Login

russian armor

Still worth investing time and energy into COH2?

26 Oct 2013, 00:04 AM

Ok thanks for your soapbox there but I don't care about vcoh, I do like doctrines (adding content over time imho keeps game play fresh, and people paying for that content lets the devs keep working to support the game) and I am largely happy with the game play. I also own the collector's edition and don't feel ripped off.

Ironically, my biggest issue is people like you who do virtually nothing but drag the tone of the community down and whine about vcoh.

Ah well.

Actually I feel like I've got what I needed out of this thread and since the past couple posts have mostly been a soapbox for people to whine about vcoh, I was wondering if perhaps a mod could lock this thread? It's gone from inspiring me to stay to causing me to face palm over all the narrowmindwed vcoh hatred and negativity.
26 Oct 2013, 00:42 AM

The US campaign is great at 2006, and still good in today's standard.
26 Oct 2013, 02:20 AM
Coder Red Badge

In my opinion most of the posts in this thread have been well thought-out. I don't see any reason to close this thread really, this discussion will happen regardless.
26 Oct 2013, 02:44 AM

I feel like you're confusing negativity and hatred with disappointment; disappointment that is well-justified. Perhaps, it was a bit narrow-minded of coh veterans to expect a product of vcoh's caliber, considering THQ's demise, but that's it, really. If coh1 players were so negative about coh2, then you wouldn't be seeing sites like this and events like SNF being run by coh1 players. I hope you realize that the so-called "negativity" you're experiencing on this site is largely due to the passion and dedication people have for this game.
26 Oct 2013, 03:13 AM

Come beta, the game felt very much like that, but there were tentative issues with some of the features that seemed as if they were simplified or removed from the core of vCoH both gameplay wise and online game-wise: Linear commander choices instead of doctrines, the whole bulletins thing, no fixed start locations on maps, no custom lobbies, no random faction choice, to name some. And this is placing all balancing issues aside (especially as far as competitive gameplay goes). The reality that it was only in beta kept spirits high for the game: these will be resolved by release. None of them were, and the only real changes that occurred in multiplayer between beta to release were minor balancing of artillery stats and Flame HT reload rate.

And since release nothing has changed for multiplayer beyond minor tweaking of unit stats, and the introduction of paid DLC commanders (a continuation of a game feature that's been dubious from the start.) Very few maps have been made since release, and those that were were clones of maps that were already from vCoH. There's been continuous and extensive development for the single player side of the game, but it's my guess that very few people who preordered the game were that interested in singleplayer gameplay. And the number of people who preordered appears to have been no small number, considering SEGA sued Valve for almost a million dollars of preorder assets back in July.

I would note they have addressed issues like the crazy upkeep of closed beta and the lack of map vetoes (and I think the map pool has expanded at a basically reasonable rate for 1v1), so I'm optimistic about the prospects of them filling out the game's feature list eventually. I'm hoping a combination of a substantial patch and a good SNF season will do wonders for the meta.

I agree the handling of paid DLC and CE customers could have been much better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★