Login

russian armor

Should USF/UKF have non doc 160hp rocket arty?

Should USF/UKF have non-doc rocket artillery?
Option Distribution Votes
18%
82%
Total votes: 22
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Jul 2019, 17:02 PM

?Many? People complained about the lack of conventional rocket artillery for USF/UKF, as the Caliope/ Land mattress serve as more area denial weapons

An idea to give them 160HP rocket artillery was to give them both “Command half tracks” that cost 85fu 360mp that can call in free Rocket strafes/Bombing runs on long cooldowns.

The loud drone of the plane engine would serve as a warning that the strike is coming and the command half track would appear on the minimap

Anyway I thought i’d bring this idea I saw awhile ago and liked.

If these were added as non doctrinal units what would have to be changed for USF/UKF to be balanced with them?
30 Jul 2019, 17:22 PM

Rocket artillery is for cracking AT walls.

Do USF and UKF struggle with this?
30 Jul 2019, 17:36 PM

Problem not in rocket arty as are. Problem in long range AI tools. Do you think USF and UKF don't have them?
USF have Scotch, UKF have red smoke arty barrage and allmighty IS blobs with brens. If you will add nondoc rocket arty then such units and abilities should moved to commanders or be seriously nerfed.
I think in fact this will be huge nerf, because for diving panther much easier to kill katy than scotch or IS squads.
1 Aug 2019, 00:31 AM

?Many? People complained about the lack of conventional rocket artillery for USF/UKF, as the Caliope/ Land mattress serve as more area denial weapons

An idea to give them 160HP rocket artillery was to give them both “Command half tracks” that cost 85fu 360mp that can call in free Rocket strafes/Bombing runs on long cooldowns.

The loud drone of the plane engine would serve as a warning that the strike is coming and the command half track would appear on the minimap

Anyway I thought i’d bring this idea I saw awhile ago and liked.

If these were added as non doctrinal units what would have to be changed for USF/UKF to be balanced with them?

I think this is actually a better idea for a new doctrinal unit than a non-doctrinal one. Maybe a commander that allows the normal M3 halftrack to be built and then upgraded to this capability.
1 Aug 2019, 06:48 AM

Yeah...more indirect fire for allies....
1 Aug 2019, 13:36 PM

I'd just give the option to the Calliope to be able to switch to it's main gun to be honest, like in the All Units mod and the KV-8 in vanilla to make it more worthwhile cause I still don't see it as often as the Priest.

But yeah, I don't think the Land Mattress or the Calliope should be in the base package of the Allied Armies, I have no idea why the OKW, Ost and Sovs also have them either, should all be doctrinal in my opinion.

That makes me wonder why the Wehrmacht in CoH also had the Nebelwerfer and walking Stuka again, they were basically the only ones with non-doc rocket artillery.
1 Aug 2019, 22:30 PM

I play USF more often than any other faction and would put the need for additional arty options at the very last of my wishlist. Power creep has made rifles not trade well against anything in the early to mid game. USF doesn't have a good counter to a sniper before it gets enough fuel to unlock the M20, and even then it is more of a soft counter than a hard counter. I'd really like the start of the game more balance, particularly against OKW (which seems a worse matchup than OST at the start), and then a more accessible sniper counter.

When I play either OST or OKW, if the game goes long, it already feels like a shitstorm of arty and isn't fun. Adding additional arty won't help.
1 Aug 2019, 22:33 PM

I'd just give the option to the Calliope to be able to switch to it's main gun to be honest, like in the All Units mod and the KV-8 in vanilla to make it more worthwhile cause I still don't see it as often as the Priest.

But yeah, I don't think the Land Mattress or the Calliope should be in the base package of the Allied Armies, I have no idea why the OKW, Ost and Sovs also have them either, should all be doctrinal in my opinion.

That makes me wonder why the Wehrmacht in CoH also had the Nebelwerfer and walking Stuka again, they were basically the only ones with non-doc rocket artillery.

Seems like this would be a pretty good buff, but should come with long cooldown when switching, and possibly a price increase. I don't know if it's needed. At a minimum, it should have use of its MG's.
2 Aug 2019, 06:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm against giving rocket arty to those factions. USF has enough indirect fire. And while UKF could need it, I don't want all factions to have the same options and play almost the same. The base arty is cheap and good if you manage to sneak a unit into throwing range. Let's rather change what they already have instead of giving every faction more and more stuff
2 Aug 2019, 06:36 AM

Wehrmacht also didn't have the wonderful 105 and they had to go up against emplacements. And free trenches.
2 Aug 2019, 06:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2019, 22:30 PMGrumpy
I play USF more often than any other faction and would put the need for additional arty options at the very last of my wishlist. Power creep has made rifles not trade well against anything in the early to mid game. USF doesn't have a good counter to a sniper before it gets enough fuel to unlock the M20, and even then it is more of a soft counter than a hard counter. I'd really like the start of the game more balance, particularly against OKW (which seems a worse matchup than OST at the start), and then a more accessible sniper counter.

I have very bad news for you - late game arty couldn't help you in early-midgame. It also couldn't counter in early-mid game snipers.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 06:36 AMKoRneY

Wehrmacht also didn't have the wonderful 105 and they had to go up against emplacements. And free trenches.

You about brummbar? Or doctrinal howitzer? Trenches now could be occupied by any units not only brits as it was earlier. Use flamers under smoke or mortars to make sitting in trenches less profit to your enemy.
2 Aug 2019, 07:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 06:36 AMKoRneY

True but the Wehrmacht was created before the Brits, and they had a 105, just not in the campaign. You could see the LefH18 emplacement in the 3 part mini campaign in Tales of Valor. Could have probably put it in the defensive doctrine or something.
2 Aug 2019, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2019, 06:47 AMMaret

I have very bad news for you - late game arty couldn't help you in early-midgame. It also couldn't counter in early-mid game snipers.

You about brummbar? Or doctrinal howitzer? Trenches now could be occupied by any units not only brits as it was earlier. Use flamers under smoke or mortars to make sitting in trenches less profit to your enemy.

I'm talking about the original CoH, sir.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★