Login

russian armor

70 ammo for just 1 Panzerschreck still, Why?

12 Aug 2019, 23:31 PM

Why is it still a thing, it being that ridiculously priced.

Why I even mention this? It is because I think it should be fixed because it does not qualify at all for costing 70 ammo.

I think by now, the Devs or the game should have been fixed this particular issue already by now. I mean, it is quite obvious, is it not?

Even then, I would like to have at least another alternative, another AT option, to use with the utmost effect but apparently I do not see any reason why I should invest at all in 1 Pzshrek for 70 ammo. Especially when I am limited to 1 only!

What I am talking about, it concerns Sturmpiooners, the OKW faction. Make a hotfix, wont take much effort to conclude since it is quite self-explanatory and to adjust for something that small yet important for the outcome and balance of this game.

It would make sense if they could holster the Zook for 70 ammo, it would totally make so much sense but they don't.

Plz adjust the price accordingly, immediately or soon. I have been mentioning this before and yet nothing has been done about it thus far! I would say 50 ammo ought to be right!
12 Aug 2019, 23:56 PM

I would say 50 ammo ought to be right!

They should price the Pzshrek and Bazooka according to their respective performance.....oh,wait. They already have.

13 Aug 2019, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2019, 23:56 PMGrim

They should price the Pzshrek and Bazooka according to their respective performance.....oh,wait. They already have.

No, they have not. There is no reason why 1 limited schreck should cost 70 ammo at all!

Especially when you can not decide for any other unit to acquire it. For that, it should be 50 ammo.

Otherwise all factions Zooks and Schrecks should cost 70 ammo each since that would be adjusted respectively to their performance.

This is clearly not adjusted respectively!

13 Aug 2019, 00:35 AM

If you want double shreks as okw use panzerfuss

Its just how sturms are currently balanced, similar to how royal engies need to wait for anvil tech to repair as fast as sturms do out the gate. Are royal engies UP because of this? No, it's just the way they are balanced and are better or worse in certain areas.

Considering we had roaming volk shrek blobs for years most players are against cheap spammable shreks for obvious reasons. The alpha damage and pen makes it a lot more lethal than zooks with blob cheese
13 Aug 2019, 00:44 AM

British Royal Engineers provides better quality as it has more means to provide essential duties.

Especially when they can take on most roles decently when the Sturmpio can not as it is currently balanced out now.

Royal Engineers are the best Engineers in my opinion since they are a more self-sustaining unit and more of a competent combat unit especially when they can acquire 5th man on top of every purchasable and upgradable acquirements making them much more overall superior in contrast.

Sturmpio just deserves to have at least the price of 1 Panzerschreck reduced to 50 ammo. That is all and just so that it has a choice.

I mean, is it not already far more superior for Royal Engineer to acquire 1 Piat for 50 ammo or 2 even when they have snares.

When Sturmpios dont!
13 Aug 2019, 00:53 AM

A single panzersheck is never going to cost as much as a single Zook.

It just won't. It is a strictly superior weapon.
13 Aug 2019, 01:48 AM

Shrek is perfect at that cost. It has insane performance compared to allied AT. If it costed as much as a zook they would need to reduce the zook cost.
13 Aug 2019, 01:51 AM

Since when single Zook = single Shreck ? LUL
Like @SuperHansFan said, if u need Tank Hunter, use PF.
Single Handheld AT is not mean to hard counter LV.
13 Aug 2019, 03:02 AM

No, they have not. There is no reason why 1 limited schreck should cost 70 ammo at all!

Especially when you can not decide for any other unit to acquire it. For that, it should be 50 ammo.

Otherwise all factions Zooks and Schrecks should cost 70 ammo each since that would be adjusted respectively to their performance.

This is clearly not adjusted respectively!

With that in mind, why is the 30. cal for the USF 70 ammo when the MG-42 LMG on grens are 60? but the LMG 42 is wayyyyy better. Relic will never use logic, plus grens upgrade on the field and usf at base
13 Aug 2019, 07:17 AM

The problem is, that you have no other option (instad of Püppchen). Panzerbüchsen or something else would be great, so it would be easier to outplay clown cars etc.
13 Aug 2019, 07:25 AM

It was 90 before, 70 now. However, let us say we reduce it to 65, which somehow sounds far more reasonable than 70. The new pricing of 65 is only 15 munitions more than a bazooka, for which you need to tech. 20 munitions is already stretching it. However, the 50 price for bazookas is merely to prevent them from being spammed insanely much if you ask me.
13 Aug 2019, 08:18 AM

*Looks at Wehr Stormtrooper's 75 muni schreck*
(tho i guess the free camo they come with justifies it)

A bit unrelated question: was volk schreck really that bad? (even the bulletin is still there) I mean coming from wehrmacht I immediately missed the non-doctrinal schreck PGs, main reason why I pick the PF doctrines most of the times (while almost always putting mine detector on sturms for faster repairs). Wouldn't locking out Stg44 upgrade make the return of single schreck upgrade justifiable?
I'm just asking, I haven't experienced what it was like before.

(also, I guess it's 70 muni for sturms for the very important and useful cold immunity it comes with :P )
13 Aug 2019, 10:32 AM

A bit unrelated question: was volk schreck really that bad? (even the bulletin is still there) I mean coming from wehrmacht I immediately missed the non-doctrinal schreck PGs, main reason why I pick the PF doctrines most of the times (while almost always putting mine detector on sturms for faster repairs). Wouldn't locking out Stg44 upgrade make the return of single schreck upgrade justifiable?

(also, I guess it's 70 muni for sturms for the very important and useful cold immunity it comes with :P )

It was, but it was compounded by several other factors.

The five levels of vet used to have a more impressive combat bonus.
Hitting a vehicle with a shreck used to be enough vet to jump a whole level for volksgrens.
There was no Mg34 for OKW to invest in

It was a combination of dumb. But I still think that handing shrecks out to the freely available mainlines with snares is a bad call unless its doctrinal. Too easy to focus into early AI vehicles and let the infantry pick up the slack.
13 Aug 2019, 10:48 AM

With that in mind, why is the 30. cal for the USF 70 ammo when the MG-42 LMG on grens are 60? but the LMG 42 is wayyyyy better. Relic will never use logic, plus grens upgrade on the field and usf at base

Well, that is another issue that should be fixed. Both should cost the same or the USF LMG made slightly cheaper than MG42.

13 Aug 2019, 10:59 AM

Pretty true.

I mean it would make sense for it costing 70 ammo for 1 Pzschreck if Sturmpio had one of the following features.
- Has Camo
- Has Snare (AT nade to stun vehicles)

But since it has neither to make it a potent at all AT unit, it should be 50 or 60 ammo. Especially when it is only Sturmpio that can acquire it. Thus it is a justified change. It is limited to having 1 only anyway, so reducing its price wont hurt unless they acquire it on any unit available which can not.

Here is a simple direct comparison. Take Royal Engineers. 1 Piat with them is already way superior because they have snare in combination.

Same with Penals which costs 60 ammo. Their DPS is almost 2 twice as much as the Sturmpio Pzschreck which is incomparable and incomprehenisble. Pzschreck must be lowered in prices for more reasons than not.

Including USF faction which can be dominant in handeld AT if you pick Riflemen in combination.

70 ammo is just ridiculous. It deserves a price decrease. At max 60 ammo and lower. That is what it deserves at least for having no outside accessories to make it a stronger unit.

If no price change. Make it able to holster it at least since 70 is heck a lot and deserves something more out of it rather than huge loss in performance which it currently experiences. It really needs changes.
13 Aug 2019, 11:27 AM

Hitting a vehicle with a shreck used to be enough vet to jump a whole level for volksgrens.

It was a combination of dumb. But I still think that handing shrecks out to the freely available mainlines with snares is a bad call unless its doctrinal. Too easy to focus into early AI vehicles and let the infantry pick up the slack.

Hmm, I wonder how it would work out now with the less impressive combat bonuses. A schreck upgrade for volks would lock out stg44 and also remove faust. I'm just playing around with this idea, cuz all other factions have AT available to their main line infantry, while OKW has it only on the sturms, that are a bit expensive to be used in larger numbers.

70 ammo is just ridiculous. It deserves a price decrease. At max 60 ammo and lower. That is what it deserves at least for having no outside accessories to make it a stronger unit.

Ya, 60 sounds more reasonable imo, considering that sturm spam generally doesn't pay off.

Checked stats, they are roughly identical to lmg42 in rifleman hands. My guess is that it costs 70, cuz you can give it to any infantry in any numbers, while grens get only one (unless they get lucky finding an another one).
13 Aug 2019, 14:10 PM

The problem is, that you have no other option (instad of Püppchen). Panzerbüchsen or something else would be great, so it would be easier to outplay clown cars etc.

It would make more sense to give them captured PTRS upgrade as new models or guns are not being added. the axis captured large numbers of these and then put them into service.

Anyone who has played red orchestra 2 will see this
13 Aug 2019, 14:17 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

My understanding of why the single pschreck is bad is because it deals 120 damage on penetration, which means in order for it to be worthwhile over the raketen which deals 160 damage, you need some kind of follow up to the schreck, be it another schreck shot, which requires a reload, or a snare. Without any follow up, it will still take 4 rak shots to kill a medium tank, and 3 rak shots for a light. It simply doesn't do enough on its own fast enough. Also being on the sturm sqaud which is expensive, is a semi combat unit, your sweeper, your mine layer and your repairs make it just another burden on that unit.

Just saying, volks didn't have snares back then. They only got them when screcks were removed. And pfusi isn't supposed to have snares with double schrecks. So there isn't a squad in the game that is supposed to have schrecks and snares. But yes, schrecks + snare is dumb.
13 Aug 2019, 14:31 PM

It would make more sense to give them captured PTRS upgrade as new models or guns are not being added. the axis captured large numbers of these and then put them into service.

Anyone who has played red orchestra 2 will see this

On the eastern front maybe?

So there isn't a squad in the game that is supposed to have schrecks and snares. But yes, schrecks + snare is dumb.

Tank hunter partisans, AT conscripts, also penals, sort of
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS