"Cover to Cover" to "Fire Up"

Replace Cover to Cover with Fire Up?
Option Distribution Votes
78%
22%
Total votes: 18
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Apr 2019, 16:47 PM

The new USF commander has the ability 'Cover to Cover,' which applies sprint to all units in a radius and drops a smoke shell at the centre of the ability.

I suggest replacing this with the existinjg Fire Up ability from Rifle Company. Fire Up gives a timed sprint ability to Riflemen squads.

Fire Up as a concept is more versatile and straightforward. Furthermore, any edits made to Fire Up to make it viable will also benefit Rifle Company, a relatively weak commander.
30 Apr 2019, 17:03 PM
Patrion 14

I'd prefer my suggestion that gives rifles an upgrade which gives them a new role equipping them M1A1 carbines, molotovs/wp nades and a new ability, so that we don't have to see double bar rifles all the time, ...

but I take this over cover to cover if my suggestion is falling on deaf ears :)

The commander seems quite bland, everything is already in other commanders, the only "new" thing are the RE rifle nades.
30 Apr 2019, 18:27 PM

I also wanted Fire Up in the new commander (no exhaustion and bundled with Flares). I think it's just more intuitive to use without having to worry about placing the smoke and then making sure your Rifles are in radius AND then microing multiple squads (or just making a lame sprint blob). I mean new abilities are nice but this one feels forced for the sake of new abilities. I suppose another option is the make the Sprint part of a per unit upgrade and call it "Urban Assault Training" and bundle it with something else.
30 Apr 2019, 18:43 PM

yes, even though the idea of cover to cover is new and kinda cool, people will just (ab-)use this ability to make blobs more annoying.
30 Apr 2019, 19:44 PM

I also wanted Fire Up in the new commander (no exhaustion and bundled with Flares). I think it's just more intuitive to use without having to worry about placing the smoke and then making sure your Rifles are in radius AND then microing multiple squads (or just making a lame sprint blob). I mean new abilities are nice but this one feels forced for the sake of new abilities.

+1

And add Riflemen Field Defenses to Rifle Company. :clap:
30 Apr 2019, 22:52 PM

I just think it's a little gimmicky, like Hold The Line or Smoke Raid in UKF.
30 Apr 2019, 23:52 PM

I'd prefer my suggestion that gives rifles an upgrade which gives them a new role equipping them M1A1 carbines, molotovs/wp nades and a new ability, so that we don't have to see double bar rifles all the time, ...

but I take this over cover to cover if my suggestion is falling on deaf ears :)

The commander seems quite bland, everything is already in other commanders, the only "new" thing are the RE rifle nades.

I, for one, like this idea
1 May 2019, 07:32 AM

So the idea is to turn riflemen to super conscripts with improved ourah/molotovs?
NO I don't think this is good idea.
1 May 2019, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2019, 07:32 AMVipper
So the idea is to turn riflemen to super conscripts with improved ourah/molotovs?
NO I don't think this is good idea.

Fire Up is 15 munitions.
Riflemen molotov is 30 munitions.

USF would have through burn a lot of munitions to spam these abilities like the Soviets can, which comes at the cost of delayed BAR's etc. I personally think Fire Up is a much better alternative than the forced combination of smoke + aura sprint for 70 (!) munitions.
1 May 2019, 10:02 AM
Patrion 14

If "fire up" and molotovs are really a concern, why can't we not stop recycling the same things and give the commander something new though?

like... ;)
1 May 2019, 10:05 AM

Why can't we not stop recycling the same things and give the commander something new though?

like... ;)

Why would we add new abilities when we can make literally unused abilities viable again? Two birds in one stone.
1 May 2019, 10:06 AM
Patrion 14

Why would we add new abilities when we can make literally unused abilities viable again? Two birds in one stone.

Making "fire up" viable again doesn't mean we have to have it in this commander, though. The commander basically recycles everything but RE nades (and molos) from other commanders. There aren't a lot of unique things in it when compared to the other commanders.

I'm all for finally making fire up usable again, I have even lobbied Andy and Miragefla about it :D
1 May 2019, 10:19 AM

Making "fire up" viable again, doesn't mean we have to have it in this commander, though. The commander basically recycles everything but RE nades (and molos) from other commanders. There aren't a lot of unique things in it when compared to the other commanders.

I'm all for finally making fire up usable again, I have even lobbied Andy and Miragefla about it :D

I get your point, but your Urban Assault Equipment suggestion has a totally different purpose than Cover to Cover and Fire Up (sprint abilities).

If anything, your idea should replace Rangers and be buffed accordingly, like lowering the RA of Riflemen when upgraded. This would make the commander feel a lot more unique already.
1 May 2019, 10:27 AM
Patrion 14

I get your point, but your Urban Assault Equipment suggestion has a totally different purpose than Cover to Cover and Fire Up (sprint abilities).

If anything, your idea should replace Rangers and be buffed accordingly, like lowering the RA of Riflemen when upgraded. This would make the commander feel a lot more unique already.

That's also an option. :) I'm just not sure the commander "needs" cover to cover or sprint. But I'd rather have it be sprint than cover to cover since that is either the most expensive source of smoke in the game or just another incentive for blob charges, both of which are undesirable.
1 May 2019, 10:36 AM

Best part of this ability is that u can give sprint to your teammates i hope this is not bug
1 May 2019, 10:44 AM

That's also an option. :) I'm just not sure the commander "needs" cover to cover or sprint. But I'd rather have it be sprint than cover to cover since that is either the most expensive source of smoke in the game or just another incentive for blob charges, both of which are undesirable.

Agreed, tagging a 70 munition cost to a simple smoke + sprint ability makes it very situational and clunky. If you just want to flank / assault an hmg with 1-2 rifles, you pay a completely disproportionate amount of resources. Even global sprint or a normal smoke barrage would be better already, there's little reason for them to be combined.

IMO, Fire Up is the ideal replacement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 162
unknown 8
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %