Login

russian armor

Problems of flanking tanks

21 Jun 2019, 11:04 AM

The strategy of flanking a tank in this game is quite hard.
Difficult flanking can lead to many problems.
TD's long-range out-boxing is incredibly powerful, making Heavy TDs too powerful in 3v3 games or 4v4 games.
On the other hand, a mobile TD like the m10 makes it very difficult to use.
This is for several reasons.

1. Engine damage becomes very easy.
- In general, in terms of attempting flanking, maneuverability is a very important factor. Therefore, it is difficult to flanking at the same time as the infantry, and tanks often operate alone. Even with infantry and combined arms, it is difficult to quickly remove enemy infantry before causing engine damage. Only a mistake, the tank that receives engine damage during flanking is almost certainly destroyed. During the flank, you must avoid enemy infantry, mines, and anti-tank guns and bypass them, easily blocked by CAS skills. While it is extremely risky, the probability of success is very low.

2. The backward speed of the tanks is very fast.
- As is the case with real history, most tanks have very slow backward speeds compared to forward speeds. However, CoH2 does not make a big difference. This makes it easy to respond to flanking; You just have to move back a long distance.
This also makes it easier for the tank to retreat in a frontal battle. Even if you make a mistake on the enemy's front, you can just back off quickly. This makes relatively frontal combat easier and reduces the value of flanking.

I would therefore like to suggest these changes.

1. Change the effect of engine damage.
- Engine damage reduces the backward speed significantly, instead of reducing the forward speed less.
This will cause the vehicle that receives the engine damage to choose one of them; Will you give me a rear armor, or will the enemy make it much easier to pursue?

2. Lower the HP causing engine damage.
- Current trams are subject to engine damage if they are below 75% HP. This creates a condition where engine damage can be achieved if one penetrates through the medium tanks. I think that improving this will make flanking more active.

I want to hear your opinion.
21 Jun 2019, 11:12 AM

Just one on the very long list of reasons why this is beyond horrible idea:
Infantry crushing.
21 Jun 2019, 11:19 AM

As far as I know there is only 1 speed for vehicles. The engine does not support forward and backward speeds.
21 Jun 2019, 11:28 AM

The balance is not made for teamgames, and it cannot be. It's simply too different of a gamemode compared to 1v1. Even 2v2 is already pushing it. 4v4 and 3v3 are sandbox gamemodes designed for shits and giggles.
21 Jun 2019, 12:44 PM

If you lower the snare threshold, a medium tank needs to take two hits before it can be snared instead of one.

It'd be a pretty hefty nerf to snares, reducing the ability of mainlines to zone tanks and therefore reducing the power of AT guns as a vehicle counter.

That would in turn make comebacks harder as medium tanks could snowball more easily.
21 Jun 2019, 12:48 PM

I would mind testing creating a "flank tank" type vehicle with low penetration ROF long range but much better stats the closer it gets.

It could also have lower snare threshold, better rear armor, fast rotating turret but the crush human part would have to be removed.

Candidates could be T-34/76, M10, Puma.
21 Jun 2019, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2019, 11:28 AMDomine
The balance is not made for teamgames, and it cannot be. It's simply too different of a gamemode compared to 1v1. Even 2v2 is already pushing it. 4v4 and 3v3 are sandbox gamemodes designed for shits and giggles.
4v4 is most played game mode so u should know this is the reason why this game is still alive so pls more respect less toxic

On topic elefant is one problem another is non doc rocket arty for me only vanila factions should have it because stuka zu fuss is so broken on maps like port hamburg when okw can have it so quickly and then save fuel for command panther
21 Jun 2019, 15:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The problem is the reason you play those modes. There is more players, there is a higher volume of units involved.

Unless you want to force that everyone have half total popcap so at most you are using the same amount of units field as 2v2, you would never solve the issue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★