Login

russian armor

Any news about COH 3 ???

12 Jul 2019, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2019, 09:11 AMSpanky
In my eyes, CoH1 and CoH2 have both been a success, the community is still strong after 7 years, you can find matches fairly quick etc. So I see no reason why relic wouldn't want to give it another shot and perhaps it has already begun.

'member when they gave another shot with DoW3?
DoW1 and 2 are still played and active, given both ride on mods exclusively, but still.

I just wish devs knew when to innovate and when not to.

Relic got way ahead of themselves with DoW3, innovating for the sake of innovation and made a title that intended to appeal to both playerbases of previous DoWs and at the end appealed to no one, while Blizzard prefers to make such a baby steps with innovations that they don't improve on anything else then graphics and in fact, overall they just fall in regression(how after WC3 they made a massive step back for SC2 is beyond me, especially since they STILL are going back to the past with SC:BW now and WC3 lolforged).
13 Jul 2019, 01:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I didn't bring DoW3 into this, but now that you mentioned it, you can't argue that it was a big lesson for relic.
13 Jul 2019, 03:52 AM

For coh3, i hope they work hard on 2 factions, give a good mapped out plan for units progression and scaling, make them asymmetrical, keep the multiple layers of stats variables to tweak. Focus more on tactical positioning/retreat rather insta-2-3 seconds wipes.

We are in need of an upgraded game engine, one to make use of 8 cores cpu, rams and 4K/HDR!
But im afriad Sega will not provide the budget.
Im also fearful Relic will cut down on the available units variables, cost saving on balance.

MS may buy out relic and force them to port to consoles.
So unless we get coh1/2 stats variables with plenty more options, please dont bother.

A dumb down coh3 will flop harder than dow3. Coh is as hardcore PC audience as can be.
13 Jul 2019, 05:16 AM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm not sure why people are so pessimistic?

Relic is hiring staff! Relic has a relatively new office!

The way I see it, a small team — perhaps no more than four people — are working with CoH2 on a full time basis. The AoE 4 team is hard at work and they're getting microsoft $$ so they can take their sweet time.

I've heard of people speaking about an Age of Empires 3 remake so, barring issues with that, AoE 4 should come out after that! AoE 2 is coming out this fall so we'll hear something about AoE at the end of this year or sometime next year!

But my question is...what else could Relic be working on? Based on the hints we've received, I think it can only be a new CoH game. They wouldn't get a new HQ and put out applications for new staff if they're cutting entire teams and only have enough staff to take on 1.5 projects at a time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★