Login

russian armor

Soviet strafe

9 Oct 2013, 21:25 PM

This thing is just raping everything. A few months ago the german strafe was like the soviet strafe now is: it kills tanks, any infantry (even on retreat), but it got nerfed. In my opinion the soviet strafe should be nerfed too. What are your opinions?
9 Oct 2013, 21:35 PM

I think they are about the same? One pins one doesn't.
Germans got quite few options to shoot this pesky plane down.
9 Oct 2013, 21:47 PM

I think they are about the same? One pins one doesn't.
Germans got quite few options to shoot this pesky plane down.

I have never seen that the german strafe kills 4 squads on retreat in like 5 seconds and I've also never seen this plane going down by an ostwind or something like that.
9 Oct 2013, 21:51 PM

just retreat your squads when it comes out? It costs 240 munitions while the german one costs half that. and the german one pins. If u retreat as fast as u can U may lose a few members of some squads or maybe god forbid u lose one squad... for 240 munitions...

use any of the german OP options and ull never havce to worry about your opponent getting 240 munitions and command points high enough to use this strafe.
9 Oct 2013, 21:53 PM

I've never found this to be worth the high munition cost, but maybe that's just me.
9 Oct 2013, 21:55 PM

the il2 is ridiculously strong now. i find it worse than the old german strafe honestly. that one didnt search the map finding a target, it only killed units that stayed in the smoke. the il2 will hunt your units down and kill them while they retreat. you can also call it somewhere that the enemy cant see (so they dont see the smoke) and the il2 can catch units off guard. ive also had panthers get engine damage from them since they have such a high rate of fire. its even killed a few panthers that were somewhat low on health. this plane can completely turn games around, although it can be countered by having enough ostwinds.

i would suggest reducing its search radius so it can actually be avoided. a slight penetration reduction might also be good. i know its a 23mm, but with its very high rate of fire, even a low chance to pen results in a lot of damage to tanks. this ability should only be strong against infantry, just like the german 37mm strafe is only useful against vehicles. even then, the german 37mm strafe is really lacking compared to the il2, so that could probably use a buff as well.
9 Oct 2013, 22:00 PM

just retreat your squads when it comes out? It costs 240 munitions while the german one costs half that. and the german one pins. If u retreat as fast as u can U may lose a few members of some squads or maybe god forbid u lose one squad... for 240 munitions...

use any of the german OP options and ull never havce to worry about your opponent getting 240 munitions and command points high enough to use this strafe.

And what is with my paks, mgs, and mortars? They don't have the time to retreat and can't dogde it. And please imagine your squads have already lost a few men. What do you do now?
9 Oct 2013, 22:06 PM

i think its fine. its the oposite of the german strafe, denying a zone by killing power instead of suppresion, something that is reflected on its munition cost, the key to surviving the run is to retreat the unit when the plane starts shooting, not before or after. it is strong in damage, i lost a 3 star pgrenadier to it.
9 Oct 2013, 22:11 PM

Well i think its too strong vs retreating Units... killed in one Game 3 Grenns in retreat
9 Oct 2013, 22:12 PM

Base Strafes are too easy. Otherwise not too bothered since it comes with the right pricetag.
10 Oct 2013, 00:19 AM

This thing is just raping everything. A few months ago the german strafe was like the soviet strafe now is: it kills tanks, any infantry (even on retreat), but it got nerfed. In my opinion the soviet strafe should be nerfed too. What are your opinions?

For the massive 240 ammo it cost it should be better than german strafe!.
But i dont understand why the devs made the two strafes different( germans strafe supresses and soviets does more damage) you would think that they would have the same effect.
10 Oct 2013, 00:26 AM

Permanently Banned
I think some people are possibly confusing Stuka Close Air Support with Strafing Run in this thread.
10 Oct 2013, 00:46 AM

The thing is once you retreat dont walk back into the area of the strafe once you walk out of your base you will get raped by doing that. I have seen many people make that mistake when I have used it, they retreat and then walk right back into the strafe radius while its still circling and get owned. Also all german tanks have the ability to shoot this plane down as well as ostwind and scout car. It does get shot down and easily.
10 Oct 2013, 00:49 AM

Permanently Banned
Also all german tanks have the ability to shoot this plane down as well as ostwind and scout car. It does get shot down and easily.

Iirc, purchased pintle MGs have about a 1% chance per pass to down an aircraft.

I dont remember the exact figure when a Dev posted it, but it was something extremely low like that.
10 Oct 2013, 02:58 AM

i think its fine. its the oposite of the german strafe, denying a zone by killing power instead of suppresion, something that is reflected on its munition cost, the key to surviving the run is to retreat the unit when the plane starts shooting, not before or after. it is strong in damage, i lost a 3 star pgrenadier to it.

How does killing a unit and suppressing a unit equate. I would take killing a unit over making it crawl around anyday.
10 Oct 2013, 08:48 AM
Patrion 14

I wouldnt say its the equivalent of the ostheer strafingrun, mostly because it costs alot more and kills infantry. It really denies the ostheer to blob up infantry. Its very powerfull, but still possible to retreat out of (weaponcrews are very likely toast). Also, as pointed out can be countered.

As for base strafes, even the strafing run in base will shut down a player. It might not kill full health squads, but lowhealt. And the instapin also shuts down infantry counters like AT-nades and guards. It requires more units to do the damage, but comes with a cheaper pricetag.
10 Oct 2013, 09:01 AM

this thing is ridiculous, i appreciate its expensive, but in a 1v1 it can literally wipe out all your infantry even on retreat, and its not like you can recover and buy more as they have lost all their vet
10 Oct 2013, 09:07 AM

I have never seen that the german strafe kills 4 squads on retreat in like 5 seconds and I've also never seen this plane going down by an ostwind or something like that.

It costs 240 ammunition while German one cost half the price. Single Ostwind in the right place is able to shoot it down on the first pass.
10 Oct 2013, 10:01 AM

It costs 240 ammunition while German one cost half the price. Single Ostwind in the right place is able to shoot it down on the first pass.

I will try it with an Ostwind, but I don't expect too much. And saving 240 mun isn't that hard: if you had in early game mapcontrol, and didn't build flamers or PPSH-41 or you just have an mun-op its not as hard as you think to get 240 muns.
10 Oct 2013, 12:40 PM

I will try it with an Ostwind, but I don't expect too much. And saving 240 mun isn't that hard: if you had in early game mapcontrol, and didn't build flamers or PPSH-41 or you just have an mun-op its not as hard as you think to get 240 muns.

Last time I used this, it got shot down by an ostwind on the first pass. It's not consistent though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 32
Peru 5
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %