 1 Volley Fire : +40% received accuracy, -50% accuracy
Vet 2 Volley Fire : +20% received accuracy, -35% accuracy
Vet 3 Volley Fire : +0% received accuracy, -20% accuracy
27 Aug 2019, 03:40 AM

Both not great ideas IMO. Just doesn't really make sense to me. IMO REs just suffer from being really aggressively mediocre at all ranges, which leads to them being unable to win any real fights ever since they'll get out-DPS'd in some situation in all situations (except for maybe like pios charging from max range towards stationary echelons).
27 Aug 2019, 05:56 AM

It is not about fixing a unit. I am just interested in making a unit which I would like to choose more willingly.

At the moment, I do not ever really pick Rear Echelons, as much as I want to. Which is why I dont find USF that much fun, especially OKW (but the next Patch will fix that).

I mean Riflemen is good but I want to be able to at least pick Rear Echelons more often every now and then.

If I talk about currently Wehr, SU and UKF, those engineers are worth purchasing, even having more than 3 of those units would be fine in terms of combat, support and effectiveness where as for OKW and USF, picking usually another Sturmpio or Engineer will usually cost you greatly which is not nice at all.

The September patch, which I am glad provides OKW's Sturmpio with a proper scaling combat performance will see fit for combat more often, it is a great change. At least something that I would be able to choose more willingly.

Rear Echelons, I still think is problematic, they are cheap but not too effective enough either. There should be some incentive in order to choose Rear Echelons more willingly, something which I could pick rather than something I can not because of the consequences I will suffer from picking it.

all other factions needs pios...cause you know..they cant repair their armor by the own crew...thats why
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★