Login

russian armor

M-20 sideskirts cost too much

14 Aug 2019, 10:19 AM

With even a conservatively timed decrew, it easily does more than that.

Of course it is and I'm fine with the crew with zook but I feel this unit being really hard to learn for new players and if you have bad micro. Wooping out of the M20 in the right spot, using the smoke, ground attack are not so easy to learn commands for every players.

On another note, I think my main point is that the m20's durability often doesn't matter. It's most effectively used (after its initial ~2 minute shock window) as infantry harassment on the sidelines (read: against lone capping squads), scouting, and minelaying - none of these jobs really require it to be durable in any sense. Its best defensive qualities are its excellent speed and its smoke, both of which reinforce its utility angle even more. Skirts do allow for slightly more aggressive play and can ease the repair burden slightly, but they're by no means necessary for it to shine in most of its roles. It's called a utility car, and it's one of the few vehicles in the game that I would say actually fulfills that role while not also being a generic "drive around wiping stuff" vehicle, owing to its limited shock window and poor performance against most other vehicles (being at the bottom of the food chain of the actual vehicles out there). It's a utility vehicle, and you're pushed to use it as one, basically.

Of course though, this is just my understanding of the unit. Players will use this unit differently, and if the general opinion seems to be that it needs a change regarding its skirts upgrade then that should speak for itself. That said, I don't quite get that impression right now.

I use the M20 much more aggressively and quite often goes for the pfaust in exchange for a higher damage delivery to the squad. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But yeah the skirt is really needed for me.

14 Aug 2019, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 03:20 AMCODGUY

It gets counted by any light vehicle besides a Kubelwagon. It gets snared in ome hit and can't 1v1 any mainline infantry unit as a result. I never...NEVER bother to build this unit.

It has a mine and a zook. The fact that it can't 1v1 lights makes them cocky. Think outside the box. The game isn't (or shouldnt) simply be raw stats vs raw stats. Hell I have it on good authority that sprint alone makes up for a 10-30% difference in DPS. So a zook and mines and superior Los and self healing are certainly enough given its cost.

Also if you are getting snared with the m20 you are using it wrong and it mihht be why you are unsatisfied. It's not a heavy tank, it's an armored car. Harass, don't try and exploit the point blank mechanic.
14 Aug 2019, 11:45 AM

Side note I like how there are people who do and don't use the upgrade depending on how they use the unit. Imo that's the sign of a GOOD design. It's not a no Brainer, despite the benifit it brings as depending on how you tackle the unit it might not be necessary. Beautiful.
14 Aug 2019, 15:25 PM

Side note I like how there are people who do and don't use the upgrade depending on how they use the unit. Imo that's the sign of a GOOD design. It's not a no Brainer, despite the benifit it brings as depending on how you tackle the unit it might not be necessary. Beautiful.

I use these often. They do really well against flanks on MG's, harassing opposing MG's that aren't supported, and have good AA at vet 2/3. Upgrading the skirts always seems like a judgement call. My biggest knock against it would be that it costs 20 fuel for the unlock and 20 fuel for the unit so I'm paying more for it than a 222, and then have to spend munitions on skirts.

I don't have a strong opinion on the bazooka. I sometimes save the M20 by decrewing but not often.
14 Aug 2019, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 15:25 PMGrumpy

I use these often. They do really well against flanks on MG's, harassing opposing MG's that aren't supported, and have good AA at vet 2/3. Upgrading the skirts always seems like a judgement call. My biggest knock against it would be that it costs 20 fuel for the unlock and 20 fuel for the unit so I'm paying more for it than a 222, and then have to spend munitions on skirts.

I don't have a strong opinion on the bazooka. I sometimes save the M20 by decrewing but not often.

Agreed that the new tech hurts it slightly. I think my favorite thing about the zook is that you know you will lose the m20 at some point, it's just a matter of when and if you are in a position to save the crew, you can scuttle the m20 to deny its juicy mines but also the crew has a use aside from just repair and back capping. It for me, just means that even if I lose the m20, it's not always a comple loss as I now have a bit more AT and can still stuff them into a vehicle later, hopefully vetted without losing too much. But that's just me.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★