Login

russian armor

Will there be a major rework or balance for OKW?

2 Jul 2019, 16:22 PM

Many threads have discussed this issue.
Art flares with Walking Stuka and Call-in command Panthers making this commander almost invincible in 4v4.
2 Storm pioneers openning being too deadly in certain map, but the shercks upgrade is too expensive.
Stg44 upgrade for Volks making them a good combat units at all range rather than a long range combat units with extreme cost efficiency in early game. Let alone it can be upgraded in enemy territory.
Ostwind is useless as M10 when they both have to be built with T4.
Raks are chessy…
So, will there be a rework?
2 Jul 2019, 16:36 PM

When will the IRHT be removed?
2 Jul 2019, 20:15 PM

Yes, about 4 years ago, you're late to the party.
2 Jul 2019, 20:48 PM

I dunno but I really hope so

There is so much wrong with this faction and its certainly currently the worst designed one:

-Sturmpios being OP as a starting unit but then, making second ones usually not viable later+ the first ones rarely scale well

-Kubel having low health meaning it sucks at scouting later on and doesnt scale at all

-Volks are way too cost effective early on, but kinda fall off late game

-Raketten, low survival-ability and reliability compensated by a cheesy and AIDS stealth abilities

-MG34 is mostly fine, though blobs still often snipe it really well (ofc thats true for all MGs except for the 42) I really hope the trademark weakness of low damage stays

Forward Medical HQ became almost non-viable due to the FRP nerf and more importantly, power creep of all indirect fire

-IRHT is cancer, constant sight over 80% of an average sized map with very little user input... and I though the old T70 was bad
-Flak HT is one of the few units that is quite fine
-Leigs are OP in a pair, but one is too weak…

The repair HQ itself is fine

- Luchs maybe comes too early, though if it does, all other armored LVs do (which I think is the case) otherwise fine

-Puma is one of my favourite and most fun to play with units… that being said, accuracy buff, even if it means compensatory nefr elsewhere would be good

-Stuka is a terribly designed rocket arty. Basically a long long time ago, there was a huge issue with a so called "precision shot" ability on some artilerries, which was a miss or wipe kinda thing. That got removed and now this thing is basically six precision shots in a row.
So its kinda bad versus blobs, but excels at deleting single units and especially support weapons

The Flak HQ probably should get a slight buff to that AA ability, otherwise fine

- P4 is fine

- Jagdpanzer is fine. Its the least cost-efficient TD upon arrival, but absolutely molests everything armored once it vets up. Interesting assymetry and very fun to play with past the Vet0-1 stage

- Panthers mostly fine, though maybe too good at chasing weaker vehicles

- Obers probably come too late

Doctrinal bullpudding like cover ignoring Jagers with G43, all-mighty offmap flares and OP LEFHs are just icing on cake

If I think off all this in a chain (+ of my own experience):

The faction is disgustingly OP in the first minutes of a match, which is really terribad in 1vs1-in teamgames, its quite a lot easier to mitigate that

Once the match gets past the beggining, they begin to suffer from lack of flexibility due to the tech system. Going Repair HQ means a huge strain on ammo, due to crats based healing. Medical HQ means givin up on the so cruciall ofensive and maneuvarable power. Both means quite a nasty vulnerability to quick rushed heavies and premium mediums

Overall it kinda feels like the -proven to be terrible- deisgn of early game power spike falling off later has remained, while other factions are mostly movin away from that BS

Also the shifts in the meta have not helped at all. Pressing on with highly agressive units and balsy flanks behind enemy lines (which they are extremely good at) are nowadays much less viable than digging behind a wall of support weapons and atritioning the boxed-in enemy with indirect fire or snipers (which they dont do well at most of the time, unless very specific build orders are chosen)

Blast, what an essay I´ve written
Gonna edit later with list of ideas on improvements

If CoH2 is to get a farewell gift before they give up even on community updates, it better be a rework of OKW
2 Jul 2019, 22:04 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Sure.

The community balance team will OP even more OKW (especially for team games).

2 Jul 2019, 23:46 PM

At least I think ostwind and flamepanzer back to call in but need T4 to unlock……
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★