Login

russian armor

Cyberpunk 2077

18 Jun 2019, 20:59 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'm a huge fan of Blade Runner and the idea of sci-fi near-future dystopia. People raved about BR2049 but for me it was a huge let-down. Will Cyberpunk 2077 live up to the hype? Did anybody actually play any of the previous games? Or even the pen-and-paper RPG from way back when? What do you think of them adding Mr. Breathtaking to the game?
18 Jun 2019, 21:05 PM

Yeah, polish studios want battle rockstar games with a new open-world game. we played last month cyberpunk 2020 pen ´n paper. hope cd project do good job on this game. @witcher3 was awesome!
18 Jun 2019, 21:18 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

18 Jun 2019, 21:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

KEANU REEVES

Breathtaking
20 Jun 2019, 05:19 AM
Patrion 310

Need to know.

This is gaming journalism - 2019:

And they are failing hard financially:
Gizmodo Media Group (owners of Kotaku gaming news) have a 20 million dollar operating loss:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-2019-gizmodo-owners-of-kotaku-sale-troubled-media-collection-sold-again.535563/
Gizmodo Media Group’s sites generated more than $80 million in revenue in 2017, Mullin reported at the Journal, but lost $20 million. Spanfeller, also an investor in G/O Media Inc., thinks he can turn that around:
https://www.niemanlab.org/2019/04/gizmodo-media-group-is-sold-to-a-private-equity-firm-and-univision-is-out-of-the-english-language-website-business/

My advice? Stop hiring a bunch of blogger activists that have questionable loyalty to the corporation and readers/gamers. Many of these so called 'journos' are not even gamers. This is proof:
20 Jun 2019, 10:15 AM

- Private Equity firms have no soul and only care about money, though.
- Out of the English business. Charming.
- Oh, joy. Gaming journalists who don't game? Precious :)
20 Jun 2019, 10:37 AM

Society:

Games should be more inclusive and diverse.

CDPR:

More different racial gangs and gender gangs

Journalist:

Game is racits, you shoot at diverse racial gangs! Evil white man at play again!!
27 Jun 2019, 04:44 AM
Patrion 310

Journalist:

Game is racits, you shoot at diverse racial gangs! Evil white man at play again!!

TL;DR:
Hilarious short clip from Yongyea YouTuber sums it up:

Yongyea losing faith in gaming journalism? :(

To be clear game journos are not all unhinged but they are grasping at straws with Cyberpunk 2077.
I understand why The Quartering is a controversial YouTuber/gaming critic but attacking Yongyea makes no logic.

Gamergate’s Latest Targets Are Cyberpunk 2077’s Critics:
https://medium.com/@TheRealAKhaled/cyberpunk-2077-transphobia-poster-mike-pondsmith-gamergate-92fa6e3a922d

Sure enough, when typed into YouTube’s search box, “cyberpunk 2077” brings up just in its first page two notable gaming provocateurs — Cleanprincegaming, and YongYea.
A few days later he double down on the YouTuber's hitpiece:
https://medium.com/swlh/gamergate-game-journalism-youtube-zoe-quinn-anita-sarkeesian-cleanprincegaming-yongyea-thequartering-901e63c05a3b

I accidently helped a reporter create a youtuber hit piece article. In this article he talked about 'angry gamers' and I let him interview me about it. I had no clue it was going to be a hit piece against youtubers and I had no clue it was going to result in people losing their sponsors. Here's my story.

These are the type of blogger activists that are hired and/or paid to write news articles for gaming news sites. Desperate for clicks or enjoying the smell of your own farts/intellectual smugness?
What is worse Google+MSM bias is supporting a fake narrative that make gamers and YouTubers look bad.
Some of us saw this censorship/demonization coming from a mile away but now we got clear evidence to prove Google bias.
Within a short period of time Youtube/Google has practically merged with MSM content and that has serious implications especially for Youtube content creators.
Long story short, Youtube/Google is digging their own grave and facing new criminal charges/antitrust investigation (both US and EU) + public scrutiny.

Is there a silver lining?
Yes, but first we got an internet war to win:

Quoted for Truth:
Gabe Newell's advice in 2013 still rings true: 'Nobody is smarter than the internet'
https://www.businessinsider.com/valve-ceo-gabe-newells-advice-to-businesses-still-rings-true-today-2017-11?r=US&IR=T

MSM can't handle competition from independent creators and media. Also tried to remove the biggest gamer on Youtube, Pewdiepie but that failed:
https://www.tubefilter.com/2017/02/16/pewdiepie-wall-street-journal-response/

That does not mean Pewdiepie is safe from Google/MSM censorship as this big investigation suggest:
YouTube’s Trending section puts creators at a huge disadvantage over big brands
22, Study collected data on more than 40,000 videos

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/29/18642833/youtube-trending-coffee-break-pewdiepie-late-night-sports-highlights

27 Jun 2019, 07:03 AM

I never played any game from CDPR. But I heard so much about the Witcher games (especially witcher 3) and also so many good things about CDPR.
I watched many videos on Youtube and I heard only very very positive things about them and their games. So I decided to buy the Witcher 3 even though I am not a RPG player, never was one in my 35 years of gaming.
But... I bought it and I will play it this summer. And I am sure that I will enjoy it, if not fall in love with it :D
About Cyberpunk 2077, I watched the trailers and the gameplay and I am soooooo hyped about it. Imagine how I would feel if I was a RPG fan, I would go crazy :D
From what I saw and heard, I believe that this game will be one of the best ever and it will break many records and will produce many headlines.
I am looking forward to it. I even consider to pre order it.

P.S. Keanu was the icing on the cake!

Enterprises like CDPR shoud get our support, look what EA,EPIC,TakeTwo and Activision are doing right now. The epitome of BS (to be polite).
28 Jun 2019, 11:32 AM

Yea, I love CDPR's work. Great value for the money.
A lot of love in their work.
30 Jun 2019, 19:35 PM
Donator 11

it seems like they out even more time into cyberpunk than into witcher 3 and that was a great game already
additionally CDPR is probably the only developer i would still preorder from, so yeah, i'm hyped :D !!
25 Aug 2019, 09:18 AM

The new gameplay on gamescom looks pretty cool!

Youtube - Ghostrunner Gameplay
25 Aug 2019, 10:41 AM

I never played any game from CDPR. But I heard so much about the Witcher games (especially witcher 3) and also so many good things about CDPR.
I watched many videos on Youtube and I heard only very very positive things about them and their games. So I decided to buy the Witcher 3 even though I am not a RPG player, never was one in my 35 years of gaming.
But... I bought it and I will play it this summer. And I am sure that I will enjoy it, if not fall in love with it :D
About Cyberpunk 2077, I watched the trailers and the gameplay and I am soooooo hyped about it. Imagine how I would feel if I was a RPG fan, I would go crazy :D
From what I saw and heard, I believe that this game will be one of the best ever and it will break many records and will produce many headlines.
I am looking forward to it. I even consider to pre order it.

P.S. Keanu was the icing on the cake!

Enterprises like CDPR shoud get our support, look what EA,EPIC,TakeTwo and Activision are doing right now. The epitome of BS (to be polite).

Update.

I started The witcher 3 and i can say that its one of the best games ever.
3 weeks in and i have almost 90 Hours, i dont want to stop :D
Cyberpunk will be sooo good.

:clap::clap::clap: CDPR
5 Nov 2019, 12:21 PM

The stuff I've played from CDPR has been top notch honestly, so I was glad to hear they were at the helm of CP2077. I've played cp2020 as paper and pen extensively (plus a little bit of some of the alt reality stuff, but not much), thoroughly enjoyed it, though there's always been a number of issues with the design of the PnP game. Still, here's to hoping for something gritty, cool, and big for CP2077 (so far, things seem hopeful).
7 Nov 2019, 08:54 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

7 Nov 2019, 20:54 PM
Coder Red Badge

Update.

I started The witcher 3 and i can say that its one of the best games ever.
3 weeks in and i have almost 90 Hours, i dont want to stop :D
Cyberpunk will be sooo good.

:clap::clap::clap: CDPR

And to think Witcher 3 was released in 2015 - what a game. I am also very hyped for Cyberpunk as Witcher games are definitely one of the better games i've played.
8 Nov 2019, 10:30 AM

^^ wonders if human :O

If you're referring to me, fair XD First post and all that jazz. I've been lurking for awhile, just never really posted. Have piped up in the shoutbox a bit though.
8 Nov 2019, 11:05 AM

I got that game pre-ordered already, it's a shame people won't see through the irrelevant controversy(if you can call it that) surrounding it.

BR2049 was pretty bad, most people who liked this trash either weren't fans or didn't watch the first movie.
8 Nov 2019, 14:52 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

If you're referring to me, fair XD First post and all that jazz. I've been lurking for awhile, just never really posted. Have piped up in the shoutbox a bit though.

I wouldn't put it past the gaming companies to push an AI driven ad campaign, particularly for this title where it almost seems appropriate. Glad to know you're one of us (I believe you now 99%). :D

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2019, 11:05 AMCresc
BR2049 was pretty bad, most people who liked this trash either weren't fans or didn't watch the first movie.

Preach the truth, brother!

15 Nov 2019, 20:54 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2019, 11:05 AMCresc

Why do you think so?

Personally, I didn't like the quasi-religious take - but then again, the first BR was a perfect storm IMHO, I never expected something as good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS