Login

russian armor

[2v2] Hard time against assgren stalling

19 Jun 2019, 04:13 AM

We are badly outmatched against a rank 21 team.

I got completely nulified by assgrens as they stalled me really hard by beating me to green cover. Not sure what to do on these cases: Cons can't get close, and plinking away against them from long range its just playing their game while the mg finds a better position.

Cons dont have the damage to force them out if I get a flank because I can't get close. Isolated conscripts will get shreded or pios will trade retreats with them if I can't down one of them on the approach

Also I'm not quite sure which flame upgrade use flamers on engies or molotovs on cons.
19 Jun 2019, 04:38 AM

You might consider going t1 for penals and clowncar if assgrens continue to be a problem. You'll probably want flamers over molotovs if all he gets is assgrens since they can really easily dodge molotovs.
29 Jun 2019, 23:13 PM

Whenever I use assgrens, I fear Cons at range, especially large groups of them. You say long range is their game but it's really not since they completely lack armor and depend upon cover or DPS at short range to save them. Yes MGs in combination are a problem but the same could be said for any unit with any MG.

It seemed to me watching the replay you were knocking them down just fine. At one point you got two squads down to one man, but they unfortunately escaped in the chaos of you losing your flame engineer. RNG, but it happens.

The second time you had two fully manned cons against one assgren and you were about to kill it, but you retreated. I'm not sure why. Maybe you hit the button by accident, which we're all guilty of. During that point you were doing REALLY well because you were fighting in a perfect position; you had cover behind the train or house, his MG did not have line of sight because of the house, and you never exposed your men while fighting him one assgren group at a time.

As for dealing with the MGs, you have to use something other than cons, eventually. MGs, mortars, sniper, clown car, SU-76, even Zis with barrage. Finally, for my money, molotovs are a way better investment than other flame weapons, unless going clown car.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 19
Germany 851
Germany 39

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %