Login

russian armor

Should demos be better vs static positions and weapons?

5 May 2019, 11:43 AM

Hi all I know demos have gone through a lot of changes and nerfs and mostly for the right reasons, but I was wondering If it would be a good idea to buff (imo) there intended purpose?
Demos currently fail to destroy any team weapons in one blast (including pak43, pak40s, LEFHs ect) and do no do nearly enough damage to bridges for its cost (talking mostly stone bridges, even though wooden ones take 2/3 demos)
Just don't really see what else to use them for if you can't use them to wipe blobs and there not cost effective nd destroying anything else
5 May 2019, 12:15 PM
Patrion 26

Yes, they were nerfed too much, to the point of only being useful in very specific situations.

They should be able to destroy team weapons with one charge, imo, to give them more use and utility.

It would also be nice to be able to use boobytraps on VPs. I don't think being able to do so would be OP, and it would make boobytraps more useful in general.
5 May 2019, 13:33 PM

It made zero sense for them to make it so you can't plant demos on territory points, while also making any squad detect them. If you lose a squad to a demo that you could see the whole time, that's 100% your fault. All they needed was the latter nerf, both makes no sense

Now if someone's bunker is close enough to a point, and you flank it, you can't demo it. Really really dumb
5 May 2019, 13:37 PM

I can't see why not.
It was neutered in any kind of combat utility it had, its pure non combat utility skill.

Only blind people still fall for it.
5 May 2019, 22:14 PM

If people seem to agree could we test it in with all the other updates?
Im not on the modding team so im not sure what you'd have to do, but im imagining some sort of multiplier vs ambient structures/team weapons so that it still does the same damage vs everything else, while being able to destroy those things
6 May 2019, 04:13 AM

The not being able to plant on points thing is idiotic because caches and bunkers are pretty much the only viable targets for demos now and the former is always on points. It's already useless against infantry anyway, so it's not like the restriction is doing anything anymore, and demos are still super overpriced for killing caches. They should probably just be like 45 or just get replaced with satchels if they aren't going to be useful against infantry.
6 May 2019, 07:27 AM

i like this idea
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight