Login

russian armor

Discuss - New Commander Patch Suggestions

2 May 2019, 15:05 PM

The only thing it really offers is SVT conscripts. The Airborne Guards are just worse Shocks / Guards in their respective role. There's no guard PTRS's or M-42, so light vehicles will bully you all the time. The doctrine has very high munition costs because of the dshk, expensive DP's, weapon crates and skillstrafe.

Giving Combined Arms (my preferred option), you'd be given something that can help in the late game if you're already well established. It won't do much if you have an inferior composition on the field. Add on top of that the high munition cost of this doctrine, it wouldn't be easily spammable.

Otherwise, how about a completely different idea. We don't merge the Rally Point and add no new commander slot, but add the option for Airborne Guards to upgrade 2 elite zooks, how's that?

My point was: 15 muni sprint is not a very strong ability, it's good, no more.

If early game AT is needed maybe an air dropped M42 could fit the bill instead of like the DSHK or something, similiar to the US Airborne.
2 May 2019, 15:31 PM

If early game AT is needed maybe an air dropped M42 could fit the bill instead of like the DSHK or something, similiar to the US Airborne.

I offered M-42 airborne anti-tank group. It is similar to the United States. M-42 drop with a conscript squad, you can capture and merge. Or improve conscript for antitank weapons, it takes away the merge, gives anti-tank grenade and heavy anti-tank mine (like the German AT mine) and an ambush. and to be different from T0 conscripts, he can get a bazooka, anti-tank rifle grenade with a large radius.
2 May 2019, 17:24 PM

As much as I also look forward to seeing the KOTH games with the mod, it may end up like the 2v2 tourney when the commander redesign patch was coming out -- where many people didn't play to show off the new abilities, but just to win.
2 May 2019, 17:41 PM

As much as I also look forward to seeing the KOTH games with the mod, it may end up like the 2v2 tourney when the commander redesign patch was coming out -- where many people didn't play to show off the new abilities, but just to win.

Agreed, thats a realistic fear. The 2vs2 tourney was more or less meaningless for providing feedback.
Lets hope its better this time. Im optimistic. The date of the 2vs2 test tourney was probelematic because all 2vs2 teams were in "competition mode" for the anniversary classic.

Edit:
Maybe Stormless could give players a incentive to use the new commanders as much as possible:
The players who uses the most new abilities / reworked core units get the same payment as for a win.
2 May 2019, 17:55 PM

For what it's worth, credit to Miragefla for consistently organizing 1v1 and 2v2 games in the mod. I mean, he has a personal stake in it, but it's still effort and ought to be recognized.

2 May 2019, 18:01 PM

For what it's worth, credit to Miragefla for consistently organizing 1v1 and 2v2 games in the mod. I mean, he has a personal stake in it, but it's still effort and ought to be recognized.

+1
Tighdrope was also great, he made a lot of test videos.
2 May 2019, 18:21 PM

Still a new commander tourney doesn't tell the full story. For example, I believe the commander that benefits most from the Ostheer changes is Infantry Doctrine. It's already strong now, but with next patch you'Il have both a strong light vehicle without the need of T2, a decent AT option with double Schrecks and a tank that's 30 fuel cheaper than the P4, while still being effective.

The Centaur rush of olden days will be restored, I have forewarned the community! :megusta:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight