Login

russian armor

Final patch just need to rebalance resources?

5 Aug 2019, 12:20 PM

I think we are one patch away before relic give up.
Would it better to concentrate this last effort to just shake up the mp/fuel/ammo and popcap costs?

Say if we make Jackson more expensive and that's it. Just an example, there other cheese units to rework their costs.

Performance, abilities, i think we are at the point of maturity, no need to throw them about to test changes
5 Aug 2019, 12:56 PM

Relic can't give up because Relic are not doing anything, there's just 2 guys at the most overseeing the community development of the game, that's it. At least I think that as long as people are willing to work on the game, from the community, that they will keep updating it.

And no balance patch will be the last, balance and gameplay design have seen a massive improvement since the community take over I would say but still, it's obvious that as human beings mistakes still happen, it's inevitable, nobody is perfect and nobody can 100% predict with certainty the future or what will happen if we do x or y.

As far as performance and stability goes, I think they're at an abysmal state now, I've had plenty of crashes and lag spikes where the game gets mini-heart attacks every second for about a minute or so so your screen just moves in spikes until somebody drops or somehow the game catches up, only yesterday I experienced 2 crashes near each other.

But I can't and won't blame the community team for it because it's obvious they don't have access to the game's source code in order to make optimizations and stability improvements and even if they did then comes the question, why would they since they're making the patches off of their free time anyhow.

This is of course just my opinion and it's entirely subjective, I'm just speaking my mind on it. Personally I wish for them to keep working on the game, I'd help them in any way possible if I could but right now the most I could do is just suggest new ideas.
5 Aug 2019, 13:09 PM

Sorry by performance i was meaning to say in game units performance and not game engine.
5 Aug 2019, 13:23 PM

Ah, the secret diaguised nerf jackson thread. Well hidden in an innocent looking leading question.

I mostly agree with Soldier anyway. The community has more or less adopted the game now. Until we see CoH3, patches will keep trickling through.
5 Aug 2019, 21:34 PM

I think we are one patch away before relic give up.
Would it better to concentrate this last effort to just shake up the mp/fuel/ammo and popcap costs?

Say if we make Jackson more expensive and that's it. Just an example, there other cheese units to rework their costs.

Performance, abilities, i think we are at the point of maturity, no need to throw them about to test changes

Great idea!
We could also put Panther at 200+ fuel, so people will stop spamming them in team games.
6 Aug 2019, 03:40 AM

Great idea!
We could also put Panther at 200+ fuel, so people will stop spamming them in team games.

Well what else can they build? Panzer4s? You can’t close a 20 range gap. StuGs? Their lack of a turret and anti infantry make them bad. Elephants? Allied users already complain about those. Tigers? Not enough anti tank for the price, and a 15 range gap.

6 Aug 2019, 03:57 AM

Well what else can they build? Panzer4s? You can’t close a 20 range gap. StuGs? Their lack of a turret and anti infantry make them bad. Elephants? Allied users already complain about those. Tigers? Not enough anti tank for the price, and a 15 range gap.

An AT gun lul. Why you'd use solely another tank to fight a tank destroyer is beyond me.

Or just make an elefant and profit. It's not illegal and it basically takes TDs out of the game.
12 Aug 2019, 05:02 AM

Ah, the secret diaguised nerf jackson thread. Well hidden in an innocent looking leading question.

I mostly agree with Soldier anyway. The community has more or less adopted the game now. Until we see CoH3, patches will keep trickling through.

Dont get me wrong, but i highlight Jackson because it is performing too well for its cost.
There are some units could do with cheaper cost like Comet.
https://www.coh2.org/topic/91653/panther-armor-rebalance

Ultimately you want balance team to relook from the top level.
Previous patches have always lock out certain units sections from changes.
Right now, i watch lots of top level plays, and i feel we have settled into a mature abilities, do we need to tweak units stats anymore? Why not try rebalancing all unit costs and see again.
12 Aug 2019, 06:09 AM

Great idea!

I have no idea how many times this needs to be explained but the Panther is not a tank destroyer, so this sad comparison is utterly moot. It amazes me how people just refuse to compare the Jackson to the Firefly or Jagdpanzer iv as it should be.

As for the idea of only changing costs and not performance, I don't think that's a very good idea at all. It would be much better for the game for units like the Jackson to be brought in line instead of a price increase to match it's absurd performance. Changing prices alters the arrival times of units and takes away some flexability when it comes to choosing what to buy.
12 Aug 2019, 06:50 AM
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS